tropicunt

Disembodied Poetics

So I was browsing through a ton of Lana's old tweets and I decided to do some researching.. I was just curious about some and I wanted to find out if she had written them or if they were quotes, references, etc.

I stumbled across this website: http://disembodiedpoetics.com.

If you look through the poems on there dated between 2009-10, a LOT of it corresponds with Lana's 2010/2011 tweets (on her current acc). I'm just wondering if anyone could analyze this further.

One thing that jumped out to me was this:

I was just reading a ton of the poems and noting which ones Lana tweeted, when I saw a poem titled "you have to take me right now." Of course I thought of Yayo.

A few poems later and I see this one:

http://disembodiedpoetics.com/418

This poem (which is well worth the read btw) includes the line: "You put on a show for me," which also reminded me of Yayo, especially considering the previous reference. I read through the whole poem and when I got to the bottom there's a comment that says "This one is my favorite." written by Liz, dated 5 years ago. Thoughts?

~also, if anyone wants me to link the tweets and their corresponding poems, I can.

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

So I was browsing through a ton of Lana's old tweets and I decided to do some researching.. I was just curious about some and I wanted to find out if she had written them or if they were quotes, references, etc.

I stumbled across this website: http://disembodiedpoetics.com.

If you look through the poems on there dated between 2009-10, a LOT of it corresponds with Lana's 2010/2011 tweets (on her current acc). I'm just wondering if anyone could analyze this further.

One thing that jumped out to me was this:

I was just reading a ton of the poems and noting which ones Lana tweeted, when I saw a poem titled "you have to take me right now." Of course I thought of Yayo.

A few poems later and I see this one:

http://disembodiedpoetics.com/418

This poem (which is well worth the read btw) includes the line: "You put on a show for me," which also reminded me of Yayo, especially considering the previous reference. I read through the whole poem and when I got to the bottom there's a comment that says "This one is my favorite." written by Liz, dated 5 years ago. Thoughts?

~also, if anyone wants me to link the tweets and their corresponding poems, I can.

and the connection with "you say as a child (Young & Beautiful) you dreamt of a life in eden (Gods & Monsters)" and "you are the garden and always have been."

and the connection with "you say as a child (Young & Beautiful) you dreamt of a life in eden (Gods & Monsters)" and "you are the garden and always have been."

It's weird, isn't it? Part of me thinks it's just some random blog she liked, but she tweeted references to these poems for 2/3 yrs. It's almost hard to tell whether these poems were inspired by her music or she was inspired by the poems. Did she ever go by Liz, or was that just a red herring? I'm trying to contact the poet himself to see if they knew each other xx

I stumbled on this about two and a half years ago and have a ridiculously long and almost creepily thorough megapost detailing all of this I need to finish editing. They're poems written about her by an online admirer/acquaintance of hers named Chris Cole. Although he was clearly smitten with her, it doesn't appear they were ever more than friends. I've been in contact with him and will post more about this after following up on one thing with him.

Edit: At the time I also looked into the question of who inspired who, and except for the possibility that he may have introduced her to Walt Whitman's poem "I Sing the Body Electric", and perhaps the Arthur/Marilyn theme from "Puppy Love", it appears her lyrics and DIY videos predate all his references to them.

Edited by evilentity

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I stumbled on this about two and a half years ago and have a ridiculously long and almost creepily thorough megapost detailing all of this I need to finish editing. They're poems written about her by an online admirer/acquaintance of hers named Chris Cole. Although he was clearly smitten with her, it doesn't appear they were ever more than friends. I've been in contact with him and will post more about this after following up on one thing with him.

Edit: At the time I also looked into the question of who inspired who, and except for the possibility that he may have introduced her to Walt Whitman's poem "I Sing the Body Electric", and perhaps the Arthur/Marilyn theme from "Puppy Love", it appears her lyrics and DIY videos predate all his references to them.

I'll put this on my waiting list next to your UV review

loading.gif

But for real, this is SO exciting! Can't wait to read more about this

FUCK MY FACE, I REALLY WANTED TO BE THE ONE TO POST A TOPIC ABOUT THIS BUT I AM STILL SO HAPPY SOMEONE DID.

I have been following Chris for a while now, not as long as @@evilentity, or as extensively, probably just since this past winter. However, I got really overwhelmed with this need to find out more, so I went on a whim in March and just messaged him:

13119861475_41836883c1_o.png

He didn't directly respond, but then this happened a while after:

13119865135_f0cbd4d321_b.jpg

Really fucking fantastic guy, and absolutely inspirational. I have been convinced that the two fed off each other for inspiration and shared a fairly close relationship in terms of artistry. He still really enjoys her work, as a series of posts indicate on his personal Facebook, including one that explains "The Musical Genealogy of Lana Del Rey's New Single 'West Coast."

I've inferred that she may still be a prominent muse in many of his pieces, new and old. If not a tale of unrequited/forbidden love, definitely a tale of the everlasting impression one can leave on a writer/artist, long after the imprint has been made. I don't know as much as evil does, but I do strongly urge anyone to check out the Facebook page, he updates it frequently, and really has a form of poetry that's just so eloquent, beautiful, and at times very uplifting or heartbreaking.

Definitely kinda sorta in love with him. He was one of two poets in the last year that helped me find my voice again as a writer.

Interesting topic ... Especially this "Liz" comment and the message @ Vinnie.

Although I wouldn't connect this

"you say as a child (Young & Beautiful) you dreamt of a life in eden (Gods & Monsters)" and "you are the garden and always have been."

just because of this 3 words .. I mean like ... the garden of eden is nothing Lana exclusive and so is mentioning children :creep:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So glad I made this topic.. I should've known evil already has a post about this, haha!! Please share! I really didn't think any of you guys would be that interested in this but I'm happy you are :)

Also, the poems are so heavily inspired by Lizzy, I love them. If you're always wanting more of her old stuff, I'd definitely suggest reading them. Some seems like it could be her lyrics. Love you guys xx

I was about to make a topic on this but I'm glad I looked it up first! I figured it was probably old news. I just find this entire thing so interesting and I wish I knew more. I would love to know the connection between the two.

I also love that the cover of his book has a shoutout from Lana. 

This poem reminds me a lot of Stargirl 

I'd love to see that masterpost. Hope it gets to see the light someday

I'd love to see that masterpost. Hope it gets to see the light someday

it seems that the poems he has tagged as "a la muse" are the ones inspired by lana: http://disembodiedpoetics.com/category/poetry/a-la-muse-poetry. in this one he refers to her as his "muse"

one of her tweets which is from one of his pieces

this similarity is interesting: in this 2009 piece, he says "my compass points in all directions at once and i follow in pieces. i am true west", which reminded me of the ride monologue and "no moral compass pointing me due north" line

the find that made me say holy shït: in this post, he writes this - '“I hope millions of people read your writing, it’s so damn good.” – Lana Del Rey, Multi-platinum recording artist (Interscope)', and includes this quote on the front cover of the book, which you can buy a copy of if you wanna :hooker:

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png