larina

ISIL And Contemporary Terrorists

I think most of us now know about the Muslim terrorists and I've heard that they're forcing people to change religion or they will kill them--it's repulsive! I mean, seriously, why can't we all get along? I'm friends with non-Christians! And not all Muslims are terrorists, yes, I know that. One of my school friends is a Muslim and she's so nice! But what's the point of the killings and terrorism?

Share your thoughts and discussions in this thread.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I know you said that not all Muslims are terrorist, but to have the phrase Muslim Terrorists in the title is problematic. Let's not forget about the Christian terrorists like the KKK - who lynched, raped, beat and murdered people of color, Jews, Catholics & minorities in the name of Christianity. They're still very much active (mostly in southern America) and even though they aren't as violent anymore, they continue to spread their bigotry to younger generations. Army Of God - a group of anti-abortion "activist" who bombed abortion clinics and killed doctors in the name of Christianity - because you know, nothing says life is sacred more than murdering people :toofloppy: . Christian Identity - a group of Christian white supremacist that used the bible to defend murdering Jews, homosexuals and people of color. Let's not forgot that Christians killed Pagans for not converting during the rise of Christianity and the crusades where Christians murdered Muslims for not converting. 

This is why I'm not religious, all they do is fight about which god has the bigger dick George Carlin reference :oic2: . Atheist have never gone to war with other atheist over who disbelieves in god more. 

rNnBi.jpg

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

@ I know your title is just descriptive. But what do you think about changing it to "ISIL and other contemporary terrorists"?

Atheism does not have to be anti-religion. Religion is not the problem; it's people using groupthink to manipulate other people. You might as well try to ban all human organizations. (Actually, we've been there and done that, and anti-establishment proponents generally go on to try and establish their own brand of groupthink. So good luck with that.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

@ I know your title is just descriptive. But what do you think about changing it to "ISIL and other contemporary terrorists"?

Atheism does not have to be anti-religion. Religion is not the problem; it's people using groupthink to manipulate other people. You might as well try to ban all human organizations. (Actually, we've been there and done that, and anti-establishment proponents generally go on to try and establish their own brand of groupthink. So good luck with that.)

What other organization have the same control over people like the religious ones? And the problem is, there will always be people who'll use their power to do everything, but with religion it's because god told them to do that, the Bible says this, etc. People who really believe in religion and do things in the name of god are stupid tbh. 

EotAQlJ.jpg

Any organization in which there's money involved. Get rid of one symptom and you'll see the potency crop up elsewhere.

The answer is not to put down religion, but to speak up regarding specific instances of problems. It's more time-consuming that way, but in the long run more effective. So keep speaking out, yes. Just try to be more targeted.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think most of us now know about the Canadian terrorists and I've heard that they're forcing baby seals to give them their furs or they will kill them--it's repulsive! I mean, seriously, why can't we all get along? I'm friends with non-loons! And not all Canadians are terrorists, yes, I know that. One of my bird friends is a Canadian goose and she's so nice! But what's the point of the clubbings and terrorism?

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

Religion should not exist. Period. 

What should not exist are the minds who believe that human residents of this Earth should not exist if they do not follow the Muslim religion. They especially target Christians, like, what did we ever do to them? Do we want to murder them for not following our religion? No!

I know you said that not all Muslims are terrorist, but to have the phrase Muslim Terrorists in the title is problematic. Let's not forget about the Christian terrorists like the KKK - who lynched, raped, beat and murdered people of color, Jews, Catholics & minorities in the name of Christianity. They're still very much active (mostly in southern America) and even though they aren't as violent anymore, they continue to spread their bigotry to younger generations. Army Of God - a group of anti-abortion "activist" who bombed abortion clinics and killed doctors in the name of Christianity - because you know, nothing says life is sacred more than murdering people :toofloppy: . Christian Identity - a group of Christian white supremacist that used the bible to defend murdering Jews, homosexuals and people of color. Let's not forgot that Christians killed Pagans for not converting during the rise of Christianity and the crusades where Christians murdered Muslims for not converting. 

This is why I'm not religious, all they do is fight about which god has the bigger dick George Carlin reference :oic2: . Atheist have never gone to war with other atheist over who disbelieves in god more. 

rNnBi.jpg

I never knew about that! Yes, some Christians are homophobic as it apparently says that same-sex relations are bad but I have yet to see such statement so I, and many others, believe otherwise. My grandparents are homophobic (but they despise that word, "homophobia" even though I think it looks pretty snazzy if I don't say so myself, as a lover of words), however, my mother and I are not. I actually think I'm bisexual. 

But anywho, why must we still continue this stupid feud? Why is it impossible for all to get along? We'll all be sent to hell if we keep up with this despicable behaviour! 

What should not exist are the minds who believe that human residents of this Earth should not exist if they do not follow the Muslim religion. They especially target Christians, like, what did we ever do to them? Do we want to murder them for not following our religion? No!

Have you read the history of Christianity? Christians have done waaaaay worse things and still continue to slow progress in society. In 500 years it might not be Islam that will be causing problem, but maybe another one. Religion is the source of these problems. (which is something created by men, thus flawed)

EotAQlJ.jpg

I never knew about that! Yes, some Christians are homophobic as it apparently says that same-sex relations are bad but I have yet to see such statement so I, and many others, believe otherwise. My grandparents are homophobic (but they despise that word, "homophobia" even though I think it looks pretty snazzy if I don't say so myself, as a lover of words), however, my mother and I are not. I actually think I'm bisexual. 

But anywho, why must we still continue this stupid feud? Why is it impossible for all to get along? We'll all be sent to hell if we keep up with this despicable behaviour! 

I think it's because in America, Christianity is the dominate religion and any acts of terrorism by Christians are just seen as 'crazy people doing crazy things' instead of actual terrorist. It's so much easier for people to blame their problems on something that's different, ya know? I have no idea why it continues, but I doubt it'll ever end. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I think it's because in America, Christianity is the dominate religion and any acts of terrorism by Christians are just seen as 'crazy people doing crazy things' instead of actual terrorist. It's so much easier for people to blame their problems on something that's different, ya know? I have no idea why it continues, but I doubt it'll ever end.

Hmm, yeah, true :agree:

Forget about that and think about this: what Allah gives to straight women and gay man when they explode themselves for "the cause" ? I mean, I would need a little incentive to blow myself up, and 20 female  virgens ain't gonna do nothing for me. What a gay man would do with 20 woman? Brush their hair? He would be raped by them for eternity?

I guess ISIS is not doing their marketing campaign right, I mean gays and straight women ain't getting nothing interesting on that deal and we are a fair share of the market. That is a terrible strategic mistake

I would also highly suggest that the responsible for the advertising of the campaign to start making interviews for recruits at lesbian bars, would save them good money on ads. 

glgcDdT.gif

I think those terrorists tried to find a meaning to their life and a way to solve their problems after their country has been terrorized and stolen by occidental countries. Imagine having your whole family murdered by American soldiers, it becomes clear to you that this country is pure evil. You are left with nothing and an extremist organisation comes to you and tells you everything you wanted to hear, supports you and so on. Those recruiters are indeed very intelligent, cultured people with a very convincing speech. Terrorists appear where people are oppressed.

Maybe Americans don't kill anymore in the name of Holy Christianity but they still do in the name of Holy Freedom or Holy Democracy, which neither of them appear in countries that were bombed by the Holy USA.

SCARFACE2371.png

I think those terrorists tried to find a meaning to their life and a way to solve their problems after their country has been terrorized and stolen by occidental countries. Imagine having your whole family murdered by American soldiers, it becomes clear to you that this country is pure evil. You are left with nothing and an extremist organisation comes to you and tells you everything you wanted to hear, supports you and so on. Those recruiters are indeed very intelligent, cultured people with a very convincing speech. Terrorists appear where people are oppressed.

Maybe Americans don't kill anymore in the name of Holy Christianity but they still do in the name of Holy Freedom or Holy Democracy, which neither of them appear in countries that were bombed by the Holy USA.

Yeah, but what about the European countries and Australia and New Zealand and New Caledonia, etcetera? :smh: Why everyone?

Can't we just end this stupid thing that is war for good? What is the fucking point of it all? People get hurt. People die. The land is damaged. Everything dies. Why? Because some people are mad? It's seriously not worth it. If I had the power, I would protest but I'm a mere fourteen-year-old girl - what do I know?

Yeah, but what about the European countries and Australia and New Zealand and New Caledonia, etcetera? :smh: Why everyone?

Can't we just end this stupid thing that is war for good? What is the fucking point of it all? People get hurt. People die. The land is damaged. Everything dies. Why? Because some people are mad? It's seriously not worth it. If I had the power, I would protest but I'm a mere fourteen-year-old girl - what do I know?

European countries, Australia and so on. are also engaged in those wars and interventions. They are for example a part of the NATO coallition.

I don't wanna sound mean but it is pretty clear that you are only 14 years old, you need to gain knowledge in geopolitics and this will become more understandable to you.

SCARFACE2371.png

I think most of us now know about the Canadian terrorists and I've heard that they're forcing baby seals to give them their furs or they will kill them--it's repulsive! I mean, seriously, why can't we all get along? I'm friends with non-loons! And not all Canadians are terrorists, yes, I know that. One of my bird friends is a Canadian goose and she's so nice! But what's the point of the clubbings and terrorism?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

European countries, Australia and so on. are also engaged in those wars and interventions. They are for example a part of the NATO coallition.

I don't wanna sound mean but it is pretty clear that you are only 14 years old, you need to gain knowledge in geopolitics and this will become more understandable to you.

And then you read more and none of it makes any sense again. 

I'm with a teenager wanting peace, ahead of idiots who are cutting people's heads off, or other idiots who are beating up people who sort of look like those first lot of idiots. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

:lanasrs2: *clears throat* Um, OK, I could be thirty-two and not know much in this subject. That's unjust. It is just that I don't usually take interest in this topic. My age is just a number.  :derpna2:  Some have said I am skilled enough linguistically and literary that I could publish a novel already.  :judgingu: Don't judge.

And then you read more and none of it makes any sense again. 

I'm with a teenager wanting peace, ahead of idiots who are cutting people's heads off, or other idiots who are beating up people who sort of look like those first lot of idiots. 

Thank you!

My 2 cents....

1. The fact that Catholics did worst centuries ago can't be in any way or form a reason to justify the existence of ISIS, Al Qaeda and all the other radical form of Islam as a regime and a Government. People who use the fact Christians did worse makes me wanna pull my eyebrows out tbh, it's like saying the Israelis have the right to massacre Palestinians GP because Germany did worst to them and a couple radical nut jobs Islam fanatics are threatening their national sovereignty. One can't justify the other, if we do that we are doomed. I wonder what people would think if Israel started bombing Germany out of the bloom....

2. Did you ever ask yourself why the Middle East is a concern while so many Islam-Fascist regimes are installed in Africa??

3. Radical Islam is NOT a religion first, that's the issue. Is most of all a regime, the law which the State will operate and rule society with. Comparing it with Christiniaty is naive and not reading between the lines. Radical Islam is closer to Fascism and Nazis than to Christianity in this time and age. There ins't shades of grey in Radical Islam as a State, you are in or you are dead, that's the 2 options. There isn't a choice. That's a regime, that's fascism.

4. Radical Islam is a lot worse then Christianity (Catholic) was in their prime because is more efficient. For several reasons:

A) Is easier. To be a Catholic you have to go through a series of rituals: be baptized,do a  first communion, christened.... To be a Muslim you just have to become a Muslim. 

B) Internet changed everything making Radical Islam a cancer that spreads easily. Look at those crazy lunatics having their videos of beheading human beings showed at newspapers, magazines (even respectable ones), forums.... the attention they get is in a sick way a stardom. That dude with Brit accent that is cutting people's throat in that village he lives, in that world, is a star. 

5. Radical Islam is a disease that needs to be stopped. IMO the approach in how to stop is obviously wrong, mostly because US or most European countries invested in the called collision or war against terrorism have no interest to stop it. The answer to stop it is, and always was, in Middle East itself, the children, woman and man that live there, not in imposing western views instead of asking them: what you need? What you want? Look at how those woman live and are treated, you can't honestly believe that if they had a choice they wouldn't chose different. I'm not talking religion here, I'm talking way of living and human rights, which any form of radical regime denies it to the population and Islam is no different.

But the different choice and path they would take may not be the one the Western world is imposing or offering. There for all those people have no where to go, no side to pick. In one side you have UK and US trying to get their natural resources and destroying their country and on the other they have crazy radicals that transformed their peaceful religion into a system made to hate everyone and destroy all non believers. It's obvious that destroying the country is just a way to propagate hate and create new terrorists, like was said when you see your family die, friends, everything is taken away, what's left? You become a easy target for Islam Fascism.

My grandfather is a great and awarded journalist and he said to me a couple times that the real "woman revolution" didn't happen yet, that feminism as it most pure, genuine form will be a Middle East female revolution. He always say " I probably wont be alive to see it, but you will and don't miss it because it's going to a show, an amazing show. " I hope his right and I hope happens sooner than later, because look at those people, they don't even have a side to chose, one is Western trying to win over their misery and the other is Radical Islam-Fascism also trying to win over their misery.

glgcDdT.gif