Baby V Alex

LDR in México City 06-10 & 07-10

Guest Dot

I've always hated Cola as the intro, It's so uneuphoric as Cruel World or as any opening track would suit.

Watching this live now really makes me want to see Lana live, definitely one day tho :smokes4:

http://youtu.be/VyFVG4VfPmg

I really like how she begins to really add new songs to the playlist (I guess she will slowly start to replace the Paradise era songs with UV ones now).

The Old Money version is really great! I hope we will get more soon, even if it's just her performing MPG and FMWUTTT again.

As for Cruel World ... You all know I really dislike the song, it just hasn't got enough to offer for being so f*cking long. However, I think her live performance is much more interesting than the drag that is on the record. I could not imagine it as anything else than the opener, so I guess this is ok (and she was already teasing this with her fake snippets, maybe the snippet will be a part of the live variation, like Cola had this "we can work it out, and make it real nice, yeah we can work it out" live line). i preferred Cola, since i lvoe the song and think it was a good opener, however I think I am ok with new stuff.

And it's not as frustrating as with Cola when she walks through the audience, cause you won#t miss anything from the song she hasn't already sung 3 or 4 times during the first minutes of it :creep:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I wish she'd keep Cola as the opening and do Cruel World second

Well, all I can say is that I am glad she finally opened up with another song than Cola, which I think is nowhere near one of her best songs. In fact, it got old so quickly.

And that fact that she reminded herself that she a new album to perform live is a nice suprise.

Cola is one of my favs and should be kept as the opening tbh

Cola is definitely a better opening than CW but I'm glad she finally performed something from UV other than West Coast or the title track.

You again

The live arrangement of Old Money is so good, why couldn't she let Dan Auerbach touch it on record? :defeated:

If we got that version we'd want the version we have now... why can't we have both like West Coast  :defeated:

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Guest Dot

You again

Ohhhh what can I do? Cola is her best song but you don't have a clue. Peeeeppppsiii pussy blues the magnificence, it don't make sense to you.

Lana did a beautiful job on Old Money but I prefer the album version  :toofunny:  the latter one is full of heavenly emotions, it's like an angels's song but the live version sounds kinda dull...

Cruel World would only be a nice opener if Lana used @@Ultraviolence idea tbh  :creep:

nevertheless I don't want to complain, at least she finally sang two new UV songs live (even though she skipped MPG and FMWUTTT again  :usrs: )

also here's a relativley good audio quality video of Cruel World (full)

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Wow... that was just beautiful!! This is actually the first song of hers that I've heard where I liked the version without the strings just as much as the album version with strings. I also liked the fact that she reached down for those really low notes that she sings on the album. Not all of them, but a good number of 'em. :)

Yass, she finally sang the best song from UV! :D

The crowd is seriously annoying, although I understand they are excited when they get to hear OM.

I'll edit out the crowd on my audio and listen to this obsessively :bliss: