fl0ridakil0s

Lana taught me that...

Lana encouraged me to be promiscuous, self involved, self destructive and manic.

I find such posts very problematic, because it's not like Lana forced you to make any choices - and yet some people would blame her art for your behaviour.

I don't like the idea of artist censoring herself, because someone might get inspired to make her mistakes (to an extend, obviously - stuff like eminem wanting to punch Lana or rapping about murdering his named wife I find disgusting).

I'm writing an novel, in which I'm sorta doing with my life what Lana does with hers in her music. In case it gets published, should I get worried about inspiring tumblr teenage girls to self-harm (bc they twisted the meaning of my words)? Maybe, but I can't kill my own voice for their sake. I've been suffering in silence for too long...

Sorry for rambling.

i am nothing and should be everything

I find such posts very problematic, because it's not like Lana forced you to make any choices - and yet some people would blame her art for your behaviour.

I don't like the idea of artist censoring herself, because someone might get inspired to make her mistakes (to an extend, obviously - stuff like eminem wanting to punch Lana or rapping about murdering his named wife I find disgusting).

I'm writing an novel, in which I'm sorta doing with my life what Lana does with hers in her music. In case it gets published, should I get worried about inspiring tumblr teenage girls to self-harm (bc they twisted the meaning of my words)? Maybe, but I can't kill my own voice for their sake. I've been suffering in silence for too long...

Sorry for rambling.

I meant it sarcastically...

@ sorry for not getting it. I've seen so many things like that said on tumblr that I've pretty much lost my sarcasm detector when it comes to people I don't know.

i am nothing and should be everything

Or that loving her was never enough? 

She makes so many references to American culture that I didn't get until I listened to her that I began to question my identity as a born and bred 'merican. I didn't know what:

• Skid Row
  • Chateau Marmot
  • Bugsy Malone (+ all the other names in LoD besides SS/Adrian and Bonnie/Clyde)
  • Cosa Nostra
  • Lolita (the book)
  • Top Shelf Liquor
  • Yayo
  • Drugstore Cowboy
  • PBR (I had a tame teenage life)
  • That Americans were Young, Dope, and Proud
  • Cherry Knots

were, and a few more that I can't think of right now. I never realized how truly sheltered I was. :(

I wish UV had as many references as the rest of her music, or do I just miss them?

the day i realised that 'yayo' is cocain, i get like WHAAAAAAAA

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Lana encouraged me to be promiscuous, self involved, self destructive and manic.

ikr

to want a suggardaddy too

and teachers, ofc  :hooker:

@ sorry for not getting it. I've seen so many things like that said on tumblr that I've pretty much lost my sarcasm detector when it comes to people I don't know.

me too lol!

that I am the princess

(yo soy la princesa)

compreendes mis whites lines?

Same as you. I don't really like the American culture that much (one of the reasons why I decided not to go to college there) but Lana did make me wanna know more about it (apart from what I learned in US History xd). 

Lana sambando na vida das passivas~

adoro poder escrever qualquer merda em portugues sabendo que ninguem vai entender!!

I'm American, and for me, it was kind of the opposite: I discovered Lana because of the movie "Maleficent."

question: is that you in your profile pic? do you play violin? because thats awesome! i'm from a music school and i always see the teachers playing, is so beautiful :'D

question: is that you in your profile pic? do you play violin? because thats awesome! i'm from a music school and i always see the teachers playing, is so beautiful :'D

Yes, that is me, and yes, I play both violin and viola (and a little bit of piano). That's actually my viola in the profile picture. My wife and I are part of a string quartet, and we were doing a photo shoot. I play viola for the group, so that was one of my "by myself" pictures. I don't earn my main living in music, but I do it on the side, and I really enjoy it. I'm glad you like hearing the music! :)

Lana taught me that it's okay to be sad and that there is a beauty in being melancholic. 

I've all ways had an old head on young shoulders and I've always been nostalgic for an age I was never born in but thanks in part to Lana aesthetics I have fully embraced that part of me now.Which funnily enough has made me a happier person...

She's partly influenced the way I dress aswell. I'm not into the whole vintage queen look as honestly it wouldn't suit me but her grunge look is something I really admire and aspire to look like.I've gained massive self-confidence in doing so to.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Lana taught me that it's okay to be sad and that there is a beauty in being melancholic. 

I've all ways had an old head on young shoulders and I've always been nostalgic for an age I was never born in but thanks in part to Lana aesthetics I have fully embraced that part of me now.Which funnily enough has made me a happier person...

She's partly influenced the way I dress aswell. I'm not into the whole vintage queen look as honestly it wouldn't suit me but her grunge look is something I really admire and aspire to look like.I've gained massive self-confidence in doing so to.

that's so intense. i feel same. ty!

that's so intense. i feel same. ty!

Lana tought me that I can be a feminist and still perversely enjoy her music (that is mosty about subordination and putting love above everything else). :scajo2:

I'm much into BDSM (it might sound strange considering the statement above), but only with a partner I enormously trust and share deep intimacy with, although I tried it in reality only with two of my lovers who I found out were acting out their rage and hatred towards women through that sexual praxis, and they suffered from malady of dividing women into madonnas and whores, where the first was sublime, goddess-like muse whom they loved from the distance, and the latter was just a dirty slut for fulfilling their nastiest fantasies. So they are the past now. But that physical and psychical masochism is still persistent in me, and I feed it with Lana's music. She's my lovely vampire, but also blood infusion. I'm like a hectic bussiness woman that is in charge in her professional life, and then comes home to her lover and dungeon to receive a sassy portion of staged whipping, just because I (sometimes) enjoy the pleasure intertwined with pain.

Also, I've managed to vent and sublimate my own melancholy and made it cosy and cathartic.

And I learned that I have that girlish, tender, romantic, flowerish, nostalgic and soft side, although I listen mostly post-punk and goth (not cheesy one) music. Nico and Diamanda Galas, those voices from the grave, are no longer my only divas.

Lana highlightened all facets of my feminine being, and all the archetypes, from nymph, virgin and lolita, to whore, amazon warrior, vamp, femme fatale, venomous seductress, empress, priestess and Hecate-like magician. I became aware of my own chameleon soul and of all its advantages to create my own works of art, which are very versatile, like I have a multiple personality disorder. :D

And although I've read Lolita a long time ago (I also highly recommend Nabokov's Ada), she pushed me into investigating Whitman and Ginsberg and beatnik culture.

And I was always into europian elegance, chic, history, culture and tradition (because I'm from Europe), but Lana's Americana learned me about validity of pop-culture and mixing high and low, elitist and populist, so to say. The american dream and devoted ambition is a rush of fresh air for melancholic old world. :fabcat:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Lana taught me a lot about pop culture but more importantly she taught me about love and how it's okay to feel the way I feel and that sometimes love can be upsetting and that it's totally normal (to some extents in her songs). She taught me that it's natural to feel like nothing without someone.

Lana taught me that music can take influence from the past and not be bad. Like, some music is really annoying when people try to make music that sounds like it's from 40+ years ago but Lana does what she does really well and most artists who try to do what she does can't do it the same way. She's literally iconic, whether she's #1 on iTunes or #20 on iTunes. She's an icon of the American dream, imo.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg