Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

Depression Cherry title explanation: "For us, Depression Cherry is a color, a place, a feeling, an energy… that describes the place you arrive as you move through the endlessly varied trips of existence…"

Can't wait to get my ticket! Seeing them in October too :)

Depression Cherry title explanation: "For us, Depression Cherry is a color, a place, a feeling, an energy… that describes the place you arrive as you move through the endlessly varied trips of existence…"

Can't wait to get my ticket! Seeing them in October too :)

Which date will you be attending? :)

H0bDaqU.gif

Sunday Oct. 04 if people will let me be great and not buy any tickets before I do. You?

October 7th!

I'm very interested by the song titles and theme they are going for with this new record. they said:

"In general, this record shows a return to simplicity, with songs structured around a melody and a few instruments, with live drums playing a far lesser role. With the growing success of Teen Dream and Bloom, the larger stages and bigger rooms naturally drove us towards a louder, more aggressive place; a place farther from our natural tendencies. Here, we continue to let ourselves evolve while fully ignoring the commercial context in which we exist."

I can't decide if this means they are embracing their natural moment towards bigger sounds or falling back into their older sound that was less big.

H0bDaqU.gif

also, the album cover is by far my least favorite of their 5 covers now, but idk it'll be cool because it's apparently red velvet on the physical editions? I would maybe prefer it without text at all actually... hmmbeach-house-depresssion-cherry-album.jpg

Yea that color is too pretty to have text on it and it's true about the red velvet. Cant wait to get one!

OoOh which one?

Oh & I bought my ticket :-)

I actually don't know the name of the song, but it's from a short film they scored in 2013 called "This Must Be the Only Fantasy", so I just use that as the title. It's just a rip from the film I believe. I just found it by googling it, it's not like it's rare, I just didn't even realize it existed!

H0bDaqU.gif