Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

do we have demos or unreleased songs from beach house? I've never heard of any

sort of.... don't know about technically "unreleased" but there's the Used to Be 2008 demo and the 2005 Apple Orchard demo - both on iTunes. i've also created an album of rarities that includes songs not on any of the 6 studio albums:

1. Play the Game

2. Baby

3. The Arrangement

4. White Moon (iTunes Session)

5. I Do Not Care for the Winter Sun

6. Equal Mind

7. Little Girl

8. Saturn Song

finally there's live renditions of a few cover songs that i don't have saved. this is pretty much EVERYTHING, i'm almost positive.

H0bDaqU.gif

SO they just announced ANOTHER set of US tour dates (do they ever stop touring? seriously) and I'm going to see them in Knoxville, TN in May! I'm super excited bc the last time I saw them it was the day they announced TYLS, so I didn't get to hear any of that material live yet!

ALSOOOOOOOO, there is a rarities collection being released sometime later this year...... I'm truly shook at the thought. More music already?????? omg. I'm wondering if this might include some of the 8 "rarities" we already have or just all new stuff? I hope it's the latter. Omg imagine Bloom or DC outtakes? screaming

H0bDaqU.gif

Depression Cherry stole my heart although from what I've heard it kind of stands out compared to the rest of their work?

it actually doesn't, lol. it's a beautiful record but it's more of the same from them.

Thank Your Lucky Stars is more of a stand-out album. They generally like to stay within their dreamy sound.

14417469274.gif

it actually doesn't, lol. it's a beautiful record but it's more of the same from them.

Thank Your Lucky Stars is more of a stand-out album. They generally like to stay within their dreamy sound.

Ok, thank you for keeping me informed! Will definitely dig them more this year.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I saw this thread at the recent topics and I thought it was about Lana's beach house where she shot the music video for High By The Beach :bye3:

you should be ashamed of yourself

I love the song Master of None, but I don't know much else about beach house. Anyone have any suggestions?

honestly Master of None is kind of like the low-fi little brother off all their best songs. Try listening through Bloom or Depression Cherry.

H0bDaqU.gif

It sort of depends, DC falls more in line with Bloom and Teen Dream, where TYLS falls more in line with Devotion and S/T

I would argue that all of their albums are a lot more different sonically than people like to give them credit for.

I don't think it was posted in here or I'm just blind but they're releasing an album of their previously released, but lesser known songs (b-sides basically) this year and that what the tour is for

I posted about it... but how do you know all the songs will have been previously released?

H0bDaqU.gif