GodBlessMe

Favourite Lana Live Performances

Everybody says she sounds so bad in this performance, but I don't hear it. I think this is one of her best performances ever of this song. I also love how she changes up the lyrics to "I just wanted my baby to know, that I think he's the best". 

Lovely. 

Everybody says she sounds so bad in this performance, but I don't hear it. I think this is one of her best performances ever of this song. I also love how she changes up the lyrics to "I just wanted my baby to know, that I think he's the best". 

Lovely.

Yeah I agree!!!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

The first ever live performance of West Coast. Something about this performance is so hauntingly beautiful. Her voice, the smoke streaming across the stage, the palm trees swaying in the wind. It's incredible and I hope we get an HQ clip one day.

She steps on stage like the ghost of a beautiful screen legend long passed and gives a stunning, eerie performance. Her vocals (especially towards the end) are some of the best I've ever heard from her.

I wish more of her fans had seen this. It's so transfixing.

You get a sense of how much the lyrics mean to her, and I love the stripped-down version of the song.

Dem vocals.

HM: Much of Coachella and the recent Mexico performances, Goodbye Kiss cover, Video Games on Letterman, West Coast in Berlin, Ultraviolence premiere, Ride on Langs de Leeuw and in Carcassonne, first Young and Beautiful performance, Knockin' on Heaven's Door in Hamburg, Burning Desire at Jaguar Reveal, Born to Die at the 02 Arena, Yayo in 2008, Cola in Paris, Born to Die at the Chateau Marmont, Wonderwall cover, Diet Mt. Dew premiere. Old Money, Mexico performance is getting close to my top 5. There are a lot of great hidden Lana performances and it's really hard to narrow them down. :toofunny:

If we're talking about Lana era only, I agree with a lot of yours. Here are some that were important for me.

1) The iTunes festival 

I'm sure everyone here has seen this, but this was the first proper live performance of hers that I ever saw. I had not seen the Ride film clip, so I didn't understand her clothes at all - it seemed to me that she'd grabbed some clothes from two decades ago on the way out of the house and put them on just before getting on stage. I also had in mind that comment a certain person made about her SNL appearance - that she looked like a teenage singer in her bedroom. I got that feeling from this performance as well, but not in a bad way - it looked as though she was out of place and unsure of herself, but that she had these amazing songs that she was singing completely un-selfconsciously, which is such a rare thing. It genuinely got me excited about following her.

2) Ride on Langs de Leeuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLttDsZjRvg

Not only is this one of her best vocal performances, and a beautiful song (of course), but the look on Sharon Den Adel's face is priceless, not to mention that the crowd seems stunned into silence. If someone asked me to show them a video of LDR that proved she could sing with the best of them, this is the one I'd bring up.

3) Ultraviolence at Vancouver

Not only was this the first time any of us had heard the song, it felt like a special moment from afar. We got some snippets, then a bad recording, then this quite good recording. Some of the lyrics are a little different, too, and I generally prefer them here to the album.

4) Off To The Races first performance

A strange one. She seems very excited here ... but it's a rarely performed song, and recorded before the madness truly began. 

5) National Anthem LA Night 3, 2012

The strangest of them all. Instead of going into the crowd and taking selfies (which blew my mind the first time I saw her doing it on the iTunes show), she leans forward and kisses a few fans in the front rows. Both disturbing and amazing, it's a side of Lana that we see again and again in her dealings with fans, but here it's taken to the next level. It feels transgressive to be observing it, and it's very hard to figure out what she's thinking. I find this video as compelling as the film clip, and, come to think of it, it's a nice companion to the monologue at the end of the clip.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Not only is this one of her best vocal performances, and a beautiful song (of course), but the look on Sharon Den Adel's face is priceless, not to mention that the crowd seems stunned into silence. If someone asked me to show them a video of LDR that proved she could sing with the best of them, this is the one I'd bring up.

Except that one girl whose thumb-facing at 2:20 :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xGx7raw7Q

The shouting at 3:03 :cumming:

The way she pronounces the "I'll follow you anywhere, anywhere" at 2:38  is just amazing, that was stuck in my head for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgYtJDm5pk

Also, even though most of us probably saw this performance plenty of times,
it's just so cool. That moment at  2:06, the way she pronounces the words ("I was so confused as a little child, trying to take what I could get, scared that I'll never find"), her voice is so soft and amazing.
It's a segment I went back to over and over again for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgYtJDm5pk

Also, even though most of us probably saw this performance plenty of times,

it's just so cool. That moment at  2:06, the way she pronounces the words ("I was so confused as a little child, trying to take what I could get, scared that I'll never find"), her voice is so soft and amazing.

It's a segment I went back to over and over again for a long time.

THIS!!!! The way her voice suddenly goes higher is just :cumming:

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I can't make a Top 5 but these are my favorite performances:

"Blue Jeans" live at Le Grand Journal - She looked beautiful and her voice was flawless. It's such a powerful performance and her vocals in the last chorus >>>.

"Body Electric" live in Frankfurt (April 20th, 2013) - Everything about this performance is extremely haunting and sexy. Her dress, her voice, the stage, her sexy movements and, obviously, the song itself. I just love it so much.

"West Coast" live at Coachella Festival - You're right, this is one of her most haunting performances ever. The night was just so beautiful, the band were incredible and she was so excited and happy (+ she looked so fucking hot!).

"Video Games" live in Buenos Aires (November 14th, 2013) - My love for this performance is not because it was in my country, it's beyond that. First, her dress, her hair, everything, she looked like a doll! Her voice... wow... so touching. She was about to cry (she didn't but she cried during "National Anthem" though). The connection with the crowd was incredible, they were singing along every single word, it was lovely. AND, the "it's loving YOUUUUUU" in the end was  :defeated:

"Cola" live in Milan (May 7th, 2013) - I don't know what to say about this one tbh, I just love it so much. Beautiful dress, great vocals and awesome crowd.

Of course I have lots of favorite performances but these are incredible imo.

ohhh really good thread!!

when she drops her voice those low notes are so lush

the first chorus was so good - she sang it with visible nerves and it was wobbly but i think that's what made great

she seemed relaxed and like she enjoyed it, plus it's London - i'm guessing her home territory. 

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

My top 5: 

1. Million Dollar Man - Olypmia, Paris
Her show in Paris is by far the best she has ever done in my opinion. I wish I was there to experience it. I've made an album of the show and it's my favourite live Lana album. Million Dollar Man is my favourite song she does live, and this is my favourite performance of it. Please listen from 3:00 to 4:10, you'll be blown away.

2. Heart-Shaped Box - Oslo Spektrum
Simply amazing vocals here. The note she holds from 2:00 - 2:30 is indescribable. I would have died if I was in the crowd.

3. Radio - Jazz Café, London
I love how stripped back this entire night was and she performed beautifully. I wish she would do another performance like this. When her voice goes high from 2:18 - 2:38 I melt. I also love the way she sings "how do you like me now?" at 1:11. Beautiful stripped performance.

4. Roadhouse Blues - Camp Freddy
Another display of Lana's amazing vocals. Give a listen to the stellar note she hits at 1:49 along with the magic she does with her voice from 2:40 - 2:55. The crowd seemed to appreciate the performance as well. Also, her hair looks incredible here! :smile:

5. Body Electric - Olympia, Paris
Another performance from Paris, which is my favourite show of hers. There is a certain way she can perform this song that makes me fall in love with it, and she executed it perfectly here. 2:00 - 2:10 is my favourite part. Also, the way she giggles at the beginning when she's talking to the crowd is adorable.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4. Roadhouse Blues - Camp Freddy

Another display of Lana's amazing vocals. Give a listen to the stellar note she hits at 1:49 along with the magic she does with her voice from 2:40 - 2:55. The crowd seemed to appreciate the performance as well. Also, her hair looks incredible here! :smile:

Very cool - I've heard this before, but the audio is not anywhere near as good as seeing the video as well. This is one of a few videos that show what she might have been like as a straight out rock singer.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Has she gotten any better with her live performances? I haven't been checking and can't watch the video y'all have posted at the moment.

All the things you've said and the things you've done to me - You can no longer make me cry. #FreePalestine.

I 100% agree. I think we can see in this performance her extreme sensitivity and vulnerability. She's so nervous she's looking down, hanging to her microphone. Her body language speaks a lot. And that cute face she makes at the end, it's lovely. Sharon was so much in the moment, at the end she forgot where she was. That says it all.

1. Radio @ Scala

2. Chet Baker w/ Mando Diao

3. Echoing this

4. Fuck you if this isn't on your list tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umthQL2CPhc

5. EVERY LIVE PERFORMANCE OF WITHOUT YOU IS AMAZING INSERT ONE OF YOUR CHOICE

With rock arrangement and Bob Dylan outro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yJj7XcmMo

Stripped