Viva

Kesha Taking Dr. Luke to Court

As most of you know by now Kesha filled a Civil Lawsuit against Dr. Luke accusing him of assault, battery and rape. It's bizarre her description of what he did. I do believe in "Innocent Until proven Guilty" and I do believe in not putting Dr.Luke in a cross or hanging him at the moment. But I also think that Kesha  is telling the truth. Probably took her years to be able to talk about or even acknowledge the terrible and abominable things that happened to her. Since she was in rehab I imagine she got there the support and courage she needed to be able to finally tell her story.

"The most incendiary allegations revolve around sexual abuse — specifically, how Dr. Luke allegedly forced her to snort illegal drugs and gave her "sober pills," which Kesha says were really a form of gamma-hydroxybutyrate, more commonly known as the date rape drug.

On one occasion, the lawsuit reports, "Ms. Sebert took the pills and woke up the following afternoon, naked in Dr. Luke's bed, sore and sick, with no memory of how she got there. Ms. Sebert immediately called her mother and made a 'fresh complaint,' telling her that she was naked in Dr. Luke's hotel room, she did not know where the clothes were, that Dr. Luke had raped her, and that she needed to go to the emergency room."

Here is the entire lawsuit with the court documents

Dr Luke says is a lie and all she wants is getting out of her contract.

Now Pebe, Kesha's mom, made public a email she send to Dr Luke where she mentions Lady Gaga as someone who will support Kesha's statement. In another words or Gaga saw - heard something or she was also a victim. This is beyond nasty tbh. 

"We, me and Kesha and her friends, like Lady Gaga, are going to make all of this Really PUBLIC, in the next few days. Luke date raped Kesha when she was 18. Nicky Hilton's birthday? Paris Hilton's house? Luke gave Kesha pills. She ended up naked in his hotel room 2 days later. No longer a virgin?"

What a mess. Imagine the testimonies to this case? Everyone in pop 2007 plus...Rihanna, Miley, Katy Perry....I believe a man that gets away with such abominable actions for over 10 years wouldn't stop at just one victim, if all is true, this is one sick monster. I hope Gaga is just a testimony because imagine if he did that to her as well, or other girls? What a disgusting mess and for sure is not going to end well.

glgcDdT.gif

I've been hearing a lot about this. No, it's not going to end well. Worst case scenario is that the jury sides with him since she is just now coming forward after 10 long years. What people never seem to understand is that it takes a lot of courage to talk about sexual assault, and Kesha was probably afraid what would happen to her career if she came forward. I'm glad she finally did come forward, though, because this guy deserves to go to jail for the brutality he put her through.

tumblr_mxdp6mDS681r7oj7fo1_r1_500.gif

he forced himself into an executive producer role on her reality TV show

Really? He is just another handler who abuses and sucks the soul out of newcomers in the industry.  This is going to be long and I hope she wins the case.

I've been reading a lot about this and yes, it's terrible. Dr Luke is not just a shit hit-maker/record producer, he's a horrible person. He's an authoritarian and he wants to control everything - Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, Miley Cyrus' most famous singles, Katy Perry's career, etc. I do believe in Kesha, she's not a drama queen and she never really wanted lots of attention. It's so sad because she is so talented. She can sing, write, produce and she has such a nice personality. 

I don't think Lukasz will go to jail. Look at R. Kelly, some rumors say that he raped teenagers and he's still there... releasing albums, videos, performing. But I do hope he loses his job... it would be immoral if someone wants to work with him after all this freaking mess. Good luck, K$!

P.S.: Wow at Gaga supporting her  :gclap:

I've been reading a lot about this and yes, it's terrible. Dr Luke is not just a shit hit-maker/record producer, he's a horrible person. He's an authoritarian and he wants to control everything - Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, Miley Cyrus' most famous singles, Katy Perry's career, etc. I do believe in Kesha, she's not a drama queen and she never really wanted lots of attention. It's so sad because she is so talented. She can sing, write, produce and she has such a nice personality. 

I don't think Lukasz will go to jail. Look at R. Kelly, some rumors say that he raped teenagers and he's still there... releasing albums, videos, performing. But I do hope he loses his job... it would be immoral if someone wants to work with him after all this freaking mess. Good luck, K$!

P.S.: Wow at Gaga supporting her  :gclap:

I think if Kesha remains alone on this sue he wont go to jail, because to prove rape after 10 years is basically impossible. I do believe she wont be alone tho, I think we will see more girls coming forward, let's hope Gaga is just a support act in this horror story and not another victim.

I do believe his punishment will come from the International community, more then US's industry. I think the world is different at this moment. Every country/culture has their on rules in what is tolerable and what's not and a hit is only a hit when is international. Look at Chris Brown, you may think he got away with it but he was denied visa to the UK, Singapore,  Japan and Brazil among other countries. He was kicked to the curve by Rock in Rio and isn't singing at any major festival outside America. Yes he was sitting at the Grammy's, 1 year after almost beating Rihanna to death, but his ass was ignored at the Brits Awards.

I doubt any major artist will touch him any time soon,  America may tolerate this but their international career would suffer a major damage. Bitches like that get treated like Ebola in South America and in this day and age the likes of Gaga, Katy, Rihanna can't afford a loss like SA or Japan/Singapore. 

Why you think Gaga didn't release the DWYW video with R Kelly?? Can you imagine the size of the damage to her image when people outside US find out a woman as famous as her was working with a well known rapist? Worst, a rapist of underage girls?? I mean I know America Industry seems to don't care much, but here for example, I saw legends from artists to footballers lose their careers for a lot less.

Dado Dolabella was a very famous, hot young actor, quite a good one. He had a fight with his girlfriend in a club, also a famous actress, and things got nasty. He beat her, punched a cleaning lady. In the end the law gave him basically what Chris Brown got but the industry and society as a whole were a lot more severe. He lost his contract with Globo International, lost his leading role in 2 major movies, and was black listed in several of the most high end night clubs.

Rape/ Pedo/ Domestic violence in Asia and SA is the Ebola. 

glgcDdT.gif

Anybody else find the idea of continuing to work closely with your rapist for almost ten years afterwards before making allegations against them in a civil suit (coincidentally when you badly want out of your contract with them for other reasons and before pressing criminal charges against them) a bit incredible?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I do believe his punishment will come from the International community, more then US's industry. I think the world is different at this moment. Every country/culture has their on rules in what is tolerable and what's not and a hit is only a hit when is international. Look at Chris Brown, you may think he got away with it but he was denied visa to the UK, Singapore,  Japan and Brazil among other countries. He was kicked to the curve by Rock in Rio and isn't singing at any major festival outside America. Yes he was sitting at the Grammy's, 1 year after almost beating Rihanna to death, but his ass was ignored at the Brits Awards.

Why you think Gaga didn't release the DWYW video with R Kelly?? Can you imagine the size of the damage to her image when people outside US find out a woman as famous as her was working with a well known rapist? Worst, a rapist of underage girls?? I mean I know America Industry seems to don't care much, but here for example, I saw legends from artists to footballers lose their careers for a lot less.

I didn't know that about Chris Brown  :O I mean, I didn't know he was "banned" in some countries.

Gaga has never worked with Dr. Luke, but I think she meet him. Gaga is a "good friend" of Kesha and I think she knew all her story with Luke so that's why she made the Do What U Want video. The story of the video fits with all this mess, and that's why Gaga said "the world isn't ready for the DWUW video". Idk, but I'm happy that the video never came out cause it was going to be a HUGE mess.

Anybody else find the idea of continuing to work closely with your rapist for almost ten years afterwards before making allegations against them in a civil suit (coincidentally when you badly want out of your contract with them for other reasons and before pressing criminal charges against them) a bit incredible?

Not really. She literally couldn't do anything, her contract was just terrible. She is/was the only artist signed to Kemosabe Records (Dr. Luke's label) and she is/was his main source of money. "Ke$ha" wasn't even her name, it was Luke's. Now she's just "Kesha". I'm happy that she didn't have to make a big change in her stage name, it would be a real mess.

Kesha wants to break her contract for a long time, it's not something she wants "now". If I'm not wrong she wants to stay away from him since the release of her first album.

You know what I find reallyyyyyy strange? Her mom behavior. I mean, one thing is a victim of horrid sexual abuse be quiet and react in strange ways. When talking about victim of sexual abuse I think strange reactions is the normal. But her mom knowing that her daughter is working with the man that rape her kid is beyond strange to me. The fact her mother didn't speak up or got to the police is just bizarre imo.

glgcDdT.gif

Kesha wants to break her contract for a long time, it's not something she wants "now". If I'm not wrong she wants to stay away from him since the release of her first album.

You know what I find reallyyyyyy strange? Her mom behavior. I mean, one thing is a victim of horrid sexual abuse be quiet and react in strange ways. When talking about victim of sexual abuse I think strange reactions is the normal. But her mom knowing that her daughter is working with the man that rape her kid is beyond strange to me. The fact her mother didn't speak up or got to the police is just bizarre imo.

Hmmm... Pebe co-wrote some of Kesha's song so I think she had some kind of "contract" too?

i thought that but i could believe he could be capable of this too so who knows where this will go.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

This is going to get nasty isn't? His rep didn't make him look good. When you need to use stupid things a pop star does to defend your client and not straight up deny the accusations , something is wrong.

"Kesha spilled her guts to her shrinks in rehab about sexual and physical abuse at the hands of Dr. Luke ... so she claims.

Sources connected to Kesha's lawsuit against Luke tell TMZ ... when the singer went to rehab in January for an eating disorder, she "spontaneously" began telling doctors stories about Dr. Luke ... that he drugged her, sexually abused her and physically assaulted her. The sources say the doctors kept notes that will become evidence in her lawsuit.

The sources say Kesha's doctors advised her she needed to stay as far away from Dr. Luke as possible and one suggested she might die if she didn't heed their warning.

As for why Kesha never went to the cops, the sources claim Kesha had a Stockholm-type syndrome ... she had been with him for more than 8 years at the time, and she didn't have "free will." 

As for Dr. Luke, his rep tells TMZ, "That's preposterous. Just because someone says something to a doctor doesn't mean they weren't fabricated or part of an overall pre-planned campaign."

The rep adds, "Her statements are false. It is important to note that these are just the latest in a series of bizarre public statements and actions by Kesha and her mother over the years, including Kesha's claim her vagina is 'haunted,' her drinking her own urine on her reality show, and her mother dressing up as a penis on the television show."

Source http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/16/kesha-and-dr-luke-rehab-abuse/#ixzz3GPfVHBJX

glgcDdT.gif

Guest Dot

I wonder who's going to produce Katy's album if the guy responsible for her career is going to jail.

I really admire Ke$ha for doing this. I've always thought that se had lots of talent (singing as well as songwriting) but was always forced by her contract to be what they wanted her to be. The Harold Song (her best song hands down) truly showcases what she's capable of. There's so much vulnerability and truth in the lyrics. The deconstructed version shows that she doesn't need Dr. Luke's cheap ass production to make great music and write good songs.

Dirty Love is also really good, it's actually better than most of her songs and wasn't produced Dr. Luke.

It's always a dilemma ...

Either way she is telling the truth, then it's really a terrible thing to happen and I am sorry for her. Rape is such a horrible thing and it would be understandable that it took her some time to get over it and talk about it.

The other option is that she is lying for some reason, which would make her a major b*tch. Things like this also have happened, because rape something that terrible and people are very sensitive about this topic (with reason). However, there are women abusing it, tainting the credibility of REAL rape victims and of course ruining the life of an innocent man.

I wonder how this will turn out.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"The rep adds, "Her statements are false. It is important to note that these are just the latest in a series of bizarre public statements and actions by Kesha and her mother over the years, including Kesha's claim her vagina is 'haunted,' her drinking her own urine on her reality show, and her mother dressing up as a penis on the television show."

That's weird, because I don't remember Luke being at ALL concerned with Ke$ha's statements before - he was pretty much quiet about them all...but now that she's exposing the truth about him, he suddenly feels that they're 'bizarre'? 

Pathetic.

It is a weak attempt to try and discredit Ke$ha. He is a disgusting scumbag and I hope he suffers greatly because of this. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Not that things like this case don't happen in the entertainment business, but I struggle to believe her that it was the way she tells it. It is a known fact that Kesha desperately tries to get out of her contract and let's face it, now after a document appeared that she said under oath that she and Luke were never in a sexual relationship, it makes her version less believeable. After all, it was under oath.

Once again, there are just too many things that don't come together for me to believe her.

Not that it matters, but what I personally believe is that Luke offered her to break her while getting something back from her. Of course in a way that was not articulated this obvious. She agreed or let him take advantage, regretted it, but it was too late. If anything happend at all, it did not happen without her being unaware or forced. At least, that's what I believe.

Just like evilentitly said, this is ten years ago and they wrote songs together, went together to award shows, they were very close. If somebody did something so cruel and traumatic, this all would not  have turned out the way it did for years.