Sitar

Lana's Grammy Submissions 2014

These are NOT nominations, but the songs her label submitted for potential nomination.

West Coast - Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance
Shades of Cool - Best Music Video
Ultraviolence - Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album
Tropico - Best Music Film

:burn: Pop

It's rough, because UV has nothing to do with modern pop, but most hipster rock nerds don't consider Lana to be rock, so she doesn't really fit anywhere. I'd love it if Tropico won an award, though.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Is there some kind of definitive source for these submissions and for other artists as well?

West Coast - Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance

Shades of Cool - Best Music Video

Ultraviolence - Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album

Tropico - Best Music Film

If these are what they submitted, they make sense to me. If she were to nominated in all these categories it would be a pretty significant "win" even with no grammy win, because it would say she was a contender. If she got no nomination it would be a snub for saying the opposite. I see Best Pop *Vocal* Album and Best Music Film as most likely (i.e., if she were to only get two nominations). Pop makes sense from the vocal attribute as well as the attribute of being popular (i.e., sell, which UV did ok on relative to contenders in "alternative" type categories). 

Most of the rock competition went rock instead of alternative (and Coldplay went pop). Interscope cost Lana a possible win (and maybe even the nomination with how packed pop album is).

Never would have thought Tropico would be one of her best chances for a Grammy nod. :toofunny:

It seems as if they're trying to stop her from winning?

She'll be up against pop heavyweights that have a much larger fan base and a lot more exposure/fame than her. It's an unfair situation. UV is definitely not a pop album.

Pray for the good sis