Sitar

Lana's Grammy Submissions 2014

Could someone explain to me the différence between Record of the Year and Song of the year, please ?

Record of the Year: Awarded for quality vocal or instrumental recording tracks.

Song of the Year: Awarded for quality songs containing both lyrics and melody.

Guest Dot

These are NOT nominations, but the songs her label submitted for potential nomination.

West Coast - Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance

Okay Interscope...I think you were getting a bit ahead of yourselves. :awk:

However, I think TROPICO and SOC may have a good shot at getting nominated at least. I hope they win, but if they're running against Beyawncé they won't win shit because they all love that egocentric bitch.

I would love to see her winning best music video with the Poltergeist video tbh :oic2:

what's up with Interscope obsession with the pop category ?? What's wrong with those people?  :crai:

Lol...It seems like Interscope is trying so hard to get Lana into pop, when will they stop? She's obviously not going to be pop or at least not as successful if they continue with the same kind of floppy-ass promo they've done for the past two eras.

Guest Dot

Shades of Cool is more than deserving of a nomination, but Lana's videos never seem to get the recognition that they deserve. I doubt it will get nominated...especially since it wasn't a successful single.

Paradise was nominated as Best Pop Vocal Album last year, though and according to the Grammy's they don't judge the music by it's success (at least not all the time :katy:) but by it's quality (which is why Katy Perry has 0 Grammys).

Well, according to the Grammy's they don't judge the music by it's success (at least not all the time :katy:). They judge by quality (which is why Katy Perry has 0 Grammys) and that is pretty much why Paradise was nominatedlast year and that wasn't as successful either.

Yeah, they tend to favor quality with albums, but songs usually have to achieve a certain level of recognition as well to be nominated. I mentioned Shades of Cool's success because it wasn't even an official single and probably has less of a chance because it didn't get any kind of extra boost. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised, though. :)

Born To Die/ Ride videos weren't even submitted to the grammys, so how was she going to win?

Her past videos didn't get awards recognition because her team didn't submit it.

Look at Fadga, the sis has no chill whatsoever and submit everything.

Born To Die/ Ride videos weren't even submitted to the grammys, so how was she going to win?

Her past videos didn't get awards recognition because her team didn't submit it.

The ride video is garbage tho, so she could still get nominated with SOC.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It's rough, because UV has nothing to do with modern pop, but most hipster rock nerds don't consider Lana to be rock, so she doesn't really fit anywhere. I'd love it if Tropico won an award, though.

grammys are not that hipsters, she should still submit it in that category

Kinda surprised some of you said Tropico doesn't deserve to be nominated. I personally believe it should  :crossed:  However, Interscope really needs to get their shit together. Pop? Really hoes?  :facepalm:

Bm2AvMo.gif

:toofunny:

Not with Mariah in your avi, and with Gaga selling a Jazz album and doing good actually 

This doesn't seem so important considering that even if she will be nominated, she won't attend, and she would never perform there.

Remember what happened last year? :teehee:

This doesn't seem so important considering that even if she will be nominated, she won't attend, and she would never perform there.

Remember what happened last year? :teehee:

If she got nominated for something like Song of the year or Album of the year I'm sure she would attend.... Last year she didn't really have a chance on winning....

I AM MY ONLY GOD

yes, but i think she would have lost to LP1 on alternative 

Unfortunately, I dont think LP1 is winning alternative.

Reflektor will take it, they're Grammy darlings.

And on rock she would be competing against Jack White n The Black Keys like, no fucking way  :facepalm:

I do think she has a shot on pop, but then, Overrated Smith n Overrated Sheeran are there too  :crossed: