Divisive Princess

Hozier

NEW SONGS MIGHT BE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER!! :woot: Plus a North American tour! I hope it will be extended for us Europeans too. :D
https://twitter.com/hozier/status/1006172479222636544?s=21

Excited to announce my North American tour which will coincide with the releasing of new work. The completion of the record is approaching and I'm eager to share it. Sincere thanks to you for your continued support. Hope to see you on the road again. Tickets on sale this Friday

He wrote on his instagram that the ticket sale for the tour starts on 10 AM local time on Thursday June 14, pre-sale code: Hozier. General sale on 10 AM local time, Friday June 15.

He also re-tweeted a link for an interview which includes the lyrics of his upcoming song "Wasteland, Baby!" https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2018/06/11/618246972/just-around-the-corner-hozier-shares-details-of-his-upcoming-record?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20180611

About the sound and theme of the album:

Thematically, not that it was intentional, but it's definitely informed quite a bit by the political climate of the last 12 months, 18 months. I hope it's taken with a bit of a pinch of salt. There is definitely a kind of wry smile to the work, but it takes place with a great shadow hanging over, I suppose the end of the world kind of hanging over the album a little bit. But that is enjoyed in the best way possible. It's a hard one to describe. There's even optimism in that, and a lot of the work is very hopeful and very warm, but it still takes place in a very desperate place.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

NEW SONGS MIGHT BE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER!! :woot: Plus a North American tour! I hope it will be extended for us Europeans too. :D

https://twitter.com/hozier/status/1006172479222636544?s=21

He wrote on his instagram that the ticket sale for the tour starts on 10 AM local time on Thursday June 14, pre-sale code: Hozier. General sale on 10 AM local time, Friday June 15.

He also re-tweeted a link for an interview which includes the lyrics of his upcoming song "Wasteland, Baby!" https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2018/06/11/618246972/just-around-the-corner-hozier-shares-details-of-his-upcoming-record?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20180611

About the sound and theme of the album:

I'm glad to see that Hozier is still making music! I haven't heard much from him. Not a die hard fan, but I love his voice.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

He tweeted earlier this week that news would come soon AND WE GOT IT THIS MORNING!!! :worship: (See Lana, that’s the definition of soon)
New EP is called Nina Cried Power and will be released next week(!!), September 6th and is inspired by Nina Simone and what she stood for, according to this Rolling Stones article: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/hozier-on-how-political-insanity-nina-simones-example-fueled-his-new-music-714478/

New song titles are also mentioned in the article (and their sound is described), NFWMB; Wasteland, Baby; No Plan.

The article is great, read more news in it!

I’M SO EXCITED :excited: :excited:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

someone rip the song as soon as it comes out

I would if I knew how, but I’m also on my phone. >___<

They started with playing Take me to church.

Just announced that Nina Cried Power will be played at 7:30 and now they put on a record by Dua Lipa lol. I hope he’ll be interviewed soon.

Edit, 20 mins later: Ok, no interview before the song I guess. :noparty:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

THE DRUMS AND HIS VOICE OMGGGG :defeated: :defeated: I’ll have this on repeat forever! :poordat: Drums, powerful chorus, background singers and a smooth bass!!

^ I’m sure the EP will be up for streaming as soon as this radio show is over, its release day is today.

Mavis Staples was in his mind while writing NCP, he felt that he needed someone more on the song to make it justice.

He had “loads of ideas” for this album. The EP will have four songs, more after that(?) and the album(?) next year if I heard right.

He just shared a link to play Nina Cried Power: https://Hozier.lnk.to/NCPTW

I ALREADY LOVE THE SONG, SO EFFING POWERFUL! :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

First impression of the EP:

NFWMB: cozy guitar like Work Song... “nothing fucks with my baby” sung in the most sexy way ever, I’m weak. :defeated: Beautiful harmonies.

Nina Cried Power: He totally floored me, I was clearly NOT ready for this, omfg. I can already tell that the upcoming album is gonna sound magnificent.

Shrike: And aaahhh, it’s like we’re back in the forests of Wicklow County. :legend: Very acoustic and nice. Piano comes in after the first chorus. Interesting vocals. Did not expect it to end so abruptly though.

Moment’s Silence (Common Tongue): sounds a bit rockabilly, reminds me of the band Kaleo for some reason. Omg, I love for this. :defeated: A great love song, very catchy.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I prefer Hozier over Kaleo tho, all his songs are golden. :hooker: I hope your sis will be fine. :creep:

She will thanks but I probably won't :toofunny: Because I'm gonna listen to the EP tonight and if I like it enough I'm taking my ticket to see him in less than a month and then she's gonna murder me to death :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png