TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" in a stripped down style a la John Mayer. She gave Petty a nod in "American," and with his fairly recent passing, I think a FF cover would make a fantastic tribute to him. Lyrically, the whole song is very Lana (especially the first verse (Jesus, America, Elvis) + the mentions of places in California (Reseda, Ventura Boulevard)) and I definitely think she could do it justice.  :flutter:

giphy-1.gif 

Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" in a stripped down style a la John Mayer. She gave Petty a nod in "American," and with his fairly recent passing, I think a FF cover would make a fantastic tribute to him. The whole song is very Lana (especially the first verse (Jesus, America, Elvis) + the mentions of places in California (Reseda, Ventura Boulevard)) and I definitely think she could do it justice.  :flutter:

Ikr when I first heard it I immediately thought about lana

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" in a stripped down style a la John Mayer. She gave Petty a nod in "American," and with his fairly recent passing, I think a FF cover would make a fantastic tribute to him. Lyrically, the whole song is very Lana (especially the first verse (Jesus, America, Elvis) + the mentions of places in California (Reseda, Ventura Boulevard)) and I definitely think she could do it justice.  :flutter:

Interesting, this song came up on my Spotify a few years ago and I liked it. I never imagined Lana recordnig a cover of it, but now that you mention it... I think she'd do good too! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don’t know why but every time I hear Blue Bayou on the radio it makes me think of Lana. I’d love to hear her cover it. I especially like the Linda Ronstadt version but I’m sure I’d like Lana more lol!

For you f*lkers:

If Lana ever decided to explore a folk album, I'd be on board if it was full of songs like this. TNC's lyrics were too cheesy for my taste, so she can keep those kind of tracks. But this song's lyrics have that beautiful Lana-esque imagery:

"Starry, starry night

Paint your palette blue and grey
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul"

Also, I would die if Lana ever covered The Smiths. Lana and Morrissey's vocal ranges are pretty similar to me - they have a nice mid-range and can hit those high notes thrown in here and there - and of course, they're both sad gurls...

I'd love to hear this song's guitar and drums with Lana's vocals. It even has some #woke lyrics that remind me of C-WIMM ("But last night the plans of a future war was all I saw on Channel Four")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRDzk1o-ykA

This would be fantastic, too (skip to 1:54)

(...I just realized Lana referenced Morrissey's song "Everyday Is Like Sunday" in TNC  :hdu: I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner, probably because I never listen to TNC :glasses: )

giphy-1.gif