Guest Maru the Cat

What Upcoming Releases Are You Looking Forward To?

I'm Not Alright by Sky Ferreira, Beg, Borrow and Steal by Neon Hitch and Charli XCX's debut album. I think that's about it.

The one I want most is Sky's though, I can't believe I have been waiting for it for nearly three years now and that it has been delayed four times. Such a pity because I know it will be awesome when released.

At least we know for sure we're getting it this year. Who knows about Neon Hitch though lol

BzhmW.png

At least we know for sure we're getting it this year. Who knows about Neon Hitch though lol

Neon Hitch has been on the "brink" of finally breaking through since 2007, and I'm seriously getting FED UP of the wait. I mean, come on!!!! How many record deals does she have to go through before she finally makes some music she's willing to release?!!! The few songs we have are really good, but the fact that we've been waiting 5+ years for an album that isn't materializing has definitely turned off many potential fans. 

At least we're FINALLY getting an EP this month. So freakin' random! No promo, of course, but "Gold" just got to the top of some Dance-related Billboard chart, so maybe she'll chart with it. 

I do feel that we're getting Sky's album this year but honestly and unfortunately, that means nothing. We had concrete release dates for her debut album in 2010 and 2011, and they were post-poned twice, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm Not Alright was delayed again. I try not to get my hopes up about it whatsoever.

Neon Hitch has been on the "brink" of finally breaking through since 2007, and I'm seriously getting FED UP of the wait. I mean, come on!!!! How many record deals does she have to go through before she finally makes some music she's willing to release?!!! The few songs we have are really good, but the fact that we've been waiting 5+ years for an album that isn't materializing has definitely turned off many potential fans. 

At least we're FINALLY getting an EP this month. So freakin' random! No promo, of course, but "Gold" just got to the top of some Dance-related Billboard chart, so maybe she'll chart with it. 

Apparently the EP will be a free download, so I don't think it's going to chart or anything. I just wish she could come up with an album so we could stop having those stupid separate singles, we have an EP worth of singles already.

I'm happy Sky's debut has been postponed so much because her current style is the best :smokes:

I am "happy" that it was postponed so much because I know that she is more satisfied with this record. Out of all the songs she has put out in the past, the one she is really proud of is "One" (no pun intended).

Most of the songs that would be put out back in 2011 if one of the versions of the debut album was released would mean absolutely nothing to her, since she was forced to write.

I am "happy" that it was postponed so much because I know that she is more satisfied with this record. Out of all the songs she has put out in the past, the one she is really proud of is "One" (no pun intended).

Most of the songs that would be put out back in 2011 if one of the versions of the debut album was released would mean absolutely nothing to her, since she was forced to write.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone (or any fan) have any idea what the tracklisting for that album eould have been? I know there is that fake one circulating, with "Cherry Bomb," "Cobra," "On the Wire," "First Base," and more songs from that timeframe, but how much does anyone really know about the material she produced? O _ O

Just out of curiosity, does anyone (or any fan) have any idea what the tracklisting for that album eould have been? I know there is that fake one circulating, with "Cherry Bomb," "Cobra," "On the Wire," "First Base," and more songs from that timeframe, but how much does anyone really know about the material she produced? O _ O

Yes, there is the fake track listing out there, but people only though that it was real because it turned out that some tracks on it existed in fact (like "108," which'd later get released). There's a supposition that Sky has had five different versions of her debut album, which would probably had been called Cry Baby.

I know the first version of it would include teen-pop songs like "Shiny Toy" and "Whatcha Gonna Do," and some other versions would include more adult songs, specially the ones produced by Dallas Austin ("Too Many Boys") and Bloodshy & Avant. All the versions would include "One," though.

and Bloodshy & Avant.

She worked with them?! I've always been slightly inclined to look for her music but too lazy to do it. This might push me in that direction though. What songs should I listen to first? 

14417469274.gif

She worked with them?! I've always been slightly inclined to look for her music but too lazy to do it. This might push me in that direction though. What songs should I listen to first? 

Yeah, she did! They're perfect producers and I think their work with Sky might include some of the best songs I have ever listened to.

You should listen to "108," "Haters Anonymous," "Elevator" and "Everything Is Embarrassing" (even though the latter two were not produced by them).

I don't know why Sky likes One so much, it's my least favorite song by here

It's gorgeous in its own way. It's very unique, and though I myself used to hate it, it's one of my all-time Sky faves now. :cuteface:

She's said "One" talks about rehab clinics and things like this. I don't know, maybe she's just proud of the lyrics and what the song turned out to be. In my opinion, it's one of her stand-out songs and people might always remember it when mentioning Sky, maybe more than "Everything Is Embarrassing."

I'd be here for a remake of One with less autotune :smokes3: Like maybe just in the "I'm not a robot" parts.

Why aren't we doing this in the Sky thread...?

M.I.A. - Matangi  :defeated:

I'm waiting now for 2 years for new music and its so fucking frustrating that the album got delayed.

She will release it on 15 April (the day I will see Lana) . I am not ready .

I am also super excited for the debut albums of The Neighbourhood , Azealia Banks and Iggy Azalea.