Sign in to follow this  
FLA to the Moon

Silver VIP concerns

Now that the presale has been over and the general sale will be less hectic, I have been having this new worry since honestly all of us would still like to meet Lana Del Rey (all of us that haven't met her yet anyway.)

Finally my first chance (in the 3 years I've loved her music) to see Lana Del Rey in my hometown came on Thursday. Like many of us, I wanted to get the silver VIP package since this is the only package that guarantees early entry into the pit. Unfortunately I accidentally refreshed the livenation presale page at 10:01 on Thursday. Also I attempted to purchase 2 VIP packages at once instead of buying one at a time (my Dad wants to see/meet Lana too.) I settled for regular GA pit tickets after going onto another page and looking for best available. There's no doubt all the packages will sell out and the shows as well if the regular tickets are that cheap.

•Has anyone here ever entered a concert early?

•How many hours did you wait before your concert?

•How many hours earlier did you get to enter before your concert started? (For any artist)

•If my venue's pit holds 500-1000 people, does anyone have any idea how many people can fit into the first row? OR how many VIP packages have been sold by live nation?

•With the amount of seats for these new shows, and the addition of the more hardcore grungy controversial Courtney Love for these shows, do you think that those that bought silver VIP packages will be older fans/ less aggressive/ more dedicated Lana fans? OR do you think that there will be more stereotypical rich girl flower crown wearing Tumblr girls with the VIP packages?

•And finally, to everyone with the package (MANY here on lanaboards), I am assuming you will all be holding the hell onto that barricade, unless you get drinks/merch/ go to the bathroom beforehand on the venue?

I'm asking all these questions because in my personal opinion, (call me entitled or not,) despite the chaos of the last tour shows, I find it a bit unfair that this is the only VIP package that guarantees early entry. But more so, the people who are able to pay more regardless of their love for Lana, are much more likely to meet Lana & Courtney if they interact with front rows, then people who would otherwise wait all day and hope for the best (which is what I will be doing anyways.) Then again, perhaps I'm just coming off jealous of all of the Lana fans who got these particular tickets.

*let's make a topic on possible set lists for the Lana and Courtney shows too!*

•Has anyone here ever entered a concert early?

Yes.

•How many hours did you wait before your concert?

2-3 hours

•How many hours earlier did you get to enter before your concert started? (For any artist) one hour before doors open but varis depending on artist and company (Live Nation)

•If my venue's pit holds 500-1000 people, does anyone have any idea how many people can fit into the first row?

Depends on size of the stage

OR how many VIP packages have been sold by live nation?

Almost no way to know this for sure

•With the amount of seats for these new shows, and the addition of the more hardcore grungy controversial Courtney Love for these shows, do you think that those that bought silver VIP packages will be older fans/ less aggressive/ more dedicated Lana fans? OR do you think that there will be more stereotypical rich girl flower crown wearing Tumblr girls with the VIP packages?

I think its presumptious and sad that any one of us think we are entitled to label a fan "more dedicated" or "stereotypical rich girl flower wearing Tumblr girls." A fan is a fan and if you got a ticket, you should be able to enjoy it like everyone else.

•And finally, to everyone with the package (MANY here on lanaboards), I am assuming you will all be holding the hell onto that barricade, unless you get drinks/merch/ go to the bathroom beforehand on the venue?

Of course. I have seen Lana three times, two times in the front row, got to meet her, hug and a kiss, autograph, etc. For both shows, I got there before 8am and waitd in line all day. Anyone who did that is gonna hold their ground to keep their spot.

I'm asking all these questions because in my personal opinion, (call me entitled or not,) despite the chaos of the last tour shows, I find it a bit unfair that this is the only VIP package that guarantees early entry. (NOTE: all VIP packages offered early entry however the other packages were seats.)

But more so, the people who are able to pay more regardless of their love for Lana, are much more likely to meet Lana & Courtney if they interact with front rows, then people who would otherwise wait all day and hope for the best (which is what I will be doing anyways.)

NOTE: There is no guarantee she will come down and greet the front row again. This is a bigger tour and more managed. It very well might be that she doesn't do it anymore at the request of her management. Just a thought.

Last show i got there at 8:30, just made the front. Doors opened at 7 and they brought us to a room but we didn't get into the stage till 7:30. i was 30th in line.

For this tour I did buy the VIP package. I think only more dedicated fans are doing so. 

Last show i got there at 8:30, just made the front. Doors opened at 7 and they brought us to a room but we didn't get into the stage till 7:30. i was 30th in line.

For this tour I did buy the VIP package. I think only more dedicated fans are doing so.

It's a lot of money for many people so you have to REALLY want to be there to drop it.

I think only dedicated fans are buying the VIP package. In general, I find that people either don't care about Lana or they are really really into her.

Within those that do buy the VIP packages (myself included) I don't think that shelling out money means less dedication than those that wait in line for 10hours. Time is money. I can work X amount of hours to make enough to buy the VIP ticket or I can wait X amount of hours on the asphalt. I chose to work in the comfort of my office, but I'm still going to arrive early to get a better advantage to the front row.

Damn right I'm never letting go of that barricade! I'm hitting the gym and pumping iron the next six months in preparation!

Bury me to Bel Air.

I think only dedicated fans are buying the VIP package. In general, I find that people either don't care about Lana or they are really really into her.

Within those that do buy the VIP packages (myself included) I don't think that shelling out money means less dedication than those that wait in line for 10hours. Time is money. I can work X amount of hours to make enough to buy the VIP ticket or I can wait X amount of hours on the asphalt. I chose to work in the comfort of my office, but I'm still going to arrive early to get a better advantage to the front row.

Damn right I'm never letting go of that barricade! I'm hitting the gym and pumping iron the next six months in preparation!

do you know anyone else with silver vip going to the toronto show? Because I just know you

I'm gonna handcuff myself to that barricade. I'm gonna wear a diaper if I have to, but there's no way people will push me away from that spot.

Yes, I'm exaggerating... Anyway, security is just a few feet away and I won't hesitate to use it if necessary.

-

I suggest that you call your venue to get more info regarding the configuration. That's what I did. When I first read on ticketmaster that the silver package would allow people to get access to the pit before everybody else, I though "what pit?". The venue is a hockey arena and there's no area on the floor that looks like a pit (orchestra pit), so I called them and they told me if it says it gives you access to the pit, it means they will create a temporary one for that concert. A couple of days later, the packages were more detailed for each venues (I guess) and it said:

One GA floor ticket to the show!*

Early entrance into the venue before general doors

Junk made in China

etc.

*This is a general admission standing ticket.

Funny thing is that the Gold package is not as nice imo, but it's more expensive. It allows you to get the best seated tickets, but they are still a bit far, that's probably why it's not sold out yet.

Another funny thing is that GA floor tickets for U2 are only 79$ vs $120 for Lana. U2 most expensive tickets are $300 and it's probably those first row seats on the side that would be premium choice for that crowd which I figure is older and likes its comfort.

For Lana, the silver package should have been at the price of the gold package since the silver is already sold out. Their mistake!

I only know you and my bro, we'll have to make friends in line. Did your friend get a GA ticket?

no one i know got tickets. But they're not hardcore fans.

For Lana, the silver package should have been at the price of the gold package since the silver is already sold out. Their mistake!

i think they just sold out of GA. So once GA sells out you can't get a silver package

i think they just sold out of GA. So once GA sells out you can't get a silver package

Omg I just checked the promoter and there are plenty of tickets left lol! Some still available for GA :)

https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventShopperV3.html?lang=en&preFill=1&skin=evenko&wr=01a0af4d-fdff-47e3-8bc6-a328ad72f876

For concerts, that venue can hold 13 000 people. The show was sold out in 1.5h last time. Damn...

Edit: Plenty of tickets left in many cities actually.

@@buster

I went onto Google Maps and my venue close up, and my venue's pit is pretty big. I estimate that it can hold about 80 people shoulder to shoulder for up to 20 or 30 human rows. I will definitely call my concert's venue for more specifics.

Nonetheless, I am going to have unnecessary anxiety knowing that the fans who were able to get this package will have the freedom of guaranteed absolute close ups of Lana/Courtney AND POSSIBLY that infamous meet & greet time with Lana during the show.

Are you shading me? Because to be honest, I am merely repeating the opinion of what other users say about people at her shows. A fan is indeed a fan and I personally find the whole concept of entitlement wrong. But at the same time, I'm not sure if the management organized this in the most ideal way. I'm not on this website just to be holier-than-thou to fans who may seem to appear that way. The pit is sold out at my show, by the way.

The main regret I have is simply not being able to see Lana when she was less world-famous. Because of my age (which may make me come across as "entitled",)personal situations, or because of my parents not letting me travel to Hollywood, I have failed to get tickets for EIGHT Lana shows already since June 2012. I am very happy for all the fans who have had the opportunity to meet Lana once or multiple times, and give her fan gifts and take selfies and all of that. Not having this privilege to secure a close enough spot with certainty makes me and will continue to make me feel like such shit if I'm unable to express my thanks for her if . My Dad and I have been saving up money since June 2012 for this opportunity, and I will of course enjoy the show when the night finally comes. But I am really being hard on myself for being kinda outta luck during the presale.  

Anyone figure out how many Silver VIP passes were released per show ?

I'm curious as to the % of the GA Pit is going to be Silver. I estimate not a lot.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I understand it's your first Lana show but  :eek:

take a Xanax with some white Zin

The crowds are ridiculous. I expect it to be crazier at a large concert, however the whole thing isn't GA this time so who knows what will change. She might not even come down as per security's request because that's a lot of people to fight off. If she did you'd have like 3 secs with her to take a pic and not even talk to her. Honestly just wait until the tour kicks off in over 5 months and we have accounts from people who went because as of right now you're as clueless as we are. 

BzhmW.png

@@buster

I went onto Google Maps and my venue close up, and my venue's pit is pretty big. I estimate that it can hold about 80 people shoulder to shoulder for up to 20 or 30 human rows. I will definitely call my concert's venue for more specifics.

Nonetheless, I am going to have unnecessary anxiety knowing that the fans who were able to get this package will have the freedom of guaranteed absolute close ups of Lana/Courtney AND POSSIBLY that infamous meet & greet time with Lana during the show.

Are you shading me? Because to be honest, I am merely repeating the opinion of what other users say about people at her shows. A fan is indeed a fan and I personally find the whole concept of entitlement wrong. But at the same time, I'm not sure if the management organized this in the most ideal way. I'm not on this website just to be holier-than-thou to fans who may seem to appear that way. The pit is sold out at my show, by the way.

The main regret I have is simply not being able to see Lana when she was less world-famous. Because of my age (which may make me come across as "entitled",)personal situations, or because of my parents not letting me travel to Hollywood, I have failed to get tickets for EIGHT Lana shows already since June 2012. I am very happy for all the fans who have had the opportunity to meet Lana once or multiple times, and give her fan gifts and take selfies and all of that. Not having this privilege to secure a close enough spot with certainty makes me and will continue to make me feel like such shit if I'm unable to express my thanks for her if . My Dad and I have been saving up money since June 2012 for this opportunity, and I will of course enjoy the show when the night finally comes. But I am really being hard on myself for being kinda outta luck during the presale.  

@WestCoastLanatic I am absolutely not shading you. Sorry if it came across that way. I did say it was presumptuous and sad that any one of us label fans one way or another so I was including myself. It is a general statement about anyone and about any fan of any artist. Anytime we think we are superior to other fans because they started to like Lana after she got popular or only know her singles or still dress in flower crowns like she used to - anytime we do this, we disconnect from the real purpose of being a fan - THE MUSIC. For me, I tell myself "Who cares that they started liking Lana when she got popular - at least her fan base is growing. Who cares girls still wear flower crowns or only know her singles? At least they are honoring her in their way. I try to care less about other people and their relationship to Lana and try to focus on why I love her so much. 

I feel your pain. I know what it is like to miss out on the tickets I really wanted for a show. I have been there too many times and it sucks!!! I feel you. The good news is that you are going to see LANA! The other good news is that you have a dad who will take you to show and help save money for it. That is one cool dad!!!

I understand it's your first Lana show but  :eek:

take a Xanax with some white Zin

The crowds are ridiculous. I expect it to be crazier at a large concert, however the whole thing isn't GA this time so who knows what will change. She might not even come down as per security's request because that's a lot of people to fight off. If she did you'd have like 3 secs with her to take a pic and not even talk to her. Honestly just wait until the tour kicks off in over 5 months and we have accounts from people who went because as of right now you're as clueless as we are. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this, even if people don't wanna hear it. I was front row at her Seattle show this past May, and it was utter chaos. If you're of a small stature, you're basically screwed in the pit. Sorry, but it's the truth. I had the upper hand because I'm a 6'2" 200lb male, but I felt horrible for the people that didn't have the barricade to hold onto, because they were getting thrown around like rag dolls. Even being against the barricade was a workout.

My main criticism of her show really was that the crowd's energy was not conducive to the music whatsoever— I felt like I experienced the madness of a Lady Gaga arena show set to Lana Del Rey's sombre crooning. Her popularity has handed her an audience of rabid, hormonal teenage girls in flower crowns who will stop at nothing to see her, and the result is that the crowds overall are nuts and don't have the greatest sense of community— I felt surrounded by thousands of Regina Georges.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, even if people don't wanna hear it. I was front row at her Seattle show this past May, and it was utter chaos. If you're of a small stature, you're basically screwed in the pit. Sorry, but it's the truth. I had the upper hand because I'm a 6'2" 200lb male, but I felt horrible for the people that didn't have the barricade to hold onto, because they were getting thrown around like rag dolls. Even being against the barricade was a workout.

My main criticism of her show really was that the crowd's energy was not conducive to the music whatsoever— I felt like I experienced the madness of a Lady Gaga arena show set to Lana Del Rey's sombre crooning. Her popularity has handed her an audience of rabid, hormonal teenage girls in flower crowns who will stop at nothing to see her, and the result is that the crowds overall are nuts and don't have the greatest sense of community— I felt surrounded by thousands of Regina Georges.

Well no, it depends where you are. I'm 5'1 and I was fine in the pit. I got pushed a bit but it was fine. I saw most of the pushing go towards the center of the stage so that could be it, but when she came to my side of the stage people started pushing me but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

The crowds are ridiculous. I expect it to be crazier at a large concert, however the whole thing isn't GA this time so who knows what will change.

I actually think the opposite. I think there were will be more crowd control because the pit is a small area. It is easier to manager and watch closely. The security at The Woodlands venue for the Houston show will get you out of the pit so fast if you are pushing. I saw No Doubt and NIN there and trust me - smaller GA areas in larger venues will have more crowd control. The places she was playing before were smaller. But the bottomline is every place is different. 

I actually think the opposite. I think there were will be more crowd control because the pit is a small area. It is easier to manager and watch closely. The security at The Woodlands venue for the Houston show will get you out of the pit so fast if you are pushing. I saw No Doubt and NIN there and trust me - smaller GA areas in larger venues will have more crowd control. The places she was playing before were smaller. But the bottomline is every place is different. 

I think these shows will definitely be better and less violent. As you said, the pit will be smaller (usually) and security will be able to manage the pit much better so hopefully it's not a rag doll situation like it was at many shows last tour (I experienced that and it was terrible). I am certain these will be more relaxed.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Then that's probably why my show was so tame. There was like 250-500 people in the pit. The venue was very organized as well.