Sign in to follow this  
buster

Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion - May 9th, 2015 [POSTPONED]

none yet, and I am so scared its gonna be cancelled. anyone know what the Gexa policy is with weather?

I think its up to Liva Nation and the artist. I just got an email from Live Nation asking not to arrive before 5pm because of the weather.

For silver VIP people arriving before venue parking is available, where are you parking? I contacted the venue for the Charlotte, NC show and they say no camping and I have to wait until the parking lots open around 5:30PM. I am arriving at 4am no matter what, but I'm kind of nervous about leaving my car in some random spot.

Seriously I feel so bad for all the fans that went to this show. 

Do you think Courtney will play at the postponed show? Gosh, feel so bad for everyone to line up again. Hopefully all those silver VIP can hold on to their wristband so they don't have to line up again. 

Bury me to Bel Air.

She canceled after Courtney Love played, I'm beyond disappointed. It was not raining , nor was it lighting . It's one hour and 45 minutes later and not a drop of rain has talked nor lightning has struck, I don't understand this cancellation

I'm disappointed for the fans in Dallas. I don't think that she had any say in the cancellation and weather can change in a dime but I would expected a reaction form her on twitter or Facebook. Some fan account twitted that she cussed (their wording)  the venue for the cancellation but I think that it would be nice if she explaines the situation to the fans directly through her social accounts. I hope that she understands that she owns everything she achieved to her fans

Lana posted a video on Instagram of what looked like her in a flight and this:

Ladies and gentlemen I'm sorry that we weren't allowed to get on stage tonight. And I'm sorry that I wasn't granted my request to at least tell you that in person.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Disappointing as it is, when there are tornadoes in the area, they have to have a 3 or 4 hour lead time to cancel an event, clear the people out of the open air place, get the cars out of the lot,

and more important- have time for the people to get home and to safety.  No one wants to be outside when a tornado hits.

So even though there was no immediate danger, one doesn't know, and its the call listening to the experts.

It's like swimming in the summer and there is thunder miles away, they kick you out of the water, even though no one is in immediate danger, nor does it mean that the storm will be

right where the water is.

Had there been a tornado and the show went on, I doubt anybody here would have wanted people killed.or hurt. The reason for a weather alert system is to get word out early to evacuate

(even if 9 out of 10 times it might not directly go overhead).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Disappointing as it is, when there are tornadoes in the area, they have to have a 3 or 4 hour lead time to cancel an event, clear the people out of the open air place, get the cars out of the lot,

and more important- have time for the people to get home and to safety.  No one wants to be outside when a tornado hits.

So even though there was no immediate danger, one doesn't know, and its the call listening to the experts.

It's like swimming in the summer and there is thunder miles away, they kick you out of the water, even though no one is in immediate danger, nor does it mean that the storm will be

right where the water is.

Had there been a tornado and the show went on, I doubt anybody here would have wanted people killed.or hurt. The reason for a weather alert system is to get word out early to evacuate

(even if 9 out of 10 times it might not directly go overhead).

The most reasonable response to this event I have read so far. THANK YOU! People have been so awful in their comments to Lana, Live Nation, and the venue. I stopped reading all of the comments since it was pointless to read further. And aside from tornadoes, lightening was another threat that evening. I was one of the people who waited in line since 5am that day for that show. I know there were people there who camped out the night before and I feel for them. I myself was in line and at the event for 16+ hours so I know the pain we went through. Still, there is no one to blame - it happens. The good news is that the show is not canceled - it's postponed and Ticketmaster has the "TBA" listing for the new show already. 

what number in line were you? And what spot did you get in the pit?

In Houston, I was 13th in line for SIlver and I was front row center/left [her right]. She came down and hugged me and signed my vinyl. In Dallas, I was front row center/right as well but I was 22nd in line. The pit & stage in Dallas was much bigger.