buster

The Endless Summer Tour 2015

Well, to be honest with you, her fanbase in Europe ain't that big anymore. She played for 8,9 or 10k attendence when she was in Germany. After UV underperformed here, I doubt that she could play 4-5 shows here with the same number of people going.

Oh wow, I didn't realize her popularity had declined over there. I know she had a pretty big following in London, too... I wonder if that has decreased similarly.

Sponsorship it's not irrelevant because the complexity and the length of the show it's about money among other factors. Artists like Gaga, Taylor and Perry can put up a huge shows with a lot of people involved and in the same time they can keep the ticket prices reasonable. Lana is loved by many but she's not sufficiently mainstream to attract those sponsors for her shows.

I criticized her for many things but the ES tour is good taking in account what I said before. But Lana has a different kind of artistry, her music isn't suited for dancers and costume changes, and if you are a fan you would understand that. If you are a casual concert goer I agree that you can be disappointed because of your unrealistic expectations from her show.

I didn't say to worship her or not to express your opinion here, I said only to not go to her shows if you don't like it because I doubt that Lana will change her shows significantly. That's her, if you like it take it, if not leave it.

I think you're missing the point about sponsors: no one saying she should have giant sets or costume changes (the sorts of things sponsors help provide for).  The only point of comparing her to Gaga/Katy/etc. was the show length, which has nothing to do with sponsorship.  The lack of sponsorship is not what prevents Lana from doing an 18 or 20 song show --  that's why someone like Lorde, who isn't playing 20,000 seat venues, can do one just fine.

And I disagree with what you say about casual concert-goers -- they usually don't care how long the show is, because they just want to hear Summertime Sadness and Video Games.  But plenty of real Lana fans are very bummed about it, because they want to get a full performance out of their favorite artist.

Lorde is a publicity hound. She loves being in the spotlight

Yet she only had one album where all during the run-up to it, she name dropped Lana a million and one times then after she made it, seemed never to mention her again

(used her then tossed her out like most people in Lana's life), Lorde just fired her management and is dating one person after another in the public eye ala Taylor Swift.

The comparison is what??? No one will remember Lorde a few years from now. So she is using her Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame as long as possible.

When she sings a song about Royals and then has a hit, much like the Clash found, whining about not having becomes hard to do when the public knows they know have. That is the problem

Lorde has. Also, she is not unique so there is nothing overly special about her. She acts like she is a younger Lindsay Lohan.

Leave them wanting more, the most successful entertainment slogan ever.

as for the comment on Stevie Nicks- money is relative to someone like Stevie Nicks or Elton John when one lives expensive one needs more money than the average person.

They say Elton spends $50 grand a month on flowers. More than most people make in a year. His prerogative to do so, So in his older age he is still touring all the time in arenas

and will do so even when cutting back, and he has hundreds of songs he wrote that royalties come in.

Mike Nesmith of the Monkees always refused to do a long time reunion with the others because he was rich off his mother's invention of wite-out. Mom died, times changed, no one needs

wite-out anymore and after Davy Jones died, Mike immediately re-upped with the Monkees and now does autograph signings to rake in the bucks. Where was Mike when Davy was alive, and Mickey and Peter could have used the big money for a real reunion? (Nothing wrong with money, but it's all relative to the individual.) imho

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lorde is a publicity hound. She loves being in the spotlight

Yet she only had one album where all during the run-up to it, she name dropped Lana a million and one times then after she made it, seemed never to mention her again

(used her then tossed her out like most people in Lana's life), Lorde just fired her management and is dating one person after another in the public eye ala Taylor Swift.

The comparison is what??? No one will remember Lorde a few years from now. So she is using her Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame as long as possible.

When she sings a song about Royals and then has a hit, much like the Clash found, whining about not having becomes hard to do when the public knows they know have. That is the problem

Lorde has. Also, she is not unique so there is nothing overly special about her. She acts like she is a younger Lindsay Lohan.

What?  None of that is remotely relevant to the actual conversation we're having.  We're only talking about the set lengths, and about how it's sad that someone with one album is performing longer sets than an established artist with four albums and 200 unreleased songs.  (In fact, the more specific conversation was about sponsorship's relation to set length, and how someone much less popular than Lana is still managing to put on longer shows.)   No one was defending or promoting Lorde as a general artist, or implying that she was special at all.

This is somewhat random but-

Lana  should sing "Ode To Billie Joe" tonight in her show.

Being that today is after all The third of June.

If ever there was a song that would fit her perfectly this one is it (from 1967)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Does anyone know when Grimes gets on stage?

I think it changes night to night -- not including, of course, the usual delays that happen at any concert and make things unpredictable. 

I think it changes night to night -- not including, of course, the usual delays that happen at any concert and make things unpredictable. 

well they'd have to get her stuff on stage, off stage for lana and build up hype for sure but I was looking for a general time.

Live Forever Golden Grill.

Honestly I wish she wouldn't START the tour with 16 songs then trim it down to 13-14 a few shows later, that kinda just gives everyone false hope. If she planned on trimming it down why didn't she just perform the normal 13-14 at Woodlands?

I think you should know she will not do a 2hour set when you go to a Lana concert HOWEVER I think 13 songs are really not that much and they are not THAT long. They are longer than the average 3:40 songs but still ... I think at least 15 or 16 tracks would be appropriate, some people really paid alot for the show.

If she's sooo anxious she wouldn't cgo and entertain the first row with selfies, let these hysterical teens screen at her and listen to their crystories for like 15 minutes of the performance. Everyone payed to be there and if she has enough guts to do these things, she should definitly perform a few more songs.

People expecting her to put on the show of an entertainer are dumb, she's a singe rand her songs don'r require dancing choreos and costume changes. But still, a little bit more effort would be cool.

See? She started the show playing 15-16 songs then quickly cut it down. Some people payed 300+ for a 65-70 minute show lol. I know her last tour usually had 14 (with the exception of festivals which were 10-12) but she STARTED the tour with a solid 16, as it should've stayed

See? She started the show playing 15-16 songs then quickly cut it down. Some people payed 300+ for a 65-70 minute show lol. I know her last tour usually had 14 (with the exception of festivals which were 10-12) but she STARTED the tour with a solid 16, as it should've stayed

watch out, you're about to get flamed...

I just don't understand why she started with 16 when she probably knew she'd 2-3 songs.

I completely agree with you -- but a lot of people apparently got their feelings hurt when I said she should do longer shows earlier in the thread..

I completely agree with you -- but a lot of people apparently got their feelings hurt when I said she should do longer shows earlier in the thread..

Well she should! It's complete bs to try to save and scrape money for a ticket to a barely 70 minute show. If she's gonna cut 3 songs out the ticket prices should be reduced. Point. Blank. Period. I love Lana but 13 is way too short for a headliner.

There have been some really nice vids on youtube for this tour so far..only thing has been the sound qaulity of whatever people

are using to record shows in hi def, not really the greatest. Sure would be nice if we could see a 'pro' recorded version of the entire show.

Tours is wrapping up soon! wow, now we can all look forward to the album release!Have a

good weekend everyone. :)

Although I shouldn't bother and they say don't feed the trolls-

to the Debbie Downer Negativity person that came here looking to put lana down with one negative post after another-

If she only started with 13 instead of 15 or 16 at first show (and also in Canada), which two or three songs that she has done on all the other shows would you have cut?

Five songs from her brand new album were done (from Ultraviolence)

Chelsea was done

Serial Killer was done

So instead of the 13 being sung at some shows , which songs would you have cut?
Would you cut Video Games, Cola, Off to the Races, Summertime Sadness, Born to die?

As all the tickets to all the shows were on sale long before the first concert, it's bullshit that someone says they only purchased their seats to see 15 songs or 16 songs and not 13

The tickets were cheaper than many other acts to start off with, and she was contracted for 75 minutes not more than two hours.

If she played 100 songs, the Debbie Downers would want her to play 102 songs. Such crap. Such bullshit.

And anyhow, where on the tickets does it say how many songs one will sing?

Maybe we should toss you a pity party

Although I shouldn't bother and they say don't feed the trolls-

to the Debbie Downer Negativity person that came here looking to put lana down with one negative post after another-

If she only started with 13 instead of 15 or 16 at first show (and also in Canada), which two or three songs that she has done on all the other shows would you have cut?

Five songs from her brand new album were done (from Ultraviolence)

Chelsea was done

Serial Killer was done

So instead of the 13 being sung at some shows , which songs would you have cut?

Would you cut Video Games, Cola, Off to the Races, Summertime Sadness, Born to die?

As all the tickets to all the shows were on sale long before the first concert, it's bullshit that someone says they only purchased their seats to see 15 songs or 16 songs and not 13

The tickets were cheaper than many other acts to start off with, and she was contracted for 75 minutes not more than two hours.

If she played 100 songs, the Debbie Downers would want her to play 102 songs. Such crap. Such bullshit.

And anyhow, where on the tickets does it say how many songs one will sing?

Maybe we should toss you a pity party

stop posting, honestly.

pls stan for gaga only. thx

Y'all need to get profile pictures because it looks like someone having conversation with themselves when there actually 3-4 people talking :rip:

She cut out Do Right, YCBTB, and UAW. I'd have loved to hear the cover, neutral on YCBTB, and don't really care for UAW tbh. I'd like the longer show but I'm just glad the setlist has changed some from last year and we finally have an unreleased track out there, which I feel like opens the gates for others in the future. I wish she'd add Old Money and FMUTTT back on though. Also I really just can't imagine she won't perform some HM song or another (though it's not promising right now) so that would add to the setlist too if she does.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.