Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Grazia Magazine

The UV era, to this point, doesn't seem under-done or unfulfilled, or even forgotten to me. I mean, the album recently got a boost on Billboard 200, probably from Big Eyes, where it charts at 78 (BTD at 103). The three UV videos made original statements relative to music videos in general and relative to her own past work. Finally, a UV-dominant tour still seems likely. 

Still...

"I’m afraid this album will be forgotten. I’m always afraid good things will be forgotten, burried. Musically, I’m still looking for something different, with majestic choruses, beautiful orchestrations, a type of 50s vibe with a bit of soft grunge."

This would have been a great place to bring up AKA Lizzy Grant, May Jailer, and other unreleased. She does have a tendency to forget about good things, imo. 

But is funny that we've been calling her a lazy and she was actually working on new songs for all this time. 

Same. I must admit I have dragged Lana on Twitter one or two times calling her lazy for not doing "anything" since june  :teehee:  :toofunny:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I really liked this article (now that it's been properly translated) and it further confirmed for me that Lana has never really wanted fame.  I can see her ending up like Kate Bush or something.

If there is a God somewhere out there, please no.

tumblr_nhob70oPxS1ry2uopo1_1280.png

If there is a God somewhere out there, please no.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing, I mean when Kate does release music it's always good. 

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I think Lana has definitely become disenchanted with fame after seeing its dark side, but you'd have to be fooling yourself to think she didn't initially want it. Homegirl was obsessed with pop culture and celebria before making it big.

I think Lana has definitely become disenchanted with fame after seeing its dark side, but you'd have to be fooling yourself to think she didn't initially want it. Homegirl was obsessed with pop culture and celebria before making it big.

exactly. of course lana wanted to be famous! i mean, have you listened to her songs? lana just didn't expect getting negative press/backlash. she wanted to be adored.

i wanna be the whole world's girl, gramma. . .

let me be who i'm meant to be

I like his idea, the fact that truth should never impede to a beautiful lie… (she smiles)

Well that explains a lot of her discography :illumilana:

(I totally agree with her btw)

Just skimmed through the article... it's not very interesting to me. Glad that we might get new record soon, but I'm very meh about the jazz sound. It's one of my least favourite genres...I like The Other Woman, so I guess not all hope is lost?

The photos are okay -  not iconic, but not the Maxim crap either.

i am nothing and should be everything

^ same

tbh is the setlist ben mawson's fault because if homegirl is over the setlist she's been repping for like 3 years then u'd have thought she'd CHANGE IT UP tbh

(wow i began and ended a sentence with tbh; i need an intervention don't i)

rihKQ8M.gif

Are you a control freak?

No, not really… OK, I totally am! (she laughs) When I have a sound or a mood in mind, even for a very simple song, sometimes I have to fight to get precisely what I wanted. But I try to chill. Otherwise I’d be doing the same things over and over again… And that’s not what I like in music.

Do you think you’re impinged by your perfectionism sometimes?

All the time. When I tour, for example… It’s painful for me to sing the same songs every night.

lmao honestly... she knows that being in her comfort zone is not good, yet she is not willing to get out of it. and she says she doesn't want to sing the same songs all the time but she keeps singing BTD songs??