paradise27390

Kate Bush

tumblr_m8ybycVEj61qkrirro1_400.gif

I want us all to come together in this thread for our love of Bush!... Kate Bush, that is! Here we can discuss her career, successful highs, critical lows, her immaculate discography, post favourite photos/gifs and performances, discuss what's in the works for the future and just the all round grandiosely fabulousness of Ms Bush, her ethereal, passionate, original, electrifying music,that has always been so much more than that word can denote!

So firstly... when did you first notice this extraordinary woman? Was she always a presence growing up or did you discover her at a later age?

Or do you not have a clue who i'm jabbering on about?!

tumblr_mdpkykIzq61r0pgjfo6_250.gif

If that be the case... shame on you...

But let's all share the love!!

My first introduction to Kate Bush was in 2003 and the first season of (Finnish) Idols (lol..). A contestant sang Wuthering Heights and I fell in love with the song, ran out and bought my first Kate Bush album. Love ever since.

To be away from all, to be one of everything

My first introduction to Kate Bush was in 2003 and the first season of (Finnish) Idols (lol..). A contestant sang Wuthering Heights and I fell in love with the song, ran out and bought my first Kate Bush album. Love ever since.

Finally, something about Kate Bush!

tumblr_meg94kITmi1qbm479o1_500.gif

Which album did you run and buy?

Which album did you run and buy?

I went to the record store just wanting an album with Wuthering Heights on it, so I got The Whole Story. I'd listen to that one song over and over, then when I finally stopped with WH I started playing Babooshka on repeat.

To be away from all, to be one of everything

I went to the record store just wanting an album with Wuthering Heights on it, so I got The Whole Story. I'd listen to that one song over and over, then when I finally stopped with WH I started playing Babooshka on repeat.

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) has been played many many times by me as has Babooshka.

Kate Bush is my daddy, Kate Bush is my mother, Kate Bush is my bestest friend. :legend:

I love Kate. I can't even express how talented and creative and visionary she is!! Her entire discography is perfect!!

I discovered her as a little weird, awkward 8th grader with Wuthering Heights and thought it was just so witchy and weird and catchy and she was so perfect and before I knew it, my itunes was just like Kate Bush!! I can't even choose a favorite song/album/unreleased track, it's just all so wonderful, she's God. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Best thread EVER

Kate Bush is my daddy, Kate Bush is my mother, Kate Bush is my bestest friend. :legend:

I love Kate. I can't even express how talented and creative and visionary she is!! Her entire discography is perfect!!

I discovered her as a little weird, awkward 8th grader with Wuthering Heights and thought it was just so witchy and weird and catchy and she was so perfect and before I knew it, my itunes was just like Kate Bush!! I can't even choose a favorite song/album/unreleased track, it's just all so wonderful, she's God. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Best thread EVER

Knew it was only a matter of time till you posted!

tumblr_m9ob88PTDr1reay9ko1_250.gif

I've been playing this over and over tonight!

I love her sinister moments. It amazes me how she can go from such light, angelic songs to unnerving, eerie pieces of bombastic art like this!!

Knew it was only a matter of time till you posted!

tumblr_m9ob88PTDr1reay9ko1_250.gif

I've been playing this over and over tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87zEQp5v5_c

I love her sinister moments. It amazes me how she can go from such light, angelic songs to unnerving, eerie pieces of bombastic art like this!!

Ugh, the Dreaming is AMAZING. I love the shift from Pull Out the Pin to Suspended in Gaffa, it highlights just what you're talking about!! And Houdini is so beautiful! "wiiiith a kiiiisss I pass the key" :flutter:

My favorite sinister Kate moment is probably Under Ice or Big Stripey Lie!