ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Besides, she's going to be touring in the summer, so she probably won't have much studio time to record a whole new album...

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

Besides, she's going to be touring in the summer, so she probably won't have much studio time to record a whole new album...

Hasn't she already recorded a handful?

You seem to like evoking the 50s imagery in your songs: the golden age of recording studios, ladies singing late at night with their big band…

Yeah, I love it. I love nightlife, the mood that comes from it. That’s why I wanted to meet Mark Ronson: I played him ten songs I just composed for this next album.

Hasn't she already recorded a handful?

True, I had forgotten about this. But they would normally work on the songs and then re-record them, no? I took it as though she showed him some rough drafts they could work on together.

You seem to like evoking the 50s imagery in your songs: the golden age of recording studios, ladies singing late at night with their big band…

Yeah, I love it. I love nightlife, the mood that comes from it. That’s why I wanted to meet Mark Ronson: I played him ten songs I just composed for this next album.

I'm not sure how I feel about her working with Mark Ronson. I think I'd either love it or hate it, I think he's great when he works with someone but makes the song true to the artist (like Uptown Funk), so I can see it working well with Lana, as she wouldn't let him change her aesthetic. 

I just need video's for Black Beauty and Old Money before the new era, even though I know I ain't getting them  :defeated:

qsVmBMd.png

A new release in August? Lana pls, as a millionaire's daughter some would assume you are smarter than that. That is literally a dead season with horrible sales. Release it between October and December.

it wont really come out in august though will it

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

True, I had forgotten about this. But they would normally work on the songs and then re-record them, no? I took it as though she showed him some rough drafts they could work on together.

Yes, but it gets her far enough into the process of producing the album that an August release would be possible, albeit unlikely.

Yes, but it gets her far enough into the process of producing the album that an August release would be possible, albeit unlikely.

Thanks for explaining that to me :) I'm still doubting the August date but you're right.

I'm going to be a realist here and say there is no way she will be releasing a new album August 2015. She has a massive world tour next year and if its a huge success there might be the possibility off extra dates added on. It would be very stupid -commercially wise- to release a new LP in the middle of touring/promoting  UV.This is how I think it will go down....

Endless Summer Tour- Previews One/Two Tracks from the LP During Tour - Takes Time Off After The Tour Is Finished and Starts Finishing Off The New LP - Drum Up Some Speculation For The LP By Some Means - Release Single/Video In The Same Month Along With The LP's Release Date - Drops The New Album

With all that I really can't see the LP being released till very late 2015 or early 2016 :defeated:. But Lana is so unpredictable  I wouldn't be surprised if she just dropped the album a la beyonce style somewhere in the near future tbh  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I really hope that her choruses are more inspired than the last ones she has offered. I love UV, I had this strange love-hate-don't care-love relationship with it, but I hope the next record has great bridges and choruses. If Big Eyes and I Can Fly is any indication for "majestetic" choruses , then I am not here for it, cause these choruses are basic as fuck

It would be very stupid -commercially wise- to release a new LP in the middle of touring/promoting  UV.This is how I think it will go down....

Didn't she do that with Ultraviolence though  :toofunny:

i76mrxw.png 

Well we saw how this ended up as far as her giving out release dates.  :toofunny:

I'm happy to hear about a new album because more Lana songs are always great but there's still so much she could have done with UV. I don't know why she acted like UV was this horrible flop and moved on so fast since she talked the album up so much before it was released. All that should have mattered was that she loved her own music, whether it sold or not. I hope we still get some more videos and physical releases because I collect stuff but I doubt it.

But a new album!  :crying: Yes please. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Well we saw how this ended up as far as her giving out release dates.  :toofunny:

I'm happy to hear about a new album because more Lana songs are always great but there's still so much she could have done with UV. I don't know why she acted like UV was this horrible flop and moved on so fast since she talked the album up so much before it was released. All that should have mattered was that she loved her own music, whether it sold or not. I hope we still get some more videos and physical releases because I collect stuff but I doubt it.

But a new album!  :crying: Yes please. 

Look on the bright side, at least she didn't spend a year talking about it as if it were the second coming of god like some other artists have done in the past. Like Lady Gaga for example, talking about Born This Way as if it was going to revolutionize music and we all saw how that went.

I don't know why she skimped on promoting it or making videos, but my theory (on the videos at least) is that she probably wasn't given a huge financial push by the label. They weren't excited about her releasing it in the first place; it's a big contrast to her previous work in terms of being accessible. They clearly gave her a huge budget to work with circa Born To Die - visually stunning videos, promotion all over the world... hell, maybe they even chipped some cash in for Tropico (maybe she made that with her own money idk). But clearly there was a lack of support by the label and I've seen this many times when pop artists try to take a risk with their music. And promotional budgets include everything from music videos, to internet ads, to street promotion, to radio deals, interviews, blah blah blah. Lots of behind the scenes stuff.  The label's like - "fine, we'll release it, but we're going to give you a bare-bones budget to promote it, because we feel you didn't give us a top 40 single and we're not sure you're worth a big investment at this point in time." Maybe I'm wrong, idk, but that's what I'm thinking.

Add Lana's reluctance to even promote in the first place and there you go. She was probably exhausted from touring for so long and she wanted to take a break. Smart if you ask me. Good artists burn out fast when they succumb to being slaves for record labels. Again, something we see very often. I'm glad she gave us an incredible album at the end of the day - it could have gone so many places visually, but there's always album #3 (#4 if you count Paradise which I do).

I pray she makes an album more similar to Born To Die to be honest. I like Ultraviolence but I like Born To Die more so there's one reason I want it but another is she will probably be given more money for promo, so the flashy videos will come back which I have missed so much from this era, and hopefully we will get TV/Radio promo too.

qsVmBMd.png