Anthem

Mazzy Star

Mazzy Star is an alternative/indie rock band with many psychedelic and dreamy elements to them. They made most of their music in the 90s but last year also released a record that pretty much picks right back up where they left off. Lots of people believe that lead singer Hope Sandoval and Lana have similar voices when compared to songs where Lana sings higher (i.e. May Jailer). I know most people here listen only to other pop artists, but if you have a taste for beautiful low-key acoustic music, Mazzy Star is probably for you.

Mazzy Star's most famous song is Fade Into You, a big hit in the 90s.

I'm posting their next most famous song (Into Dust) because it is absolutely beautiful and also happens to be my favorite song, period.

The title track from last year's album, Seasons of Your Day, is another exceptional song and personal favorite.

And as a bonus, if you are a fan of the show Rick and Morty you might remember this song over one episode's end credits

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Great thread!

Been listening to "Among My Swan" a lot lately. I like how hypnotic and soothing it is even though the songs  all sound like each other.  

Fun Fact: I discovered Mazzy Star because people were comparing Lana to Hope Sandoval, then i heard Fade Into You and fell in love. Back then I didn't really get the comparison but especially after Ultraviolence it actually makes sense to me.

Great thread!

Been listening to "Among My Swan" a lot lately. I like how hypnotic and soothing it is even though the songs  all sound like each other.  

Fun Fact: I discovered Mazzy Star because people were comparing Lana to Hope Sandoval, then i heard Fade Into You and fell in love. Back then I didn't really get the comparison but especially after Ultraviolence it actually makes sense to me

I found Mazzy Star through a thread asking if there were any singers like Lana, so similar. :P I really fell in love when I heard Into Dust. I cried the first time I listened to it and I think its the most beautiful song.  :icant:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

c49829a324a510322d8ac983c199afd1.jpg

Mazzy Star is an American alternative rock/dream pop band that formed in Santa Monica, California in 1989. The band mainly consists of vocalist Hope Sandoval and musician David Roback, as well as touring band members.

They are best known for their 1994 hit 'Fade Into You'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9E0mC9Cwk

Mazzy Star have released four albums as of 2018

She Hangs Brightly (1990)
220px-Shehangsbrightly.jpg

So Tonight That I Might See (1993)

220px-Mazzy_Star-So_Tonight_That_I_Might

Among My Swan (1996)

220px-Mazzy_Star_-_Among_My_Swan.png

Seasons of Your Day (2013)

220px-MazzyStarSeasonsOfYourDay.jpg

They will release their first EP, Still, in May 2018

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fad9dc4

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

A long time ago I tried to give their music a chance, but I had to realize they only have 1 good song. :sadcore:

Try again  :defeated: So Tonight That I Might See is a masterpiece - particularly Fade Into You, Mary of Silence, Blue Light, Into Dust and the title track  :defeated: And then their other albums are great, particularly Among My Swan  :poordat:

They will release an EP? Wow, I didn't know that! Exciting!

I really like She Hangs Brightly and Seasons Of Your Day. However, I prefer Hope's "Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions" project

Yep, 4 tracks, one of which has already been released 

https://open.spotify.com/album/1RUswUliHdQJcBoydEd059?si=8_N2hACZQhmlm5YdqRBTXA

One of the tracks is an alternative version of So Tonight That I Might See!

Yep, 4 tracks, one of which has already been released 

https://open.spotify.com/album/1RUswUliHdQJcBoydEd059?si=8_N2hACZQhmlm5YdqRBTXA

One of the tracks is an alternative version of So Tonight That I Might See!

sounds good. their music is so timeless, this could literally be an old track.  I like the way the percussion sounds like it's coming from another room. Hope's vocals are perfect as always. And the guitar is beautiful aswell. Nothing new and fresh but just so ... classic Mazzy-Star-ish in an effortless way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

sounds good. their music is so timeless, this could literally be an old track.  I like the way the percussion sounds like it's coming from another room. Hope's vocals are perfect as always. And the guitar is beautiful aswell. Nothing new and fresh but just so ... classic Mazzy-Star-ish in an effortless way.

I think they are all old tracks that didn't make it onto any of the albums. One of the other tracks was performed back in 2000 and is a demo of I've Gotta Stop from SOYD

I wouldn't want anything else but the Mazzy Star sound  :defeated:  so beautiful and atmospheric and so them