- 1,008 people can fit the pit 

CONFIRMED GUESTS:

1. WestCoastLanatic (Me!)
  2. OldBigEyes
  3. @xdailylanax on Instagram
  4. @mr_johnny_revenge on Instagram 

COMMENT IF YOU'RE GOING/IF ANYONE WANTS TO MEET UP

post-5301-0-85338000-1420229568_thumb.jpg

Old big eyes had some decent posts in these forums.. How was the show, give your detailed views/thoughts please..

and anyone else that was there? I saw some clips, but no one has really posted much yet..

I posted this question on the 'endless summer tour thread' too..

tumblr_nohijgtmDW1rkr9q3o1_1280.jpg

She didn't do FMWUTTT, did she?

I guess it would be all over Twitter if she did. :( I would've loved to hear FMWUTTT, never thought that she would even consider performing it.  :flutter:

Can someone who attended tell us how accurate this set list is? Did she sang YCBTB at least?

I meant to take note of all the songs she sang, but wasn't able to due to the craziness in the pit.  I do know she did NOT sing FMWUTTT.  I'll admit, I don't know some of her older/unreleased material, so I can't confirm YCBTB.  Not sure about UATW either, or if she went straignt from West Coast to Born To Die.  There was a short pause before Born To Die, too.  Also, she stopped West Coast about 30 seconds in due to sound balance problems, which is when she did an a cappella sound check (which was beautiful -- same one she did last year at Hollywood Forever, but I don't know what song it was; she didn't sing as much of it last night as she did at HF).

It was kind of cool that she sat down to sing Chelsea Hotel.  I suppose it goes with the more subdued nature of the song.  She did NOT sing National Anthem, or (thank goodness) Carmen.  No Body Electric, either, which was surprising, so Cola was the only representative from Paradise. 

Since some people asked, I'll post my personal account of the concert here:

I arrived on-site at 8:45 AM.  Parking lots were closed, so I parked almost a mile away and walked down the hill with my chair, umbrella, and backpack.  I was in line right behind a group of people who had arrived at 8 AM (surprising that no one had arrived between them and me).  Everyone was in the same line to start, regardless of the ticket type.  I estimated that I was about #50 in line.  We did not do the number thing, but the line was very calm and everyone was respectful about maintaining their places.  They had portable bathrooms for us, too, although no handwashing station, so I was glad I brought hand wipes and sanitizer.

Thanks to @@buster for the tips on what to do, so I had plenty of food and water with me, and the chair was an excellent idea.  We were told later that sometime around 2-3 PM, Natalie from VIP Nation (part of LiveNation) would come around to separate out the VIP people from the regular ticket holders.  The group I was hanging out with had one Silver VIP ticket holder among them.  I had also sold one of my extra VIP tickets to someone else, who arrived around noon or so.

Around 3 PM, Natalie came by to find the Silver VIP ticket holders.  After confirming our IDs, she gave us all yellow numbered wristbands.  She said we would be lining up at a separate location at 5 PM to go in at 5:30.  At that point, we no longer needed to stand in the regular line and were basically free to leave or whatever we wanted to do, as long as we were back by 5.  The girl who bought my extra ticket had also parked up the hill like me, so she and I walked back to our cars.  She went to a store to buy some things, and I ran home (I live close by) to drop off my extra food and my chair/umbrella.

I got back to the theater around 4:15.  By then, the parking lots were open.  I parked and found where the VIP crowd was, and found my other two silver VIP friends and hung out with them.  Another friend of mine had agreed to buy my other extra VIP ticket (last-minute extra since my wife opted not to go to the show), and arrived around 4:45 and got in line with us.  We were ID-checked again and led inside the gates at about 5:30 or so.  We then had to wait inside for security to tell us to proceed.  Another 30 minutes, and then we were led to the entrance to the pit, where we waited again for another 30 minutes or so.  At about 6:30, we were finally allowed into the pit, and we scrambled for good spots.

I managed front-row pit!  I was just to the right of the stair platform.  The original schedule had Courtney Love coming on at 7:30, and Lana at 8:45.  That got pushed back about 45 minutes or so; Courtney was scheduled for 8:15 (she came on closer to 8:30), and Lana at 9:30 (she came out at about 9:45).  Courtney was fun, though I don't know any of her music and it was hard to understand the words.  She did a good cover of Stevie Nicks' "Gold Dust Woman."

In the pit, there was an annoying guy behind/next to me.  He was basically behind me and the girl to my left, but he had a hand on the barricade.  He kept trying to push his way up to the barricade, and at one point during Courtney's performance, had somehow managed to get up there and push ME back.  After Courtney was done, though, I muscled my way back up to the front and held on for dear life.  We held our positions waiting for Lana to come out, which she finally did.

Every time Lana even got *near* our side of the stage, I could feel the pit crowd surge forward.  It was like being moved by current in the water; sometimes I felt like I was going to be picked up and moved.  I had to hold onto the barricade and really hold my ground to avoid being pushed back.  The annoying guy I mentioned also had smelly hair, which didn't help every time his head got in my face.  My one friend that bought my 2nd extra ticket had to leave about 2/3 of the way through Lana's set, another annoying guy that was behind her got her spot.  (He was annoying because he kept yelling "Lana, fuck me!" and "Lana, take me backstage!"  He was yelling the same thing to Courtney, too.)  But it was all good.  The concert itself was fabulous.

As I mentioned, I was just to the right (stage left) of the stairs.  Unfotunately, when Lana came down off the stage, she started going to the left (her right), and when she came back, she stopped 3 people down from me.  When she went back up the stairs, she said she'd be back, but she didn't come back down again, so I didn't get my selfie. :(  I also was unable to personally hand her the CD some friends of mine and I had made for her, so I gave it to one of the security guys at the end, who put it on the stage with some other stuff people had given them for her.

Other than that, the concert was really good.  I liked the covers she performed, and the fact that she sang some previuosly unreleased songs.  Courtney Love was fun, too. :)

I'm glad I got to experience the whole arriving early and getting into the pit thing, but would I do it again?  No.  Not even for Lana. :)  Once was definitely enough.  My lower back is not the best, and by the time it was over, it was *really* sore from standing so much.  My feet were hurting, too, and my chest/abs were hurting from being pushed up against the barricade so much.  It was worth the discomfort one, but I wouldn't do it again.  Hopefully, I'll have an opportunity to meet Lana someday, but time will tell.

Forgot to mention in my recount that I was surprised that she did NOT perform "Old Money."  She only started including that song last October, so I was somewhat shocked that it doesn't seem to be in the set list for this tour.

@, thanks for the recount. Glad you had fun! I don't understand people like the smelly hair guy. Okay, maybe it's funny to him/his friends to yell that sort of stuff, but it's quite disrespectful and yelling it repeatedly doesn't make it any more funny/clever.

Anyway, hope you get some rest!

Bury me to Bel Air.

@, thanks for the recount. Glad you had fun! I don't understand people like the smelly hair guy. Okay, maybe it's funny to him/his friends to yell that sort of stuff, but it's quite disrespectful and yelling it repeatedly doesn't make it any more funny/clever.

Anyway, hope you get some rest!

Thanks @@VelvetNight!  (How many times have you changed your username now? LOL)  I did manage to get some rest last night.  For the record, smelly-hair guy wasn't the one yelling "Fuck me"; that was the guy on the other side of me.

BTW, turns out that my friend had to leave because she had a kidney transplant several years ago and has to take transplant meds every day at 11 PM.  Since she didn't have them with her, nor did she have any water in the pit, she had to leave to go take her meds.  But at least she got to see most of the show.

Another thing I forgot to mention:  @ got a shout-out from Courtney Love!  He had hoped to get center pit, but was way off to the left side.  He had a sign meant for Lana that said he was missing his Prom AND his dad's graduation from SDSU to attend the concert.  Apparently, Courtney saw the sign after she tossed a rose out to someone in that direction, and a person right next to him caught it.  She then said something like "Don't be an asshole, give it to the guy who missed his prom and his dad's graduation!"  So way to go, WCL. :)

@ So glad you had a great time. The whole waiting in line for front row center is not for the weak that is for sure. I have done it four times for Lana and I would do it again but when I do it, I hate it. It's painful and I, too am of an older age so I feel your pain. Still, she is worth it for me. Again, so glad everything worked out for you. 

Thanks @@buster!  Wow, you are definitely a dedicated fan.  My wife was also unhappy with me; she apparently didn't remember me saying I had wanted to go early and was annoyed that I was gone all day and wasn't going to be there to play piano with her group violin students in the morning.  And she tends to clam up when she's upset at me, so it took a while to drag it out of her. We're fine now, but that's one more reason I probably wouldn't do it again.  Happy wife, happy life... :)

Thanks @@buster!  Wow, you are definitely a dedicated fan.  My wife was also unhappy with me; she apparently didn't remember me saying I had wanted to go early and was annoyed that I was gone all day and wasn't going to be there to play piano with her group violin students in the morning.  And she tends to clam up when she's upset at me, so it took a while to drag it out of her. We're fine now, but that's one more reason I probably wouldn't do it again.  Happy wife, happy life... :)

I hear you. I am actually happy that you did it alone. I mean, in my opinion, your wife was not correct in this situation. You bought these tickets in December. With early entry, who would not line up so early in the morning. She needs to be more understanding in my opinion. I am all for "happy wife, happy life" but it needs to be logical. This was something you really wanted to do and if it were me, nothing will stop me. I am very thoughtful and understand of my significant other. I would never stand in the way of what they really wanted to do and my expectation is the to receive the same in return. All in all, it sounds like it worked out for the best. Once you have had that Lana experience, nothing can take it away. Happy you did it and went all the way @! :)

@@buster There was actually more to it than that, but she just didn't remember me having told her about this stuff ahead of time, and I did mention it several times.  Sometimes things just don't sink in. :)  But I didn't let that bother me the day of the concert; my mind was all on the concert and nothing else.  And yes, as you said, nothing can take that away from me. :)  Definitely glad I went.

@ Glad you had fun! Don't be sad, you will get your selfie/autograph next time! :D

Every time Lana even got *near* our side of the stage, I could feel the pit crowd surge forward.  It was like being moved by current in the water; sometimes I felt like I was going to be picked up and moved. 

This is seriously the worst thing ever  :deadbanana: