Your Girl Lana

Lana Del Rey Questionary

1. My friend sent me a video of "Born to Die" - played it, and I was like "wtf is this, boring." Over the next month I would always see ads for Lana Del Rey on the sidebars of YouTube videos and I assumed she was a boring and old mexican singer. Finally one day I decided to check out her videos again. I searched "Lana Del Rey" and one of the videos that came up was "Carmen." It looked cool, so I clicked it, and within seconds I knew this woman would be one of my favorite artists. The image of Felix Cane dropping down the pole while Lana sang, "Darlin' Darlin' doesn't have a problem.." was chilling. The whole home-movie video collage reminded me of a song I love called "John Wayne Gacy Jr." by an artist named Sufjan Stevens. "Carmen" is still my favorite song from Lana.

2. Carmen ^

3. Her hair in the Carmen video.

4. Carmen for NPR.

5. "She says you don't want to be like me, don't want to see all the things I've seen, I'm dying, I'm dying"

6. Is this a serious question?

7. Eyes and her long fake eyelashes, they're seductive.

8. Nothing, I love EVERYTHING about this woman. She gives me a reason to keep living and going.

9. No, sadly.

10. Fiona Apple, Bernard Herrmann, Pino Donaggio, The Beach Boys, Elvis

11. Obsessed. There's not an hour that goes by that I don't think about her.

12. As long as she's still the cool, trash magic filled zombie, I'll love her.

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey - September 2011

• 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music - Video games :teehee:

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle - BLONDE HAIR

4: Favorite live performance - Trash (Live) @ The Living Room

5: Favorite lyric - Is it wro-wrong that I think it's kind of fun when I hit you in the back of the head with a gun?

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? - FUCK YES! I'D DO SHIT TO HER

7: Favorite facial feature - Eyes

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? - Show her funny side MORE .....those damn extensions

9: Have you ever met Lana? - No....not yet

10: Who's your favorite artist after Lana? Too hard, too many :oprah:

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? Obsessed

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? - Yes but instead of having to kill her, I'm just going to keep her as a pet.

How are some of you alright with her being a zombie, though? I know that's a cute question and all but I do not fuck around with the living dead :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey - Late July/early August 2011

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music - The second demo of Diet Mtn Dew really did it for me.

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle - I couldn't give a crap, but I love the beehive.

4: Favorite live performance - Chateau Marmont.

5: Favorite lyric - 'Smiles from a stranger seem to change your day when you were just about to go and throw your towel in' or 'Scowlin like the sunshine set on Sarasota'.

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? - Well duh.

7: Favorite facial feature - Her chin, okay that sounded weird.

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? - The fact that she has a sucky team and she's had about 10000000000 different names.

9: Have you ever met Lana? - No.

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? - Crystal Castles, but they're not after Lana, they're the same.

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? - Obsessed, but I have a lot of obsessions.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? - Fuck yeah. Maybe even more, I dig zombies.

4r9w86.jpg

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? Got too much respect for her.

I know this is off topic but I've always been curious about this statement guys sometimes make. I mean what about the girl you're going to be in a relationship with, you don't respect her as much? I honestly don't mean to be rude I'm just really interested

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey A friend posted "Video Games" on Facebook, but I actually kind of hated it on first listen. Well, hate is a strong word, but I wasn't into it at the time for reasons that weren't Lana's fault. The girl who posted it had completely misunderstood the song and tried to make it about her own "storybook" romance with a gamer dude, and I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. I'm such a cynic, haha.
  • 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music "Born To Die," on my first listen to the full album on Spotify the day it came out. I'd listened out of curiosity, not expecting to fall as hard for it as I did.
  • 3: Favorite Lana hairstyle The long brown hair circa "Blue Jeans."
  • 4: Favorite live performance Right now it's "Dayglo Reflection" at Le Grand Journal because I love that song and didn't think I'd ever see a performance of it.
  • 5: Favorite lyric "I'm your national anthem / Boy, put your hands up / Give me a standing ovation / Boy, you have landed / Babe, in the land of sweetness and danger / Queen of Saigon"
  • 6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? Only if she wanted it. ;)
  • 7: Favorite facial feature The perfect symmetry. She has the Golden Ratio for sure.
  • 8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? Not really, but I wish she had more confidence in her performing ability. I wish she had never done that SNL gig --- I think it's made her self-conscious ever since.
  • 9: Have you ever met Lana? Nope!
  • 10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? My all-time favorite band is Depeche Mode, but I also really love Madonna.
  • 11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? Just a fan. Only teenagers can afford to be obsessive, it's not a good look on a college grad.
  • 12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? Even more so. :P

LanaLogo-e1328412462487.png

iamamiwhoami purity ring jessie ware grimes twin shadow

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey August 2011. There was a small article about Video Games in NME magazine with a photo of Lana. Her strikingly beautiful appearance and the article made me want to know more about her, so I checked the song out immediately after reading it.
  • 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music Video Games. That was the most beautiful song I'd ever heard and Lana was literally the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen in my life. The video was just perfect too. I was captivated by her.
  • 3: Favorite Lana hairstyle Definitely this style and colour
    normal_bI2ZG.jpg

• 4: Favorite live performance Without You at the Jazz Cafe in London on the 10th April 2012.  
  • 5: Favorite lyric It's nice to love and be loved but I'd rather know what God knows
  • 6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? Er, don't know.
  • 7: Favorite facial feature Her lips and the cute little ridge at the end of her nose.
  • 8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? I literally can't think of anything I don't like about her. I'll come back and edit this if I think of anything.
  • 9: Have you ever met Lana? Unfortunately not. Hopefully someday.
  • 10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? I have quite a few who I like equally. Azealia Banks, Lady Leshurr, Shystie, Pikachunes, Santigold.
  • 11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? I think I sort of hover between the two.
  • 12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? Why not.

20r46kx.jpg

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey
    My friend saw her perform during her Lizzy era when she was on holiday and told me to check her out and I got her AKA album from iTunes and fell in love! It took me about a month after Video Games went around to realise it was the same person as Lizzy
  • 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music
    Yayo!
  • 3: Favorite Lana hairstyle
    When it was auburn, long and wavy! Also love her plain straight hair in Blue Jeans video (and the cover of Paradise)
  • 4: Favorite live performance
    iTunes Festival! :legend:

• 5: Favorite lyric
    All of the lyrics to Disco tbh :oprah:

• 6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to?
    Well I'm gay so actually no, I think she is one of THE most beautiful women but I just can't see her in that way.
  • 7: Favorite facial feature
    THOSE EYES!! :flutter:

• 8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana?
    The fact she isn't so open about everything and she doesn't tweet much
  • 9: Have you ever met Lana?
    No :defeated:

• 10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana?
    Tarja Turunen! also Simone Simons from Epica! All three are my idols and are equally loved, I worship those women!
  • 11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?
    !OBSESSED!
  • 12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?
    I would! I would get her to bite me and we can be the undead King and Queen of Coney Island :creepy:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I know this is off topic but I've always been curious about this statement guys sometimes make. I mean what about the girl you're going to be in a relationship with, you don't respect her as much? I honestly don't mean to be rude I'm just really interested

Haha no that's not that, there just some persons that i just can't see in that way ^^

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey

Saw her on MTv Push, I loved Video Games and Bought it like 3 weeks later :P

2: What was the first song that made you fall in

love with her music.

Born To Die, It's so eargasmic <3

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle

Born To Die Album Cover/ Big Up-do (interview mag cover)

4: Favorite live performance

Radio, Jazz Cafe or something :flop:

5: Favorite lyric

"Come and Take a walk on the Wild side, let me

Kiss you hard in the pouring rain, you like your girls insane"

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the

chance to?

Hell yes! Those lips <3

7: Favorite facial feature

Her Nose

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana?

She smokes.

9: Have you ever met Lana?

No :'(

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana?

Lady Gaga

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really

big fan?

A really big fan, I still do not know a lot of unreleased songs and videos, I have a long way to go.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie

would you still love her?

Yes, as long as she doesn't eat me.

:smokes:

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey August/September of 2011 when a friend posted "Oh Say Can You See" on Facebook.

• 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music The snippet of "National Anthem" she posted

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle this one.

4: Favorite live performance iTunes Festival

5: Favorite lyric "I'm final, if I find out that I'm not, I'll be sad" and "Lyin' to herself 'cause her liquor's top shelf"

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? How the hell is this even a question?

7: Favorite facial feature Her mouth

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? I think a lot of what she says/sings is a lie or an exaggeration.

9: Have you ever met Lana? No

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? -

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? I'm not obsessed, I hope nobody is.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? Probably not, 'cause she'd want to eat my brain.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey

In December of 2011 whilst watching the Born To Die video, I will never forget that moment when I first laid eyes on her.

• 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music

Born To Die was the first, and I had it on repeat for a while. But then i heard Without You, and that was it.

• 3: Favorite Lana hairstyle

Ash brown / auburn beehive 50's style. But, I do ador the big, glamourpuss dark hair she has in the Ride video.

• 4: Favorite live performance

The 'Without You' performance in California, oh God.

• 5: Favorite lyric

That's so hard. I guess it has to be, ugh there's too many. "Everything I want I have, money, notoriety & rivieras" Always sticks out in my mind though.

• 6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to?

No, I think that would be awkward. But, I'd hold her tight, and never let her go ;)

• 7: Favorite facial feature

Her eyes, there so beautiful. They're full of so much sadness, yet so much joy at the same time.

• 8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana?

That she smokes, quit baby you don't need those fags.

• 9: Have you ever met Lana?

No, but I will before I die. When I see her in concert though, I'm going to scream "I love you Lana" so fucking loud and jump up and down that she will have to take notice of me :)

• 10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana?

Amy Macdonald, she has a different writing style to Lana, but it is equally as beautiful.

• 11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?

Borderline obsessed. I just have so much love and respect for her.

• 12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?

Of course I would still love her, I will never stop. But, that doesn't mean that I can't stop liking her. And, if it came to it, yes I would kill her if she was an evil zombie.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey - Around a year ago (I think?) when the Born To Die video came out. I used to dislike her for some reason (it often happens that I first dislike artists I end up loving, so I suppose it became a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point).

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music - Well, Born To Die was the first I heard (in the video) and I kept shamefully raping the replay button every time I had the chance because the song was so addicting. Then I got over my 'hate', downloaded the whole album and holy shit I fell for her hard.

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle - BIG, I love her big hairstyles or those slight curls of hers in her more relaxed hairstyles. Oh yes and I like her as a redhead the most, all shades of red worked great.

4: Favorite live performance - I never got into watching her live performances much (I've seen a few, but I want to see her live myself) so I can't really choose.

5: Favorite lyric - THIS IS HARD. "And there's no remedy, for memory, your face is like a melody/ it won't leave my head" but really the whole Dark Paradise is so brilliant lyrically.

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? Oh yes. Hard.

7: Favorite facial feature - Well it's not really a facial feature per se, but she looks so amazingly cute when she smiles, she has a very sweet smile so I'll go for this.

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? There are some things I morally disagree with a bit, but they're a bit long-winded and it's not necessarily something I don't like about her.

9: Have you ever met Lana? No :defeated:

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? Johnny Cash/The Ronnettes/Amy Winehouse

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? Big fan.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? 'Course, that'd be two of us.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey :

early January 2012

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music :

video games

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle :

I like her hair now, long and black

4: Favorite live performance :

Body Electric at the ITunes festival 

5: Favorite lyric :

Cause baby we were born to live fast and die young, born to be bad, have fun. (Never let me go)

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to :

:brows: :brows:   duh

7: Favorite facial feature :

Her eyes :judgingu:

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana :

Idk, maybe the fact that she tweets like once a decade but yeah..

9: Have you ever met Lana :

hahahaHaHAHAhaNO

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana :

Marina & the diamonds :cuckoo:

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?

O B S E S S E D

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?

yass :agree:

You're gonna love me, large.gif  I'm gonna make you.

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey I remember her VEVO ads for 'Born To Die' on Youtube and for some time, I disliked her a lot (don't know why), especially after a roommate said that she was this big scam artist. But then I downloaded SS (remix) and it took off from there and I loved Born To Die. 

• 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music Born To Die

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle Paradise era (a little wavy, light brown). But I like the variety. 

4: Favorite live performance Idk

5: Favorite lyric (only one of them) There's nowhere on this earth I would rather be than in your bedroom breathing heavily.

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? FUCK YEAH

7: Favorite facial feature Her face is worth more than the sum of its parts, etc.

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? She seems a bit closed off, mysterious, not in a good way

9: Have you ever met Lana? I did once in a dream, but she was stand offish and didn't talk to me much, but her sister was very nice.

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? Idk, a lot.

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? I don't know the difference, to be honest.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? I'd respect that she could hide her zombie-ness so well i guess.

omg I never did this

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey

Probably September 2011. I'd heard her Kill Kill previously, like probably when it was new-ish but didn't know who it was or anything, I was too young I liked Katy Perry and the Jonas Brothers. I didn't even like Video Games at first, it was my mum who liked her (fuck me tbh)

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music

Either Kill Kill or National Anthem

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle

Strawberry blonde  :crying2:

4: Favorite live performance

iTunes festival, just all of it. And May 12th obviously because I was there.   :oprah: 

5: Favorite lyric

'green swimming pool, pink flamingo, high Christmas lights, blue bed spread and silver tinsel, my hearts delight' 

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to?

:brows:

7: Favorite facial feature

Probably her nose

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana?

​Her tenancy to lie for no reason maybe but it's a common trait, I wouldn't want to bash her for it.

9: Have you ever met Lana?

No, but nearly. The security tricked us, what kind of sick joke  :smh: 

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana?

Vanessa Paradis  :heart: 

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?

Beyond obsessed man  :creepna2: 

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?

Even more  :icant: 

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

• 1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey Summer 2011 on Spotify with Video Games

• 2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music This Is What Makes Us Girls

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle The dark blonde of Born to Die

4: Favorite live performance Saw her sing Cola live this Spring in Birmingham :)

5: Favorite lyric You're gonna love me, I'm gonna make you // whole of TIWMUG

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? probs

7: Favorite facial feature sad bambi eyes

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? that she can get too caught up in the visual/opulent lyrics and turn a lyric 'shallow' i guess

9: Have you ever met Lana? nope

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? Bonnie McKee (pre American Girl!!)

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? just a really big fan, i'm not an obsessive type really.

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her? would luv her more

I have gold in my veins

had fun with this  :hoshet:

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey

Um well when I kept seeing her everywhere I thought she was annoying then I listened to video games then btd came out and I fell in love true story

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music

Dark Paradise

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle

BTD  :kiss:

4: Favorite live performance

Hard to choose but I think Million Dollar Man - BBC Radio 1

5: Favorite lyric

Literally impossible for me to choose but lyrically her best song is Carmen imo

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to?

lol if????

7: Favorite facial feature

eyes

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana?

Her inconsistency with details/promos

9: Have you ever met Lana?

no  :bliss:

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana?

Florence + The Machine 

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?

Excuse you I am a stan ty vm

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?

well when she said born to die she meant it so yes

god knows I tried

1. When did you first discover Lana Del Rey

January 2012. I was having a casual Skype conversation with a friend of mine, and he sent me the link to "Born To Die" telling me I just had to listen it.

2. What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music

I wouldn't say I instantly fell in love with her after watching "Born To Die" that day my friend sent me that link. I did however really start to pay attention to her after that. After the album release I do remember listening to "Off To The Races" a lot. It was the first song on the album that I'd say I fell in love with.

3. Favorite Lana hairstyle

Unpopular opinion: Blonde hair à la "Poolside"  :smokes3:

4. Favorite live performance

Does the "Goodbye Kiss" cover on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge count?

5. Favorite lyric

"Hair to my ass will be flying in the wind"  :smirk:

6. Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to?

:judgingu3:

7. Favorite facial feature

:makeup:

8. What's one thing you don't like about Lana?

Her lack of tweeting. Also when she tried to pull this off. I mean really? Just pull on that racer jacket of yours and you're all set. Example. She looks so fucking adorable! I just wanna hug her for all eternity.

9. Have you ever met Lana?

Shook her hand, looked right into her eyes and thanked her. All for a good approximate two seconds or so and then she greeted the next fan in the crowd  :toofunny:

10. Who's you favorite artist after Lana?

Lizzy  :candy:

11. Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan?

Borderline obsessed, borderline stalker, borderline big fan. Admirer from afar? Hasn't stalking her become sort of like everyone's occupation on this forum?  :creep:

12. What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?

:judgingu3:

EQFO7rX.png

1: When did you first discover Lana Del Rey - November '11. Heard Video Games on the radio.

2: What was the first song that made you fall in love with her music - Video Games in a way, but Off to the Races sealed the deal.

3: Favorite Lana hairstyle - Ginger movie star style, like in BTD.

4: Favorite live performance - Video Games on Jools. iTunes festival is magic too.

5: Favorite lyric - "Sometimes love is not enough when the road gets tough, I don't know why/ Keep making me laugh, let's go get high/ The road is long, we carry on, try to have fun in the maintime"  + every line of  Video Games.

6: Would you make out with Lana if you had the chance to? Yes. Yes I would.

7: Favorite facial feature - Her eyes, especially when she get's teary eyed during songs.

8: What's one thing you don't like about Lana? I can take the lying, but when she gets pretentious and judgy in interviews it's  offputting.

9: Have you ever met Lana? Briefly. (She highfived me at a concert :toofunny: )

10: Who's you favorite artist after Lana? Prob. James Blake or the Doors.

11: Would you say you're obsessed or just a really big fan? Obsessed, let's be real. Her whole story, universe and persona is just one big mystery. The gift that keeps on giving :flutter: 

12: What if Lana was secretly an evil zombie would you still love her?  :illumilana: yes