#1 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  • Time Online: 414d 12m 41s

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

Okay, I will give this one a try. Before we spam other threads with posts about the success of Ultraviolence or lack thereof, the impacT of BTD or its lack of critical acclaim, I think it is better to post in this thread.

Chart positions, discussion about sales of albums and singles. I will try to update my post when I am in the mood with some receipts.

So folks, let's discuss whoever is interested.

• Viva, Gecko, URarnins and 3 others like this

#2 ONLINE   Hundred Dollar Bill

Hundred Dollar Bill

Thunderbolt

• Moderators
  • 4,233 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel, FL
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Favourite LDR Song:Daytona Meth / HDB / BBM Baby
  • Time Online: 49d 22h 16m 52s

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

I literally do not give a shit about where she charts as long as she gets to make the music she wants. Yes, I'll be proud if she gets a #1 album. But if she doesn't, will it change my opinion of the music? No.

I understand wanting her to be successful but I think her being a happy singer is all that really matters.
  • technicolor, HEARTCORE, Rebel and 2 others like this

eH1mCmL.gif 14417469274.gif eH1mCmL.gif

#3 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

I literally do not give a shit about where she charts as long as she gets to make the music she wants. Yes, I'll be proud if she gets a #1 album. But if she doesn't, will it change my opinion of the music? No.

I understand wanting her to be successful but I think her being a happy singer is all that really matters.

That is fair and absolutely ok. Nobody dismisses that. Nobody here wants her to be unhappy. I assume we are all devoted here, so that's the reason we post. Nobody is forced to post here. 

Still, a discussion about success and charts is a discussion that is not complete BS. Almost every artist has it, and it's always nice to see some positive things in the musical career of our fave. It's also fair to inform about negative developments. 

• Viva likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Me. I Am Mariah

Me. I Am Mariah

LEGEND

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 4h 9m 52s

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

Born To Die is remembered.

No currs about UV.

#5 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

Born To Die is remembered.

No currs about UV.

thread ruined by your first post. thank you very much for your effort. 

• Hundred Dollar Bill, Viva, wraith and 3 others like this

#6 OFFLINE   Rebel

Rebel

swallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn
  • Time Online: 123d 12h 8m 43s

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

Why do some people consider Ultraviolence a flop? It didn't do bad at all.

• vanillaiceys, Gecko and heavydirtysoul like this

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

#7 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

Why do some people consider Ultraviolence a flop? It didn't do bad at all.

It didn't completly bomb in the States. Sales are around 450k by now, which is neither great nor awful.

It did however fall short worldwide compared to BTD.

However, it is not sales only since streaming gets more and more important. While Lana still fares great on Spotify, people seem to have lost interest in her videos. Streaming is now also included in album charts in the US, so therefor it is also an underwhelming aspect of the UV era, see the video for Ultraviolence, the official 2nd single

#8 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 17h 41m 12s

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

It didn't completly bomb in the States. Sales are around 450k by now, which is neither great nor awful.
It did however fall short worldwide compared to BTD.

However, it is not sales only since streaming gets more and more important. While Lana still fares great on Spotify, people seem to have lost interest in her videos. Streaming is now also included in album charts in the US, so therefor it is also an underwhelming aspect of the UV era, see the video for Ultraviolence, the official 2nd single

People lost interest in her videos because she got from doing amazing videos like Ride, VG and BTD to doing shit videos, that simple really. I like this thread because if you don't live under a rock or in a cave sales matter since sales = money to produce albums and videos. Sales, charts or popularity don't affect my love for an artist but affects the artists that I love since producers, directors, makeup, payola, photography all need to get paid too

glgcDdT.gif

#9 OFFLINE   naachoboy

naachoboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Time Online: 151d 15h 48m 36s

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Sales doesnt matter to the GP tho only the impact the songs/albums made in real life. But i like chart discussions :)!

#10 OFFLINE   User14

User14

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Time Online: 17h 35m 31s

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

People lost interest in her videos because she got from doing amazing videos like Ride, VG and BTD to doing shit videos, that simple really. I like this thread because if you don't live under a rock or in a cave sales matter since sales = money to produce albums and videos. Sales, charts or popularity don't affect my love for an artist but affects the artists that I love since producers, directors, makeup, payola, photography all need to get paid too

It's hard to compare the videos artistically but there is a simple way to see how popular they were/are.
She had only two proper videos this era which I think that are not suitable for the youtube spamming demographic: the use of Mahoney in the SoC video turned off a lot of people and WC video is a mess conceptually (they cut off a lot of scenes). We have practically two videos for WC, the audio version samples the proper video which was a bad move in my opinion (the audio version has more views than the full video version).

Here are some facts:
BTD era:
Born to Die: 160.276 views/day
VG (2 releases): 112.405 views/day
Blue Jeans: 107.000 views/day
National Anthem (3 releases): 56.684 views/day

UV era:
WC (audio+full video): 175.292 views/day
WC (only full video): 97.561 views/day
SoC: 89.109 views/day

Lana's best:
YB: 188.193 views/day

So this era is not that bad but it can be observed a significant drop in the number of views. I think that we have to take in consideration the lack of promotion and the music itself which is less appealing to that youtube spamming demographic (those disappointed that UV wasn't BTD 2.0).
  • Gecko likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users