evilentity

Wait for Life

JUST realized how amazing this song is, thanks to this thread reviving. I had only heard it maybe once before now, but it's quickly becoming one of my absolute favorites -- I can't imagine a more perfect blend of the BtD, Paradise, and UV soundsΒ  :legend:

o4qjp4j.png

I can not get into this song at all... It's just so corny, it sounds like what people who haven't listened to her music thinks her music sound like.

Not surprised since Emile wrote most of this song.

Β 

I absolutely hate the instrumental and vocal production on this as wellΒ 

Β 

:eartha2:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

6 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I can not get into this song at all... It's just so corny, it sounds like what people who haven't listened to her music thinks her music sound like.

Β 

Β 

you’re sickΒ 

17 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Β 

Β 

I don’t despiseΒ it quite as much as you do but I want to like it more if that makes sense? It’s just missing oomph. She lacks seasoning :true:

18 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

10 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Β 

Jnkcentrals No Its True Its True GIF - Jnkcentrals No Its True Its True Twitter GIFs

Β 

Song has 0 substanceΒ 

maybe you can't feel the beautiful melancholy in it, I can only say the emotional substance is very deep

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Β 

maybe you can't feel the beautiful melancholy in it, I can only say the emotional substance is very deep

Β 

The melancholy is def there... it's being shoved down our throat in the most least subtle way ever which makes it.... unauthentic (Thank you Emile!!)

Β 

I don't think this song is deep at all because of how fake it, it's so obvious Lana had very little part in writing this. An ACTUAL authentic Lana song with not so subtle lyricism would be Is This Happiness or Sad Girl or even Dark Paradise....Wait For Life you are a fraud.Β :oprah3:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

The instrumentation and production of this song is stunningΒ :wowcry:Β I still don't reallyΒ getΒ the lyrics, but she sounds pretty so I don'tΒ care

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β imageproxy.jpg

How do we know it was mainly written by Emile? I've always thought that she was the main writer and he cowrote and produced (like they usually do in her albums).

For me this is quintessential Lana so if it was really written by Emile he fooled me for good.

Β 

I stillΒ have chills when I remember the snippet he posted of the bridgeΒ :icant:Β it's so crazy to me that some people don't like this... the chorus is heavenlyΒ 

giphy.gif

Then, in late 2013, he got his own heart broken. Feeling "fucked over" by the end of a long-term relationship, Haynie suddenly found himself writing songs of his own in studio parking lots during breaks from sessions for The Weeknd and Mark Ronson. When Lana came to Haynie's studio in New York for an Ultraviolence session one afternoon, the two got talking about relationships instead, and spontaneously recorded a demo. That session later became the We Fall track "Wait For Life," a song about impossible romance that's pinned around Lana's soft teasing out of the phrase, I'm lonely.
Β 

https://www.thefader.com/2015/02/10/emile-haynie-interview

Β 

There's also a third person with writing credit,Β Thomas Bartlett.

this is one of my favorite lana songs honestly (especially of the non-album releases). it has an atmosphere that none of her other music has. so cinematic. if you cant see its simple beautyΒ you simply dont have tasteΒ :true:

5 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Β 

Β 

Absolutely 0.00 taste was found. Then again, a gay stanning Lindsay Lohan like that in 2022...what else is to be expected.