Deleted User

Years & Years

Finally listened to Shine with good headphones. It sucks. It's the worst track from the album by a mile, it doesn't have the same sense of urgency and emotional power of the other songs

Worship is like a bargain version of Desire's instrumental and King's lyrics

Each song is making me look forward to the album less

BzhmW.png

Finally listened to Shine with good headphones. It sucks. It's the worst track from the album by a mile, it doesn't have the same sense of urgency and emotional power of the other songs

YOU DIDN'T :wat:

"Shine" is possibly their best song

H0bDaqU.gif

Don't worry, Olly said in an interview that "Shine" has the most generic pop sound on the record, which I'm guessing is part of the reason you dislike it: since the popiness of it takes away from the emotion a bit. I think the remainder of the songs will probably have just as much as emotion as their other songs. Remember that the singles are generally the most generic material.

Don't worry, Olly said in an interview that "Shine" has the most generic pop sound on the record, which I'm guessing is part of the reason you dislike it: since the popiness of it takes away from the emotion a bit. I think the remainder of the songs will probably have just as much as emotion as their other songs. Remember that the singles are generally the most generic material.

I certainly do like generic pop music, although it's just blah. I like songs that build and go somewhere and Shine just sods off. I'd be perfectly okay with an album of Desire/King/Worship/Memos but I do believe the record will show their versatility...I mean really don't care for their early singles from before the EP was released. It doesn't even sound like them

BzhmW.png

meh, the new version sounds so weird and overproduced (but in a bad way). the "now-demo" is good because the instrumental itself is very minimalistic and "calm" the album version sounds like they tried to make some sam smith power ballad with a piano verse at the beginning.

they're having a concert in my area but the tickets aren't on sale (u can only win them bye) i just hope i'm lucky enough to win tickets (or at least see or meet them, it's the same event where i was lucky enough to meet lana in 2012 (she also put us on the guest list for front row seats  :rollin: she's an angel)

i76mrxw.png 

Honestly the only reason there's even a following for them is because one of the band members is [openly] gay.

King was #1 before he became openly gay and they won BBC Sound of 2015 at the top of the year

Songs like Desire, Gold, King and Border are good. Ballads aren't because his vocal is so weak when it's given room to breathe

BzhmW.png

Honestly the only reason there's even a following for them is because one of the band members is [openly] gay.

ppl didnt know he was gay for a while actually

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Years & Years EP:

1. Take Shelter (Demo)

2. Lion

3. Memo (Demo)

I Wish I Knew EP:

1. I Wish I Knew

2. The Whale (B-Side)

Traps EP:

1. Traps

2. You & I (B-Side)

Real EP:

1. Real

2. Eyes Shut (B-Side)

Take Shelter EP:

1. Take Shelter

2. Breathe (B-side)

Desire Single:

1. Desire

2. Memo (B-Side)

King Single:

1. King

And it's full of remixes and stuff but I just listed the concrete songs :)

Can someone please bless a bitch with a zip of these?