Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS KIND OF THREAD?? I LOVE HORROR MOVIES.

Have y'all seen the trailer for Unfriended? It's coming out in April I think. It looks REALLY good @@Jack @@trayertrash. It was v well received by a bunch of critics at the film festival it premiered at last year.

Anyway, Halloween & Scream are two of my favorite horror films. I also loved Paranormal Activity 1 & 3 a lot.

14417469274.gif

WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS KIND OF THREAD?? I LOVE HORROR MOVIES.

Have y'all seen the trailer for Unfriended? It's coming out in April I think. It looks REALLY good @@Jack @@trayertrash. It was v well received by a bunch of critics at the film festival it premiered at last year.

Idk I made a status and thought this would be a cool thread :hairflip: and HOLY SHIT that movie looks so GOOD OMFG

The new Evil Dead is literal art, can't emphasize this enough in any convo about horror movies

I saw it in theaters when I was 16 :slayty:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Like could you imagine someone hacking into an LB tinychat and killing us off a la Unfriended bc someone leaked Bentley or some shit. :lmao:

Killing us off until some1 leaks roses

I lovelovelove horror movies.

Some favorites are

Hostel I & II

Cabin Fever

Jeepers Creepers (2 is okay I suppose)

The Collector and The Collection are actually pretty good.

Idk I'm lazy and full and I can't really think right now.

But thanks for making this thread so I can check out what I haven't watched!

Let's not forget the best series ever, SAW - literally every movie is perfect & I love how well they tied everything together. They could make 50 more and I wouldn't get tired of them. Unfriended looks good, I'll have to remember to check it out!

Since we're mentioning Texas Chainsaw Massacre, should we obligatorily mention Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Leprechaun, Child's Play, The Exorcist, The Omen, Friday The 13th, Puppet Master, Psycho, Hellraiser etc.? 

Did anyone like Cabin In The Woods? I loved the concept of it, but I think they way they went about it was kind of cheesy.  

Let The Right One In is one of my favorites to come out in awhile. Anti-Social is really good too. I've recently re-watched 28 Days/Weeks Later, The Last Exorcism Of Emily Rose & Human Centipede. 

Are we're making this strictly horror, or dipping into sci-fi too- Alien, Resident Evil etc.? Either way, I could talk about horror/sci-fi for days. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Child's Play

I can watch pretty much any horror movie except these, Bride of Chucky was the first horror movie I ever saw and it was really scarring lmao. Like therapy scarring

I can watch pretty much any horror movie except these, Bride of Chucky was the first horror movie I ever saw and it was really scarring lmao. Like therapy scarring

CP was one of the first I ever saw, I was soooo afraid of Chucky being under my bed at night that I'd run across my room so he couldn't catch me if he was under my bead and I'd freak out if I woke up and my foot was off the mattress. My mom raised me on horror movies, so within a few months I as over it.

If you don't mind subtitles there are a few brilliant foreign horror movies .

Green Butchers.Its a horror/comedy danish film and its way to funny/morbid in some parts...

REC - A brilliant Foreign horror franchise.The first two movies are best.Pure fright-fest....

28 Days Later. Probably one of the best cult "The Infected" horror movie ever.It's violent,horrific and harsh but the storyline is highly original...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

It's been so long since I watched it but I really liked the one with Jessica Biel. I know texas chainsaw 2 was really bad. A few were pretty bad  :facepalm:

I actually liked the 2007? One lol and have any of yall seen the movies The Den, Oculus, and You're Next? All three were AMAZING and I HIGHLY reccommend them

It's been so long since I watched it but I really liked the one with Jessica Biel. I know texas chainsaw 2 was really bad. A few were pretty bad  :facepalm:

The Next Generation was AWFUL (the one with Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey) the rest are bearable, but in general, it's a series I never got that into, but I feel obligated to watch them all? 

Also, everyone should read up on Ed Gein, he was a serial killer that inspired Leatherface, Bloody Face (American Horror Story), Norman Bates, Buffalo Bill and a few other horror characters. His crimes are often falsified by film makers and marketed as being based on actual events (looking at you TCM) but the true story of his crimes is far more interesting than the movies. In The Light Of The Moon is based on his life, it's a pretty good movie, as is Deranged: The Confessions of a Necrophile.

If you don't mind subtitles there are a few brilliant foreign horror movies .

Green Butchers.Its a horror/comedy danish film and its way to funny/morbid in some parts...

I LOVE Green Butchers! Mads Mikkelsen  :legend: Can we discuss how he's the PERFECT Hannibal? I swear, I fall in love with him every episode.  :oic2:

I actually liked the 2007? One lol and have any of yall seen the movies The Den, Oculus, and You're Next? All three were AMAZING and I HIGHLY reccommend them

Okay I watched Oculus sliiightly inebriated and that bitch's bangs were such a distraction. The true horror story.