Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

[]

[]

very excited for this movie

I was about to post the same thing! It looks great, I'm also looking forward to Cargo (don't see the trailer is bad and it looks like it has some big spoilers), it's going to be on Netflix soon, and it's produced I think by the guys that made Babadook  :flutter:

8nl2OpX.png

I was about to post the same thing! It looks great, I'm also looking forward to Cargo (don't see the trailer is bad and it looks like it has some big spoilers), it's going to be on Netflix soon, and it's produced I think by the guys that made Babadook :flutter:

i’ll keep an eye open for that! but yes, Hereditary looks terrifying. and i’ve heard terrifying things. so i’m hyped!

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I loved The Strangers: Prey at Night.

I’m going to see A Quiet Place this weekend!

A Quiet Place has amazing reviews! I want to see it so bad, but It will probably be released in my country in 2020 with a title like The House Of the Devil or some shit  :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

can someone recommend some actual GOOD horror/thriller movies?

i haven't seen Scream, should i?

Scream is really good! But it's more of a slasher with some humor in it, and Idk if that's what you're looking for lol but yeah you should watch it anyway is one of those classic ones that I feel that are not overly overrated and it deserves it's praise

8nl2OpX.png

The Ritual, on Netflix.

The only recent horror that stands out to me

it follows is very good and very unique as well. i missed work to see it in theatres. love the old Halloween homage and how classic it feels/is gonna be.

it follows is very good and very unique as well. i missed work to see it in theatres. love the old Halloween homage and how classic it feels/is gonna be.

Silly me has not watched It Follows. Maybe i will tonight. ive only heard good about it

Edit: I watched it and it was boring  :toofunny:  it WAS unique, but i was genuinely bored. what is wrong with me haha

Silly me has not watched It Follows. Maybe i will tonight. ive only heard good about it

Edit: I watched it and it was boring :toofunny: it WAS unique, but i was genuinely bored. what is wrong with me haha

haha it’s not for everyone! i think it’s the tension and the soundtrack that make it so spooky to me. something about it i find unsettling.

where can i watch

It's available on Video On Demand, I'm actually surprised how much I liked this one, I'm not into this rape type of movies, I found them to be pretty hollow and superficial. But this one was just so entertaining, a lot of gore, very well acted and scripted and super cool score and photography. Jesus, what a nerd lol.

PS: also read some comments against the movie because of the female empowerment and women in genenral, god some people are really disgusting. Don't listen, the movie is not feminist propaganda at all, at least I never felt it that way.

8nl2OpX.png

SUSPIRIA [2 November 2018]

A horror film by the director of 'Call Me By Your Name, starring Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Mia Goth, Jessica Harper, and Chloë Grace Moretz. Radiohead singer Thom Yorke composed the score.

This is the reboot of the 1977 film of the same name by Dario Argento.

"Like its predecessor, Suspiria was shot on 35mm film stock, however, in contrast to the original, Guadagnino's film has no primary colours in its palette. The director has described the film's look as "winter-ish, evil, and really dark."

SUSPIRIA [2 November 2018]

A horror film by the director of 'Call Me By Your Name, starring Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Mia Goth, Jessica Harper, and Chloë Grace Moretz. Radiohead singer Thom Yorke composed the score.

This is the reboot of the 1977 film of the same name by Dario Argento.

"Like its predecessor, Suspiria was shot on 35mm film stock, however, in contrast to the original, Guadagnino's film has no primary colours in its palette. The director has described the film's look as "winter-ish, evil, and really dark."

I'm honestly kind of glad they took the colour palette, this will force them to focus on the content more than the visuals, I think they really don't want this to be a Neon Demon 2.0 (No shade, but yeah). I hope the improve the story of the original, tbh I don't find Suspiria so amazing, it has amazing visuals, but I think is one of those "untouchable movies just because they're classics not because they're actually good" type of movies.

8nl2OpX.png

I'm honestly kind of glad they took the colour palette, this will force them to focus on the content more than the visuals, I think they really don't want this to be a Neon Demon 2.0 (No shade, but yeah). I hope the improve the story of the original, tbh I don't find Suspiria so amazing, it has amazing visuals, but I think is one of those "untouchable movies just because they're classics not because they're actually good" type of movies.

You're right. I've watched the original & it was too overdramatic & campy - but that's probably cause it was made so long ago.

Like it's predecessor the film would focus thematically on "the uncompromising force of motherhood." Guadagnino has said the film is explicitly not a remake, but is instead an "homage" to the "powerful emotion" he felt when he first watched the original film. "Human art is not about inventing originality, it's about finding a new point of view", he said. Goth praised Guadagnino's approach, and added, "Actually, it's not really a remake at all, it's a nod of the hat to Dario Argento's version of it. But we definitely do take it to a very different place."

I watched Nekromantik this week.

I don't know why the fuck I did that, a friend told me to watch it because it was a really disturbing (I love disturbing and very dark horror movies). Believe me, I fucking regret

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I watched Nekromantik this week.

I don't know why the fuck I did that, a friend told me to watch it because it was a really disturbing (I love disturbing and very dark horror movies). Believe me, I fucking regret

Was it atleast sexy?