Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

well i know that in turkey i'll be able to watch it cause i can see it on some cinemas schedules but for your country i don't know. maybe u can try to contact amazon or search for you country's distributor

That's what annoys because the film is about to released in like 2-3 months and it's nowhere to be found :rollin:

So a newspaper said It's coming in January, oh well, I guess I'll just wait for that torrent link after all :hooker:

8nl2OpX.png

Honestly there's like two good shark movies and haven't seen The Meg, it looks like a fun blockbuster but I'm broke so I won't spend my $ on it lol, I like Jaws and the last shark film I saw was The Shallows and it was surprisingly good! You should check that one, I also remember Bait 3D and it was cute, please don't watch Shark Night 3D, that's a piece of shit of the size of the Meg so you want to run from that one lol :toofunny:

PS: this is is soooo random but I've always wondered if she got inspiration on the Silent Hill theme for Queen Of The Gas Station, there's some parts that sound really similiar to me lol

(the beginning of SH with the last post chorus of QOTGS to be exact)

Thank you very much! Yeah I actually read the entire synopsis of The Shallow but without watching any trailer or extract because I'm that kind of maso bitch  :toofunny: From what I head though it's indeed one of the few good shark movies... I also read the synopsis of 47 Meters Down because I thought the poster and name were super cool, and watched all the death scenes of Ghost Shark. And Finding Nemo is my favourite movie of all time but does it count lmao. This phobia is actually a huge problem for me when I was little I was TERRIFIED of even taking a shower and after watching Ghost Shark I understand why. It's so specific too like it HAS to be a great white no other shark will do

Why is Shark Night bad if I may ask? Honestly I don't think I would find any shark movie bad because either it's good and it terrifies me and feeds my phobia in a weirdly satisfying way or it's bad and helps me rationalise so it's a win win. I like very small amounts of gore though (although watching the carnage scenes of Piranha and The Cabin really helped with my tolerance) and anything with nails or eyes is a firm no no. I just looked the plot of Bait 3D and it sounds super cool, I thought the shark on the poster was a different one so I wasn't interested but I'm def gonna look into it!

ZKcaooE.png

Guys so I have a MASSIVE shark phobia and also a thick contradiction spirit and a taste for danger and I was wondering if anyone had seen The Meg and what they thought of it so I can eventually pirate it  :smokes3: If the shark is blown up I'm not interested every shark movie does that. Also if there's no on screen death what's the point?

And on the subject - do any of yall have a favourite shark movie? I saw the Pirhana 3D scenes and it just wasn't the same I need me a shark

Honestly there's like two good shark movies and haven't seen The Meg, it looks like a fun blockbuster but I'm broke so I won't spend my $ on it lol, I like Jaws and the last shark film I saw was The Shallows and it was surprisingly good! You should check that one, I also remember Bait 3D and it was cute, please don't watch Shark Night 3D, that's a piece of shit of the size of the Meg so you want to run from that one lol :toofunny:

I went to see The Meg on saturday and to my surprise it was actually pretty good! I love watching Jason Statham (he's charismatic eye candy :flutter:) but it was also entertaining and even thrilling at times. Some obvious jump scares, some less predictable. Apparently they shot some gory scenes but as you probably know it's like PG13 so they left those out and Jason himself has said he didn't like that decision. It didn't really bother me though, I enjoyed it anyways. The Shallows is my favorite shark film, it's good even though the CGI is very messy in the end.

anyone has seen It Comes At Night? does it worth seeing in cinemas

Are they still screening it somewhere? I thought it was okay, I was somewhat disappointed because nothing really happened and it was hyped quite a lot. There's potential but it's pretty much wasted as the film isn't very frightening and the tension between the two families is somewhat bland and the events of the film are predictable. I'm not saying it's bad but it's not great either, I guess I'd recommend to watch it but it doesn't have rewatch value that much.

And yaaasss they just announced that Suspiria's getting a cinematic release here, November 23rd!

Are they still screening it somewhere? I thought it was okay, I was somewhat disappointed because nothing really happened and it was hyped quite a lot. There's potential but it's pretty much wasted as the film isn't very frightening and the tension between the two families is somewhat bland and the events of the film are predictable. I'm not saying it's bad but it's not great either, I guess I'd recommend to watch it but it doesn't have rewatch value that much.

And yaaasss they just announced that Suspiria's getting a cinematic release here, November 23rd!

they'll start to screen it next week in turkey lol. well i saw that it was already on the internet and if it was good enough i thought i can give it a chance to watch it on cinemas but i guess i'll pass.

Here’s a new Halloween trailer! One of my most anticipated horror movies to come in the last few years and I think it looks great. Just in this trailer alone there are about a billion references to the original Halloween II, which was always my favorite one growing up. I can’t wait to be blown away by Jamie Lee Curtis again as Laurie Strode

Also planning on going to see The Nun this weekend at the theatre. The Conjuring series (and Insidious, actually) have been the only real supernatural movies that have scared me over the years, so I’m hoping this one lives up to its predecessors.

I went to see The Meg on saturday and to my surprise it was actually pretty good! I love watching Jason Statham (he's charismatic eye candy :flutter:) but it was also entertaining and even thrilling at times. Some obvious jump scares, some less predictable. Apparently they shot some gory scenes but as you probably know it's like PG13 so they left those out and Jason himself has said he didn't like that decision. It didn't really bother me though, I enjoyed it anyways. The Shallows is my favorite shark film, it's good even though the CGI is very messy in the end.

Thank you very much! I didn't knew it was PG13  :noparty: I'm disappointed, I'm only scared by on screen violence. I think I'm def gonna see it :) But again I will be really pissed if Meggy ends up being blow up lol I need my sharks sliced and diced not blown up by a stupid underwater bomb. Ok also adding The Shallows on my list, even though I essentially spoiled myself the entire story I think it could be nice

ZKcaooE.png

The Nun was pretty good, not quite as scary as the previous films, but it was pretty ~dark~. I loved how it connected to the first two Conjuring films. I would watch it again! Taissa Farmiga was great too.

can someone recommend some actual GOOD horror/thriller movies?

i haven't seen Scream, should i?

Maniac (1980)

Tourist Trap

I Drink Your Blood

The Sentinel 

Alice Sweet Alice

Sisters (1973)

Phantasm

Suspiria

The Nun was pretty good, not quite as scary as the previous films, but it was pretty ~dark~. I loved how it connected to the first two Conjuring films. I would watch it again! Taissa Farmiga was great too.

Probably gonna watch with some friends this week, I'm just hoping that at least is fun lol. Do I need to see The Conjuring 2 and the two Anabelle movies to understand the story?

8nl2OpX.png

Probably gonna watch with some friends this week, I'm just hoping that at least is fun lol. Do I need to see The Conjuring 2 and the two Anabelle movies to understand the story?

No, you don’t need to see either of the Annabelle movies, but I would definitely watch The Conjuring 2!

The Nun was actually really good! The twist with Frenchie at the end got me lol the entire time I was like "Wait...we sure we've never seen this dude? OH-"

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

Also anyone that has seen A Quiet Place, what do you think of Don't Breathe? My sister told me AQP was good but the end was a bit deceiving and since I LOVE postapo but not in horror setting I'm not sure it's worth it. And I'm basically binge reading the best rated horror movies synopses and parental guides on imdb rn as I'm incredibly sleep deprived so I figured Don't Breathe looked nice lol

Btw, now I'm really really getting into horror (who the fuck would've thought, my sister is probably laughing her ass off rn) and this was the first thing that triggered it for me, this short is amazinggggg, it's one of the most renowned horror shorts and even movies though so I'm sure yall have saw it already

ZKcaooE.png

Also anyone that has seen A Quiet Place, what do you think of Don't Breathe? My sister told me AQP was good but the end was a bit deceiving and since I LOVE postapo but not in horror setting I'm not sure it's worth it. And I'm basically binge reading the best rated horror movies synopses and parental guides on imdb rn as I'm incredibly sleep deprived so I figured Don't Breathe looked nice lol

I absolutely love A Quiet Place, Emily Blunt is a goddess, the script is great and it's technically very well made  :worship: I've only seen Don't Breathe once about a year ago or so, I'd recommend it as well. It has some really disturbing scenes but not gore-wise or anything like that.

I absolutely love A Quiet Place, Emily Blunt is a goddess, the script is great and it's technically very well made  :worship: I've only seen Don't Breathe once about a year ago or so, I'd recommend it as well. It has some really disturbing scenes but not gore-wise or anything like that.

I love Emily Blunt too! Both are really good and solid thrillers, Jane Levy is great on Don't Breath

8nl2OpX.png

Sigh. Just saw The Nun and I hated it. I loathe predictable jump scares and this movie is riddled with them but the cinematography is solid. Hereditary is still my favorite horror movie of the year (I will RIOT if Toni Collette is snubbed for an Oscar nom). Can’t wait to see Suspiria though, it looks really good but I can’t help but to wonder what it would’ve looked like if Nicholas Winding Refn directed it...