Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

Sigh. Just saw The Nun and I hated it. I loathe predictable jump scares and this movie is riddled with them but the cinematography is solid. Hereditary is still my favorite horror movie of the year (I will RIOT if Toni Collette is snubbed for an Oscar nom). Can’t wait to see Suspiria though, it looks really good but I can’t help but to wonder what it would’ve looked like if Nicholas Winding Refn directed it...

You shouldn't have said that because now I'm wondering about that as well  :defeated:

Has anyone seen this yet?

https://youtu.be/G9OzG53VwIk

I want to watch it but I never really like to watch creepy or horror stuff by myself, I think its always better to watch with someone :(

I actually just rejoined netflix like 3 days ago and I did it twice by mistake as on my laptop I had one account and on my TV I had another and I forgot about it and I rejoined on one and then went to continue watching on the other and rejoined that too, even worse was I only meant to rejoin standard but on the other one I rejoined Ultra or something and it cost £10 :facepalm:

Is Suspiria worth watching?

The new one? As far as I know it's only been screened at festivals, USA gets it on the 26th but others in November. It's released in the UK for example on November 11th, I have to wait until the 23rd...  :crying4: it's going to be a tough month trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible  :deadbanana:

I've been digging horror anthologies this year.

XX

ABCs of Death

Creepshow

Black Sabbath / The Three Faces Of Fear

Murder Collection. Vol. 1 

Campfire Tales

Dead Of Night

And also a lot of Georges Méliès' films. Not horror by our definition today, but all extremely important for the creation of early horror and special effects/movies in general. 

Anyone have anthology suggestions? I feel like I've watched everything on Netflix already.  

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Has anyone seen this yet?

https://youtu.be/G9OzG53VwIk

I've seen the first two episodes, and I've got to say it's probably one of the best horror themed show since Penny Dreadful, much better than AHS and Castle Rock in my opinion, sadly I haven't been able to watch the third episode and I just can't stop thinking about it lmao it got me really hooked.

Mike Flanagan is so fucking talented.

XX

ABCs of Death

Creepshow

Campfire Tales

Dead Of Night

And also a lot of Georges Méliès' films. Not horror by our definition today, but all extremely important for the creation of early horror and special effects/movies in general. 

Anyone have anthology suggestions? I feel like I've watched everything on Netflix already.

Have you watched Trick 'R Treat? Is a modern classic

8nl2OpX.png

@@TheBoss I'm confused if it's worth it (Haunting of Hill House). The trailer looks like just another typical horror film, nothing new - but the reviews are really good. I had Penny Dreadful in my list but never got around to watch it.

It can't be better than AHS, duh.

^ I'm confused if it's worth it. The trailer looks like just another typical horror film but the reviews are really good. I had Penny Dreadful in my list but never got around to watch it.It can't be better than AHS, duh.

I'm confused, are you talking about The Haunting of Hill House or Trick 'R Treat?

And I' m sorry, AHS it's entertaining imho, but long ago that show doesn't make the Horror in his title justice, plus I'm falling out of love with Ryan Murphy style tbh

Edit: 

Oops just saw the edit, it's a tv show and I haven't seen the trailer and honestly I don't want to spoil myself lol so I can't judge it :creep:

As far as I can say, the show is about a haunted house, but mostly it really focuses on his characters, the acting is very good and Mike Flanagan really knows how to just get a creppy atmosphere or play with the feelings of the characters. 

Still I'm talking just by seeing two episodes, but I still would encourage to check it out :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

After our biggest cinema chain replied that they won't get Suspiria after all, I asked if they could confirm this and this morning someone else running their Twitter account apologized their mistake and apparently it will be out Nov 23rd like it was supposed to. Hallelujah  :defeated: I was already worried because it takes so long for films to come available on blu-ray and the wait would've been unbearable as it's currently the number one film I'm hyped for.

XX

ABCs of Death

Creepshow

Campfire Tales

Dead Of Night

Holidays is good, so you might like that. VHS is good if you haven't seen it. The sequels, not so much, but the first one is very good. 

After our biggest cinema chain replied that they won't get Suspiria after all, I asked if they could confirm this and this morning someone else running their Twitter account apologized their mistake and apparently it will be out Nov 23rd like it was supposed to. Hallelujah :defeated: I was already worried because it takes so long for films to come available on blu-ray and the wait would've been unbearable as it's currently the number one film I'm hyped for.

I was pretty excited for Suspiria but after reading the reviews I'm not THAT much. I'll watch it when it releases though. You should read it's soundtrack list. It's so poetic & arty.

2-CD Tracklist:

CD1

01. A Storm That Took Everything

02. The Hooks

03. Suspirium

04. Belongings Thrown in a River

05. Has Ended

06. Klemperer Walks

07. Open Again

08. Sabbath Incantation

09. The Inevitable Pull

10. Olga’s Destruction (Volk tape)

11. The conjuring of Anke

12. A light green

13. Unmade

14. The Jumps

CD2

01. Volk

02. The Universe is Indifferent

03. The Balance of Things

04. A Soft Hand Across your Face

05. Suspirium Finale

06. A Choir of One

07. Synthesizer Speaks

08. The Room of Compartments

09. An Audition

10. Voiceless Terror

11. The Epilogue

I was pretty excited for Suspiria but after reading the reviews I'm not THAT much. I'll watch it when it releases though. You should read it's soundscore tracklist. It's so poetic & arty.

i saw someone on twitter say that it was like black swan, but without the depth (or something like that) 

but idc it looks good, and mia goth is so pretty imo

So for Halloween i wanna watch something original and not cheap box office jumpscares

And certainly not some unoriginal remake

Can anyone suggest something thats not entirely gore-horror, or predictable with a twist ending they thought would leave us shook?

Something smart, leaning towards thriller if it has to?

So for Halloween i wanna watch something original and not cheap box office jumpscares

And certainly not some unoriginal remake

Can anyone suggest something thats not entirely gore-horror, or predictable with a twist ending they thought would leave us shook?

Something smart, leaning towards thriller if it has to?

Maybe The Others? It has no gore as I remember and it's a great movie, it stars Nicole Kidman

8nl2OpX.png