Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

I just came back from watching the new Halloween, and it's incredible. I'm actually so impressed, it's such a solid sequel and I would be totally down if they want to do more, I missed Laurie Strode so much  :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

I just came back from watching the new Halloween, and it's incredible. I'm actually so impressed, it's such a solid sequel and I would be totally down if they want to do more, I missed Laurie Strode so much :defeated:

WASNT IT??!??!? OH MY GOD I AM SO BEYOND SATISFIED. IT WAS SO GENUINELY INCREDIBLE. LAURIE’S TRAUMA WAS SO WELL DONE & HER BACK&FORTH WITH MICHAEL WAS SO PERFECTLY DRAWN OUT. &&& ALL THE EASTER EGGS MADE ME SO HAPPY. IT TOOK FROM THE ORIGINAL AND ADDED TO IT IN SO MANY COOL WAYS!!!!

I LIVED FOR THE SCENE WITH THE MOTION-DETECTOR LIGHTS!! LOL

14417469274.gif

WASNT IT??!??!? OH MY GOD I AM SO BEYOND SATISFIED. IT WAS SO GENUINELY INCREDIBLE. LAURIE’S TRAUMA WAS SO WELL DONE & HER BACK&FORTH WITH MICHAEL WAS SO PERFECTLY DRAWN OUT. &&& ALL THE EASTER EGGS MADE ME SO HAPPY. IT TOOK FROM THE ORIGINAL AND ADDED TO IT IN SO MANY COOL WAYS!!!!

did you stay through the credits? i haven’t seen it yet but i read that there was something after the credits

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I knoooow there was so many easter eggs to the original ugh I loved it :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

okay Halloween was amazing! the only problems i had with it was that twist in the 3rd act (i quickly got over it) and the lack of character development of those who get killed off. we don’t really get much time to adapt or root for them. (though maybe that’s the point, but still) they’re kinda just brought in and killed after 5 minutes of screen time. but overall it was a really fun and successful sequel. i def recommend

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I'm seeing Halloween next week! I'm not really that excited but it'll be interesting. I've only seen the first one once when I was in elementary school, our parents went out so my cousin came to look after us and when my sister went to sleep around midnight, me and my cousin watched the first one on TV late af  :lmao:  

Btw y'all who are going to watch Suspiria sooner or later, apparently it'll have a post credits scene as well.

Halloween movie was spectacular! It lived up to my expectations and was everything I was hoping for. The pacing was great because it didn't drag on like some horror movies tend to do. The added humor was a nice touch as it didn't take away from the vibe of the film. Overall, the movie was an A+ for me. Jamie Lee Curtis snapped big time and I hope she gets all the glory and praise for it.

Okay this is on the edge of being off topic but the score for Suspiria is so good  :defeated: I've only listened through the full thing once but I have tracks like The Hooks, Klemperer Walks, The Jumps and Suspirium Finale playing on repeat all the time. The strings in The Hooks give me the chills and there's some sounds from the scene, hooks stabbing flesh as the person being stabbed mumbles/cries silently. The synths in The Jumps and An Audition are so dreamy and the 7-minute, guitar featuring orchestral version of Suspirium which is Suspirium Finale, is even better than the 3-minute piano version. It'll be interesting to see whether it'll play during the climax or end credits, although I think it's going to be the latter since I can imagine A Choir of One taking place during the finale. It wasn't really my cup of tea on my first listen as it's 14 minutes of choir. I'm really digging the score, I'll be sure to pick my copy of the CD tomorrow on my way to Halloween:flutter:

Edit: Oh yeah looking forward to this one, loving how Sarah is in about everything these days and also yaaassss Trevante from Moonlight!

I'm so happy y'all are satisfied with Halloween movie.

I'll probably watch it on Halloween night, if my friend decides to take me out. :toofunny:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

lol

no but everyone obvs can have their own opinion, but after now knowing the entire structure line of the film i didn't like that 

a) the entire film made jamie lee looks like a crazy person and never really gave her credit for her fear/saving her family/just kind of weird they all played her off when she has a legitimate fear but okay

b) when michael finally gets out i feel like a lot of the killings weren't necessary to the plot or moving the story forward (didn't need to kill random strangers in the house like the lady in the window, and didn't really need to see the friends being killed because the granddaughter never went to the house anyway so to our knowledge she doesn't even find out they are dead until after the events in the film) (it kind of just felt like a video game like 'i have to kill this lady to acquire the knife' when any house has a knife he can grab)

c) so much time was spent of tracking down michael that it just jumps to the point when jamie lee can finally fight him back which is the whole point of going to this film (at least to me) and when we get there, they just quickly summarize the family drama to a sentence out of nowhere, then have the whole fighting happening until he gets trapped in the basement (which was cool i liked that) but it was all so quick it almost feels like parts of the film were missing

d) do you expect me to believe they just LEFT the house and didn't wait to see his burned body??????????????? jamie lee spent forty fucking years waiting for this and you expect me to believe she's naive now??????? what???????

also what was the part with the doctor honestly, don't put this weird moment in when he wears the mask like it's just an unnecessary distraction i think

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

lol

no but everyone obvs can have their own opinion, but after now knowing the entire structure line of the film i didn't like that

a) the entire film made jamie lee looks like a crazy person and never really gave her credit for her fear/saving her family/just kind of weird they all played her off when she has a legitimate fear but okay

b) when michael finally gets out i feel like a lot of the killings weren't necessary to the plot or moving the story forward (didn't need to kill random strangers in the house like the lady in the window, and didn't really need to see the friends being killed because the granddaughter never went to the house anyway so to our knowledge she doesn't even find out they are dead until after the events in the film) (it kind of just felt like a video game like 'i have to kill this lady to acquire the knife' when any house has a knife he can grab)

c) so much time was spent of tracking down michael that it just jumps to the point when jamie lee can finally fight him back which is the whole point of going to this film (at least to me) and when we get there, they just quickly summarize the family drama to a sentence out of nowhere, then have the whole fighting happening until he gets trapped in the basement (which was cool i liked that) but it was all so quick it almost feels like parts of the film were missing

d) do you expect me to believe they just LEFT the house and didn't wait to see his burned body??????????????? jamie lee spent forty fucking years waiting for this and you expect me to believe she's naive now??????? what???????

also what was the part with the doctor honestly, don't put this weird moment in when he wears the mask like it's just an unnecessary distraction i think

I do agree with some of this, though I still really loved the movie. I hadn’t even thought of the point you made about Alyson not even knowing what happened to her friends so what was the point? I wish they’d let Michael stalk more & be creepy like in the original, instead of focusing on the body count. But I’m still pretty happy with it. :)

I hope now that they’re not worried about fan service & a solid return for the series, that they focus on making the sequel really scary & creepy. We better get it next Halloween! They’ve definitely made 10x more than the budget already so we know it’s happening. :flutter:

14417469274.gif