Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

So, idk if you know him, but I really like and trust Chris Stuckman reviews and appearently the new Ouija sequel is actually great, wich is a total suprise because the first film was pure shit so I'm quite hyped right now.

i've never heard of him but that's good to know!

although, i never trust any reviews when it comes to horror films or other's opinions because a horror film can be REALLY great but some people are just like "it didn't scare me, it was stupid. and i'm like that's not how you judge a film.

~INSTA1.gif

i've never heard of him but that's good to know!

although, i never trust any reviews when it comes to horror films or other's opinions because a horror film can be REALLY great but some people are just like "it didn't scare me, it was stupid. and i'm like that's not how you judge a film.

You should check his stuff, he's really cool and objective, I like him because we have really similar taste in films lol also there's this blog (https://thehorrorclub.blogspot.com/) where a guy post reviews and keeps updated with teathrical, vod and bluray/dvd releases so you can know whats new to watch every week

8nl2OpX.png

You should check his stuff, he's really cool and objective, I like him because we have really similar taste in films lol also there's this blog (https://thehorrorclub.blogspot.com/) where a guy post reviews and keeps updated with teathrical, vod and bluray/dvd releases so you can know whats new to watch every week

oh sweet thank you! i subscribed to his youtube channel but i'll bookmark the blog too!

~INSTA1.gif

So, idk if you know him, but I really like and trust Chris Stuckman reviews and appearently the new Ouija sequel is actually great, wich is a total suprise because the first film was pure shit so I'm quite hyped right now.

I saw it the other night, it was amazing!! Beautiful camerawork, great set design + costumes.

A lot of really good effects & well-done scares. The family was actually likable too. 

Mike Flanagan is a ridiculously talented director. You saw Hush, right? He directed both of these! 

The little girl (Doris <3) killed the role btw, she was adorable when required and also played off being possessed very well.

I really loved this movie.  :smile3:

14417469274.gif

I saw it the other night, it was amazing!! Beautiful camerawork, great set design + costumes.

A lot of really good effects & well-done scares. The family was actually likable too. 

Mike Flanagan is a ridiculously talented director. You saw Hush, right? He directed both of these! 

The little girl (Doris <3) killed the role btw, she was adorable when required and also played off being possessed very well.

I really loved this movie.  :smile3:

Yes, I've watched Hush, I found it really overrated tho, it was kind of a disappointment for me, but the direction was great

8nl2OpX.png

Yes, I've watched Hush, I found it really overrated tho, it was kind of a disappointment for me, but the direction was great

Lol yeah I feel this. I personally didn't like that he took his mask off, even though it was necessary to move the plot forward I guess. It was more thriller than horror / slasher, but I did love the concept! Ouija is definitely a fun watch though; I wasn't really disappointed. There's even some camp thrown in there lol. Groovy movie. :yesnod:

This movie ruined my halloween:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRP-4f_vyrY

Want an advise? Never ever ever ("getting back together" :creep: ) trust in a movie that has 4 stars on Netflix. Always read the reviews first!  :crossed:

This looks pretty interesting! Are you saying it was disappointing or that it was way too scary? Lol 

14417469274.gif

Everybody needs to see Train To Busan ASAP, seriously is so fucking good, the best zombie movie I've seen in years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyWuHv2-Abk

I wonder if I got it recommended from here??? Anyways yeah it's very good! It's kinda dramatic but it stays interesting. I accidentally got in with no subs or anything so I watched it all in Korean but I was able to follow it well.

That basically started a zombie movie interest so recommend some please.

Lol yeah I feel this. I personally didn't like that he took his mask off, even though it was necessary to move the plot forward I guess. It was more thriller than horror / slasher, but I did love the concept! Ouija is definitely a fun watch though; I wasn't really disappointed. There's even some camp thrown in there lol. Groovy movie. :yesnod:

This looks pretty interesting! Are you saying it was disappointing or that it was way too scary? Lol 

I think it was very poetic, it does looked like a interesting movie. But I feel that nothing really happened. In the beggining, I was waiting something scary. But in the half of the movie, me and my sister were just waiting for something excited to happen because it was getting really boring. I'm not that angry anymore with the movie so I can say that it was kinda of a beautiful narration (like I said, it was poetic). But it was frustrating because, when you go to see a horror movie, you want something scary, right? Something that would make you feel worried and anxious for the characters. This movie don't have this, I think I felt something just twice. Maybe this was why the movie received so many bad reviews on Netflix: people were waiting for fear, but all they had was just a reflective narration (at least this was what a review said, I can't remember where tho :toofunny: ). If you want to watch, just have in mind that it will be very slow and it won't happen nothing that exciting (at least for me, this is up to you :whatever: ).

I think I would give 2,5 stars, maximum 3 stars. It's interesting, but imo, it's terrible for a horror movie. :wtf:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I wonder if I got it recommended from here??? Anyways yeah it's very good! It's kinda dramatic but it stays interesting. I accidentally got in with no subs or anything so I watched it all in Korean but I was able to follow it well.

That basically started a zombie movie interest so recommend some please.

IKR it's really interesting, I know that 28 Days Later is good, I've never finished it tho, REC and the remake from Dawn Of the Dead is also really good

8nl2OpX.png

lmao that was so entertaining!! wheres part two

The other parts will be in the feature-length version! They need promotion and support. :) 

https://www.facebook.com/nightoftheslasher/

if you guys watched the film & enjoyed it, you should give them a like and share the video. :w8ing: 

14417469274.gif

finally I've got the time to finish "The Invitation (2015/2016)", it's quite intense even tho the pace is quite sloe in the first hour,

and it's more thriller than horror

I had to sit down three different times to finish this because my roommates hated it so much but it really picked up! I was even into the slow bits though lol

finally I've got the time to finish "The Invitation (2015/2016)", it's quite intense even tho the pace is quite sloe in the first hour,

and it's more thriller than horror

i wanna watch this but i've been hesitant because it doesn't have many stars.

~INSTA1.gif