delreyfreak

Favorite Lana Boyfriend

I don't love Francesco, but he's the most glamorous and they make a good looking couple. I was sad when they fought at LAX. But yesterday they were having a blast at LAX, so I can rest easy for now.

Bury me to Bel Air.

She never dated Jimmy, confirmed by him (plus never really any evidence besides the sing Jimmy Gnecco).

i have to say that "confirmation" by him felt weird and incomplete. i remember the facebook post denying they dated and claiming they met in jan 2014. there was a comment there alleging that at lana's show he had said they'd known each other for several years. i also remember some other statement he made where he eluded to maybe being able to tell the truth one day? i don't quite remember, but i do remember it struck me as odd. i'm not trying to be a deluded stan but i really do think there's more to it than what he's letting on.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i have to say that "confirmation" by him felt weird and incomplete. i remember the facebook post denying they dated and claiming they met in jan 2014. there was a comment there alleging that at lana's show he had said they'd known each other for several years. i also remember some other statement he meant where he eluded to maybe being able to tell the truth one day? i don't quite remember, but i do remember it struck me as odd. i'm not trying to be a deluded stan but i really do think there's more to it than what he's letting on.

I took the "we met in Jan 2014" to refer to talking about the song Ultraviolence. He says that and then he says that it's about Jim Bean the alcohol. I don't think he was trying to say "I met Lana for the first time in January 2014" but "I met with her in January 2014 (and she told me about the song)." It's awkwardly phrased, but I can't imagine he's trying to pass off as never having met Lana before.

Remember that one guy who posted on Lanalysis saying that Lana was "obsessed" with Jimmy? I guess it's up to anyone if they believe this random user or not, but I feel like the evidence (or rather, lack of) is really suspicious. We have pictures of her with Arthur Lynn, but little to none with Jimmy. Most speculation involves having a 'secret affair' with Jimmy or something along those lines to explain the lack of photos. Arthur Lynn is also a guitarist and could fit most of the "Jimmy" tropes of being a local rockstar and 'violent' (praying that's a metaphor). I don't know much about her and Reeve Carney, just that he and Jimmy knew each other. I don't know if there's any consensus on what her and Reeve's relationship was, if there was any relationship at all, but it might be worth pointing out.

I think there could have been something between them once, but I don't think there was a long-term relationship. Maybe not even a relationship at all; it could have been one time thing she hung onto. It would explain why she wrote a song about him (he has the dubious honor of being the only person she's known to be explicitly named in a song) where he 'kissed her in the dark.' I think she had a fantasy about him, like she had about Mr. Campbell, and maybe the fantasy was sparked by an experience, but not a real relationship. He is definitely a mystery.

@@salvatore yeah but the point is

Jimmy in private: *apparently laughs to family members about Lana's former obsession with him*

Jimmy in public: *writes Fall Into My Hands literally about Lana when BTD comes out, supposedly ignorant of once knowing her and therefore supposedly ignorant of her once being obsessed with him*

Jimmy in public: *expresses all sorts of gratitude toward her after going on tour with her*

Jimmy in public: *literally implies a rocky past between the two, contradicting original statements on the writing of FIMH*

Jimmy in public: *denies relationship but then denies knowing her pre-fame but then talks about this to his family who then reply to instagram comments about the topic*

I mean??? Homeboy is inconsistent and even less of a trustworthy authority on the topic than Lana

Jimmy in private: *apparently laughs to family members about Lana's former obsession with him*

Jimmy in public: *writes Fall Into My Hands literally about Lana when BTD comes out, supposedly ignorant of once knowing her and therefore supposedly ignorant of her once being obsessed with him*

Jimmy in public: *expresses all sorts of gratitude toward her after going on tour with her*

Jimmy in public: *literally implies a rocky past between the two, contradicting original statements on the writing of FIMH*

Jimmy in public: *denies relationship but then denies knowing her pre-fame but then talks about this to his family who then reply to instagram comments about the topic*

I mean??? Homeboy is inconsistent and even less of a trustworthy authority on the topic than Lana

All true, imo, but he was outright defending himself from idiotic accusations that he was an abuser. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I didn't know about FIMH. I'll have to look his statements up, that's cray. Thanks for the tip!

When you say rocky past, what do you mean? Where can I look this up? I don't know much about Gnecco, honestly; most of what I know comes from your Lanalysis post actually *hides under covers* And when you say "going on tour with her," what tour is this referring to? I know he opened for her once, but I looked it up and only got stuff about 2014. I don't know her tour stuff very well, so maybe it's just recent results covering old ones.

The instagram post did not deny knowing her prefame.

He said:

"I met Lana in January of 2014."

Meeting someone does not entail "encountering someone for the very first time."

Meet

(heading) Of individuals: to make personal contact.

• ​To come face to face with by accident; to encounter [quotations ▼]

Fancy meeting you here!  Guess who I met at the supermarket today?

• To come face to face with someone by arrangement.  [quotations ▼]

Let's meet at the station at 9 o'clock.  Shall we meet at 8 p.m in our favorite chatroom?

And to avoid confusion... are we talking about the same post? I didn't know there was more than one Instagram post.

21j2fc3.png

"I met Lana in January 2014. The Jim she sings about is Jim Bean." He's saying he met with her and she told him she was singing about alcohol. I can get why people think he's saying this is when they first met, but I don't think that's what he meant at all.

post-5660-0-98846100-1411906821.png

This is a Facebook post, not from Instagram, but it's still relevant because he says "on the night we met in January of 2014." I guess this photo is to prove that he never abused her because she wouldn't take a photo with him all smiley if he hit her and it felt like a kiss?

I'll look up Jimmy stuff when I have time. He does sound oddly inconsistent about his relationship with Lana - "she's a crazy stalker but I wrote this song about her but we had a rocky relationship but thanks for letting me tour with you but we never dated."

Out of curiosity, is he still your favorite Lana mystery?

WHAT I DONT GET   if lana gave up alcohol soooooo long ago, then why is she still singing about it??

its all very fishy to me  :um:

Because you remain an alcoholic all your life in most cases. Sober or not. It's mental. Alcohol was like one of her first lovers, the ones you usually never forget.

Because you remain an alcoholic all your life in most cases. Sober or not. It's mental. Alcohol was like one of her first lovers, the ones you usually never forget.

loool i realise that, i know many alcoholics and i think its highly unlikely that they would be making the main love in their song a bottle of whiskey after 10 years of sobriety  :facepalm:

if so thats a bit sad of her lool... dont believe it at all

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

loool i realise that, i know many alcoholics and i think its highly unlikely that they would be making the main love in their song a bottle of whiskey after 10 years of sobriety  :facepalm:

if so thats a bit sad of her lool... dont believe it at all

different people react to things in different ways...just because the people you know wouldn't doesn't mean that everybody wouldn't and this doesn't devalue their experiences in anyway

can't believe i just had to explain that....

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

different people react to things in different ways...just because the people you know wouldn't doesn't mean that everybody wouldn't and this doesn't devalue their experiences in anyway

can't believe i just had to explain that....

i dont believe her cos ol' jimmy gnecco said it loool

just my opinion darlin dont get ur knickers in a twist about it

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif