Sitar

Lana Interviews With Inquirer.net: "I was very wild."

Lana loves the ’50s and ’60s so much that she described herself as “gangsta Nancy Sinatra.”

This is getting

SO

FUCKING

ANNOYING

I think Lana is very ambivalent about performing live. She definitely enjoys the songwriting & recording process, but touring is just a big grind the way it's been happening. She needs to rethink how it's done and make it more like special events rather then just doing all the same gigs again just with newer songs. Make each concert a theatrical type event. Leverage her talent for visuals somehow.

This is getting

SO

FUCKING

ANNOYING

That is so early 2012. You'd think the media would have a new angle by now.

I don't get your problem with her saying she night write some non-"autobiographic" lyrics. Let's be real ... singing about love, the american way of life and bad boys is not getting more interesting. I am sure there still will be a lot of songs like this but I would be glad if she wrote songs that actually tell a story or a thought/feeling of her that's not linked to a love affair (or at least not from the "I will love you until the end of time no matter what happens" - perspective). I also like her idea of doing more cinematic songs (visually + lyrics-wise). A little bit of diversion never killed somebody.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

That was really intimate. For some reason I just loved reading that she likes to write when it's hot out. Oh and hit up Princess Superstar for that surrealist ish!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i love it when she talks about her past  :flutter:

shame about the touring part, but the whole thing is getting kind of boring now. same songs everytime 

Make each concert a theatrical type event. Leverage her talent for visuals somehow.

that would be amazing

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

WTF, why can't she use the word summertime?

It obviously has something to do with Summertime Sadness and how successful it was, but what...why?

Idgi but it seems so annoying to be restricted in that way...what if this prevents her from coming up with another masterpiece in the vein of Summertime Sadness?

It's a joke  :air:

She is so contradictory to herself. At Coachella in the interview by the port-a-potty she said, "I'm a road dog, you know? I've been on tour for years so why stop now? I'll just tour forever." Now she's saying that being on the road makes her unhappy? I just don't get her!

I don't get your problem with her saying she night write some non-"autobiographic" lyrics. Let's be real ... singing about love, the american way of life and bad boys is not getting more interesting. I am sure there still will be a lot of songs like this but I would be glad if she wrote songs that actually tell a story or a thought/feeling of her that's not linked to a love affair (or at least not from the "I will love you until the end of time no matter what happens" - perspective). I also like her idea of doing more cinematic songs (visually + lyrics-wise). A little bit of diversion never killed somebody.

For an artist whose vision has been ingrained since her very first works, unfortunately I don't think Lana will ever change. Sorry

She is so contradictory to herself. At Coachella in the interview by the port-a-potty she said, "I'm a road dog, you know? I've been on tour for years so why stop now? I'll just tour forever." Now she's saying that being on the road makes her unhappy? I just don't get her!

People are allowed to change their minds...

People are allowed to change their minds...

I don't think she changed her mind, the road-dog stuff was just bullsh*t. Ever since she performed live, she made it obvious she's definitly not enjoying it.

For an artist whose vision has been ingrained since her very first works, unfortunately I don't think Lana will ever change. Sorry

I know. I don't expect it, but i don't see why some people whine around about her saying she wants to change something. It's not as if she did the so called autobiographic style in almost everything we have so far, and that's a lot of stuff if you look at the unreleased songs.

I will still love Lana if she decides that all that she wants to sing about is love, bad boys and americana references but I would welcome it if she tried something different, even if it wouldn't be as good as the ususal stuff.

I don't think she changed her mind, the road-dog stuff was just bullsh*t. Ever since she performed live, she made it obvious she's definitly not enjoying it.

This is nonsense. There are a tonne of shows where she's obviously enjoying herself. I think she answers interviews how she's feeling at that moment, not as a statement of her general attitude towards shows.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

This is nonsense. There are a tonne of shows where she's obviously enjoying herself. I think she answers interviews how she's feeling at that moment, not as a statement of her general attitude towards shows.

Enjoying a show and enjoying to perform in general are two pairs of shoes. I agree with you, I think she is far more confortable with it now than in 2012. But still, if you read lots of her interwievs, she definitly didn't enjoy it a lot. Why do you think she is so limited in the things she says on stage or why she cancles so many performances on TV? Remember this thing when she was asked about the so called "tears" during Video Games? The answer didn't seem like she was happy, even though I would think so if I watch videos from this concert.

What I like about these interviews, or what I like to think of as small snippets into the psyche of Queen Lana, is that they show the obvious growth, the change, she has experienced over the course of her career and her being exposed to media scrutiny. She has matured so much, gotten stronger artistically and mentally, and whereas in times past, where it was a little difficult to understand what she was expressing verbally, I feel that now she is quite clear as to who she is, and that comes across perfectly now. I cannot wait for the new music. It is going to kill all of us dead!  :defeated:

Cool  now where is the album Lizzy sis?

:teehee:  :teehee:

Depression and anxiety will kill her someday. She really needs help. She kinda said her "goal" this year is to be happy so yeah I think she needs help.