Trash Magic

Father John Misty

AKA J. Tillman 

fjm-iloveyouhoneybear.jpg

-

In lieu of a great knowledge about him i'll let somebody compose a good intro page.

Obviously checked him out because of Lana, listening to I Love You, Honeybear right now and instantly grasped. He has such a classic voice, reminds me of John Denver. I could definitely be a fan..

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I found the album surprisingly accessible i thought id have to force myself to like it

Fear Fun is really good too. What are your favorites? I love Holy Shit and When You're Smiling Astride me, and pretty much all of the songs.

I love his songwriting because there's that good amount of irony and humor, but at the same time there's so much truth and stuff that's pretty autobiological. Production in the music is also so excellent, the laugh track in Bored in the USA is one of my favorite things ever.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Fear Fun is really good too. What are your favorites? I love Holy Shit and When You're Smiling Astride me, and pretty much all of the songs.

I love his songwriting because there's that good amount of irony and humor, but at the same time there's so much truth and stuff that's pretty autobiological. Production in the music is also so excellent, the laugh track in Bored in the USA is one of my favorite things ever.

Favourite songs straight away were The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apt., The Ideal Husband, Bored In The USA and Holy S**t.

Imma need to explore the J Tillman stuff too I'm in love

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Father John Misty @ Lollapalooza mocking the commercialization of the festival joking that platinum pass holders "get to dry hump Lanna [sic] Del Rey", amongst other perks (3:47-4:35):

:awk:  :lmao:

P.S. Implicit Icona Pop ("some girl earlier") shade from 0:00-0:35. :teehee:

P.P.S. Father John Misty's between-song stand-up act/stage banter was the highlight of Lollapalooza, not Lana.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Favourite songs straight away were The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apt., The Ideal Husband, Bored In The USA and Holy S**t.

Imma need to explore the J Tillman stuff too I'm in love

His J Tillman stuff is really dark and brooding and different but also good in a very different way

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Have you listened to his previous album "Fear Fun"? It's just as brooding. I really like FJM's old Christain-Byzantine like imagery. And I played "Bored In The USA" for my school's scholarship lady. She laughed with the laugh track. Creative twist on music. I wish I could see him in concert, but his shows in my state are 21+!

Got Honeybear on vinyl today, the holes won't fit on my record player so I emailed the record company. Awaiting their response.  :defeated:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Got Honeybear on vinyl today, the holes won't fit on my record player so I emailed the record company. Awaiting their response.  :defeated:

In the meantime take a knife (or a box cutter) and spin it around in the hole, it will scrape off enough to get it on, I've had to do this several times with records, and it works fine

In the meantime take a knife (or a box cutter) and spin it around in the hole, it will scrape off enough to get it on, I've had to do this several times with records, and it works fine

I already tried that tbh, didn't work  :defeated:

I already tried that tbh, didn't work  :defeated:

We'll have fun dealing with Sub Pop, their customer service was super shitty to me when they sent me out those warped deluxe versions of ILYHB and then took months to send replacements to everyone.

Father John Misty is so fucking cool.

I saw him in Austin, TX...he was amazing. His dancing made me laugh all night. I'm seeing him again at Lollapalooza...so excited now that I know the lyrics to most songs.

Really good. I can see why Lana loves him.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

We'll have fun dealing with Sub Pop, their customer service was super shitty to me when they sent me out those warped deluxe versions of ILYHB and then took months to send replacements to everyone.

Yikes. Maybe I'll just contact Urban Outfitters. It's been 2 days and nothing from sup pop yet.

Yikes. Maybe I'll just contact Urban Outfitters. It's been 2 days and nothing from sup pop yet.

Yeah for sure email them, their customer service will send you a return label and will ship you another, I've exchanged bad records with them plenty times before, UO's customer service is surprisingly extremely pleasant to deal with

Yeah for sure email them, their customer service will send you a return label and will ship you another, I've exchanged bad records with them plenty times before, UO's customer service is surprisingly extremely pleasant to deal with

I found the tool I was looking for and I fixed it. I kinda hope Sub Pop doesn't reply now.  :facepalm: I was worried that prying it off my turntable would've affected it but it sounds beautiful.  :flutter: