Trash Magic

Father John Misty

I saw that he's coming to Sweden (across the country from where I live though) and a part of me wants to go even if I still don't know all his songs really (I listened through all his albums a few days ago). Mr. Tillman and Disappointed Diamonds Are the Rarest of Them All sounded great and I hope his next album will be too, but like... it's not like I can afford to buy a ticket and travel to see him right now... so I pretty much watch and see all the tickets slowly go until I might get some more money to spend...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Please don't die is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Elton John, both very early (the Elton John and Tumbleweed albums) and then througout his career (Someone saved my life tonight (and butterflies are free to fly, fly away, so fucking high away bye bye) and then his more recent organic songs.

If Paul Buckmaster were still alive I would say he had something to do in the production, but he isn't.

As I am a big Elton fan, I like the song. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

my ranking after one listen -

Just Dumb Enough to Try

God’s Favorite Customer

Please Don’t Die

The Songwriter

Disappointing Diamonds...

Mr Tillman

Date Night

Hangout at the Gallows

We’re Only People

The Palace

I'm basing all this off of only my third listen. 

My favorite tracks are Hangout At The Gallows, The Palace, God's Favorite Customer, and Date Night.

I really enjoy the album. I'm glad that him and Emma are in a better place now. Some of the songs are just heartbreaking.

they were really in a bad place? i feelt this  :ohno:

That's how I see things. 

In an article he stated that he was living in a hotel for two months, and that the album is a heartache album.

The Palace really made me sad because of the line "Last night I texted your iPhone

And said I think I'm ready to come home". Whatever they were going through, I'm glad that everything is better.

i still haven’t listened to the new album :x

is it better than pure comedy

I think so, I never really made it all the way through PC but I love this album.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I'm actually kinda disappointed in his new album...

Mr.Tillman is a solid song, though. But idk...this album isn't doing anything for me. :/

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven