Trash Magic

Father John Misty

Real Love Baby is on Spotify. this next album going to be psychedelic infused?  :defeated:  I've been so obsessed with both of his albums this year. Such a classic voice......

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Could "The night josh tillman came to our appartment" be about lana?

http://genius.com/Father-john-misty-the-night-josh-tillman-came-to-our-apt-lyrics

if so, that would be pretty insulting. I've been wondering about their relationship. Talking about the freak video on the brit award red carpet he was like "I enjoyed just being her pupped. I like being told what to do" and I was wondering if he was lowkey dissing her with that. like "I had nothing to do with the video. I just did what she telled me" 

I dont think she would talk so good about him if that would be true tho

http://genius.com/Father-john-misty-the-night-josh-tillman-came-to-our-apt-lyrics

if so, that would be pretty insulting. I've been wondering about their relationship. Talking about the freak video on the brit award red carpet he was like "I enjoyed just being her pupped. I like being told what to do" and I was wondering if he was lowkey dissing her with that. like "I had nothing to do with the video. I just did what she telled me" 

Omg, Lana said her favourite Christmas carol was Silent Night  :hdu: I think they're big friends though! And they still see each other, since the pic Emma took of her and Chuck was recent!

ZKcaooE.png

I have loved Fear Fun so much this whole summer. I think it's ever better than ILYHoneybear. I'm reading up about his albums as J.Tillman and there's so many... I'm listening to a few songs on youtube and his voice is so different it's much softer and whispery. I don't know if I like it :crossed:  The J.Tillman stuff seems to indie and uninteresting for me :toofunny:  Is anybody a super fan and is familiar with his entire catalog? Which are stand out tracks?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i've heard about him for the first time because of his taylor swift's covers in the velvet underground style, i loved them! i also really like his albums but i wish he'd make more TVU inspired covers... maybe of some Lana songs, that would be awesome!

nsaalk.jpg

Wow, but this was posted 2 days ago when Trump was NOT president. Also it's not an FJM song but a cover.

I understand people are upset that Trump won, and I can understand that this is an interesting test case for free speech (i.e. pop songs as a kind of fiction (maybe Tim Heidecker has said something like that?); however, the lyrics make me uncomfortable. Whatever you think of Trump, he won fair and square. It is as unAmerican as anything you can imagine Trump capable of, not to give him, the people's choice, the chance to govern and "make America great again". I wish him success. I also hope the checks and balances in the system will prevent him from doing anything too horrible, which is always a danger for anybody in the office of president.

I also hope the checks and balances in the system will prevent him from doing anything too horrible, which is always a danger for anybody in the office of president.

It's a lot harder when every branch is red

BzhmW.png

you certainly doesn't understand irony baby  :um:  (he is know for his big irony and smartness)

Real Love Baby is too much good! i'm already anxious for the new album.