Trash Magic

Father John Misty

I think him and his wife are just a perfect couple. It's so clear that there is an unbreakable bond between them,  and that they are so stable and creative together. 

I love the new song too. 

I AM waiting for the Lana collab though. Why on earth he wasn't somewhere on LFL I'll never know. 

I'm admiring FJM from a distance for a long time but now decided to fully wholeheartedly listen to I Love You Honeybear and for a couple of days I've been thinking The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment was about Lana until I watched the video and realized he kind of disses himself and shows that he has to live with himself and all of his problematic ass? That he's the one being overly pretentious?

I need some bigger fans to dig into this for me because I can't sleep properly without getting this

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I'm admiring FJM from a distance for a long time but now decided to fully wholeheartedly listen to I Love You Honeybear and for a couple of days I've been thinking The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment was about Lana until I watched the video and realized he kind of disses himself and shows that he has to live with himself and all of his problematic ass? That he's the one being overly pretentious?

I need some bigger fans to dig into this for me because I can't sleep properly without getting this

The whole song is basically an insult to her

BzhmW.png

The whole song is basically an insult to her

But do we know for sure? I shit on my friends all the time but that's quite a fuckin lot he did there if it's about her?

On the other hand everything in the verses seems to suit her

I think it's more of the second one. It's an insult to himself/calling himself out. He's with someone (who may or may not be Lana) and is judging them harshly for the things they say and do, that they are too flighty and use phrases like "like literally" and "music is the air I breathe", but then realizes that the problem he has isn't with the person, it's with himself. In the end, he's a lot more similiar to the woman than he wants to admit. Either that woman is similiar to who he is now or maybe who he used to be (perhaps why the song's titled The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment and not Father John Misty). In a weird way, it might almost be a compliment to her. 

It is definitely about himself. I found this comment on Genius.com, and I can't explain it better than them. 

"This is so brilliant because Josh is satirizing himself through the libelous account of this girl. The use of ‘malaprops’ kills me because it in itself is a malapropism, and shows him to be exactly as conceited and deluded as she."

i mean i get why this song would remind you of her but why would he even write a song like that about her?

she and his wife are besties

i mean i get why this song would remind you of her but why would he even write a song like that about her?

she and his wife are besties

Not sure, I was thinking of 2015 as the time they met so maybe it could be a first impression thing? Anyway, I didn't realize I should look deeper into the title, I also somehow thought his name was John instead of Josh so I didn't connect the dots. I'm dumb don't worry I get it now  :facepalm: Thank you all! 

I still don't think I've listened to Pure Comedy in full but I'm excited for this!

I haven't either tbh. I love Fear Fun, Honeybear and a handful off tracks off Pure Comedy but some of the songs are just a slog to sit through

BzhmW.png