Lad

Trash Magic

completely agree! it was one of the first lana songs i really loved, after VG. this morning i was listening to both the studio version and the live one and thought "they are both PERFECT" and then i get here and find this thread! it doesn't sound like any other song in her catalog. everything about it - music, voice, lyrics, tone, title - is unique and fits together amazingly. she's so open and vulnerable, so honest and exposed, disarmingly doubtful yet confident in her wiles...it's that marylin monroe combination of being sweet yet sexy, kind of letting her guard down yet unapologetic about declaring what she wants. love it so much :flutter:

you know, i don't really yearn for a lana del rey version, because any alteration would subtract from its charm...there is just nothing here that could be improved!

And the LYRICS

Let's talk about the superior title, "Trash Magic". It's just so great--simple yet expressive, and it sounds immediately iconic (in the real sense of the word). It's so LDR.

I agree, I wish she'd revamp a few more songs she's particularly attached to, and I'd bet this one qualifies.

This is my preferred title aswell :flutter:

I know she said this song was written in Jersey, but it seems so Florida to me. A little Florida Light after the Florida Dark?

Thank you for my own appreciation thread :makeup:

I genuinely thought this was going to be an appreciation thread for you

oops  :oopna:  :awk:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I genuinely thought this was going to be an appreciation thread for you

oops :oopna: :awk:

Specially the 'trash' part :stareney2:

Well, I luv this song, it is so amateur yet fantastic. Lana Ray, will you serve me lemonade? And I said yes Bill I will... :kris: I love Trash Magic as a title too

Let's not forget that flawless live performance she did, her voice is amazing and full of tricks!

This was one of my most played Lana songs last year.

Oh my gosh :rip: I wish there was more than one performance! We know how Lizzy performances tend to vary, in the most wonderful sort of way. An alt live performance of Trash Magic> Roses to me.

can't describe my love for this song in words...it's so quintessentially American and it really encompasses everything the Lizzy Grant era. fml, i can't believe this never got an official release, i wanna shout from rooftops about how good it is :grinds:

and that live performance! the best she's ever sung IMO and she's so into the song, you can tell by the way she sings it :heart:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Love it too, I get a Serge Gainsbourg song vibe

from it.

can't describe my love for this song in words...it's so quintessentially American and it really encompasses everything the Lizzy Grant era. fml, i can't believe this never got an official release, i wanna shout from rooftops about how good it is :grinds:

and that live performance! the best she's ever sung IMO and she's so into the song, you can tell by the way she sings it :heart:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I remember her saying she forgot about this song, but it made her happy. She wrote it about when she was staying at a motel in Jersey and she decorated her room with silver tinsel.

That may be wrong, but I vaguely remember something like that aha.