PARADIXO

Lanacritic | NOW: Ultraviolence

Born To Die: A good album that lived up to its hype and to the general public. There are many brillant songs that, despite 'pop' production from Emile Haynie, still very high quality and perhaps bring out the unique elements of Lana that certainly applies to whoever produce Lana's music: Off to the Races, Diet Mtn Dew. I really like how over-the-top the production is. Overall, I feel mixed about this album because its coherence is not very good and how 'pop' it is, i.e. it gets boring after a while. 65/100

if there is still time

Born to Die: 9.75/10 (I like a lot it, but I can't give 10 to it)
Off to the Races: 9.00/10
Blue Jeans: 9.50/10 (with the strings intro ♥)
Video Games: 10/10 (I love this song... it's simple perfect)
Diet Mountain Dew: 9.25/10
National Anthem: 9.50/10
Dark Paradise: 9.25/10
Radio: 9.00/10
Million Dollar Man: 9.00/10
Carmen: 9.75/10

Summertime Sadness: 10/10 (I think that I can give 10 only to SS and VG :) )

This Is What Makes Us Girls: 8.5/10 (I like it, but I'm not a girl... so I can't understand what makes us (?) girls... ._.)
Without You: 9.50/10
Lolita: 8.25/10
Lucky Ones: 7.75/10

138/150

→ 92/100

ahahah I'm too biased

Born to die - 9.5/10

Off to the races 10/10

Blue Jeans 8.5/10

Video Games 9/10

Diet Mountain Dew 8/10

National Anthem 9/10

Dark Paradise 9/10

Radio 7.5/10

Million Dollar Man 7.5/10

Carmen 8.5/10

Summertime Sadness 9.5/10

This is What Makes Us Girls 8.5/10

Without You 8.5/10

Lolita 8/10

Lucky Ones 8.5/10

8.6/10

I tried to do this where I gave my favorite song a 10/10, then the rest on how good I thought those songs were in relation to my favorite! :)

Nothing scares me anymore.

Born to die - 8.5/10
Off to the races - 10/10
Blue Jeans - 9.5/10
Video Games - 10/10
Diet Mountain Dew - 9/10
National Anthem - 9/10
Dark Paradise - 8.5/10
Radio - 7.5/10
Million Dollar Man - 10/10
Carmen - 9/10
Summertime Sadness - 9.5/10
This is What Makes Us Girls - 9/10
Without You - 9.5/10
Lolita - 8.5/10
Lucky Ones - 10/10

90/100

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Born to Die

220px-BornToDieAlbumCover.png00.jpg

Positive: 13

Mixed: 0

Negative: 0

Total reviews: 13

Most positive reviewer(s): @

Favorite song(s): "Off to the Races", "Blue Jeans", "Video Games"

--------------------

NOW: Paradise

Ride.10/10.This is really the best track on the album.Dark and cinematic.Del Rey makes me picture of a life of loneliness and living on the open road.

American 6/10. I sort of look at this as Video games Part 2(IDK Why I just do :toofunny:). One of the weaker tracks but still worth a listen if not just for Del Rey's vocal performance.

Cola 8/10.Quite a bubblegum track and a killer first verse.Some say this song is vulgar and pointlessly dirty but that's there opinion.I personally love it.Cola is a story -in my eyes-  about a home-wrecking gold digging seductress.Lana gives one of her best performances on a LP to date and the strings on the track are amazing.

Body Electric 4/10.Based slightly on Whitman's poem "I Sing The Body Electric".I really don't like this track but the Arabian strings are very good.It starts with a very good opening nearly picks up again in the bridge but really sizzles out in the end.Not very fond of it sadly...:(

Blue Velvet 9/10.This is a cover version made for Lana's H&M campaign but none of less she really dose own this and she sounds like this song was made for her too.Her vocal performance is mind blowing and yet again the orchestration come up trumps.Not a filler at all.

Gods & Monsters.10/10.Another song some say is pointlessly vulgar but I've got to disagree.The imagery Lana conjures up in my mind is very striking.Lana's shakiness on religion appears alot on her songs but not so vividly as this.Very very good. Brilliant beat too. Defiantly dirty but in a classy way.:hooker:

Yayo 8/10. The last two tracks are unjustifiably looked as no more than mere fillers and this opinion is very wrong.As the last two are in my opinion anyway are highly personal to Lana and show her in a new some what fragile light. Yayo is a simple,beautiful. track with just basically her singing and the piano playing in the background.The song reflects on her trailer park days and how she desperately wanted to escape.Sometimes though every now and then whilst I'm listen to this track I feel like i am intruding but that might be because it's so very personal.Still i love it to bits.

Bel Air.9/10.This song really makes me think of heaven,redemption and forgiveness.The orchestral arrangements aren't as good as they are like on the other tracks on the album but the lyrics redeem this song along with Lana dreamy-state like singing.All in all a good track to end on.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I missed BTD :hillary:

Lana Del Rey takes the word 'Paradise' to another level

Miss Lana Del Rey departs from the hip-hop beats and over-produced tracks of her previous record Born To Die and delivers a potpourri of hauting songs exploring her usual themes in a more spiritual way perhaps. 

Highlight tracks are Gods And Monsters and the eerie yet beautiful closer, Bel Air.

75/100

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Ride: Extremely beautiful and epic. The lyrics are really good, the production is awesome and in my opinion it's one of her best vocal performances. 10/10

American: The lyrics are kinda cringeworthy but it's really nice to listen to and it's very summery. 5/10

Cola: One of my favorites. It's one of her most catchy and fun songs. 10/10

Body Electric: beautiful. The lyrics are interesting. 8/10

Blue Velvet: Beautiful but boring. I rarely listen to it. 4/10

Gods and Monsters: Really good song. I love the lyrics and the beat and her vocals. 9/10

Yayo: one of her best songs ever and this is my favorite version. 10/10

Bel Air: Beautiful closer and my favorite on the album! I love her vocals, especially in the bridge, and it's some of her best lyrics. 10/10

66/80

82,5%

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Paradise

A continuation of Born to Die as Lana said so, but perhaps this is an 'improvement' in a similar style? When you listen to the album again and again it feels so different, but the same time it seems so familiar. When this was released I remembered myself listening to this album again and again and again without getting bored like Born to Die. The first single, Blue Velvet, is both my most favourite song on the album and of her whole discography (before Ultraviolence released). Ride is another one of my favourite, what an epic song. American could have been a brilliant single but unfortunately never considered as one. The coherence of this piece is hugely improved from Born to Die, and it ends perfectly at Bel Air. The reproduced version of Yayo isn't as good as the AKA one, however it fits perfectly with the album - when you listen to the whole album in one go. The three songs that featured on Tropico enhanced her vision of Paradise significantly. Overall, this is one of the best piece that Lana has ever written. 

85/100

Favourite track: Ride, Blue Velvet

Ride: 9/10 Such an amazing opener for this EP, with this song, Del Rey pushes the boundaries of what the word 'freedom' means
American: 10/10 One of my favorite tracks here
Cola: 10/10 MY ALL TIME FAVORITE LANA SONG
Body Electric: 10/10
Blue Velvet: 4/10 (i cant stand it)
Gods and Monsters: 10/10
Yayo: 7/10
Bel Air: 10/10

Burning Desire: 10/10

89/100

Wy8jf2U.jpg

Paradise is my favorite Lana album, and contains the songs I listened to the most in my life. The mood she creates with songs like "American" and "Bel Air" really capture the heavenly theme and it was such a memorable era. The Ride video was amazing, the Blue Velvet video is perfect, and the Burning Desire video is super classy and captivating. American is perfect from beginning to end, the way she holds the notes in Blue Velvet is really nice and the instrumental that goes along with the song is so "Lana". And who can forget about those awesome high notes in Cola. Gods and Monsters is a lyrical masterpiece, and by far my favorite song is Body Electric. I love the effects they put on her voice, it sound so distant and lifeless, almost robot-like. It's darkness is captivating, and the bridge is amazing. During the Paradise Tour Lana's performance style blossomed and she became a much better vocalist, I still look forward for her to show off these improved skills on many Televized performances. The teaser video for the album is so great, I still watch it sometimes. The imagery with the 30-second snippet of songs sets such a calm, airy mood like I am travelling distant lands. 

100/100 This album is perfection and the best Lana has created so far. 

Also, Young and Beautiful works really well for track #10

Ride: 3/10 I'm not a big fan of this song, it makes me cringe tbh it just doesn't appeal to me
American: 9/10 I really like this song! It's my summer jam and it just works really well.
Cola: 8/10 Another good song.
Body Electric: 6/10 I love her voice in the verses and the pre-chorus is amazing but I can't stand the chorus. The chords don't work well and her voice just isn't at its best.
Blue Velvet: 5/10 This is a beautiful song, it's just super boring and I always find myself skipping halfway through.
Gods and Monsters: 9/10 I love the lyrics, vocals, and production so much.
Yayo: 7/10 Yayo is one of my favorite songs but the original is so much better.
Bel Air: 9/10 I love this one so much, it sounds so dark but light and breezy at the same time. It's just elegant and beautiful.

TOTAL: 7/10 I don't think it's Lana's best work at all, but there are a lot of songs that I love.

5UNbEmr.jpg