Sucker

AURORA

It's a song that was planned for her debut EP, but I guess it got sold before it was slated for release. It was sold to a chinese artist. Here's the chinese song it later became. It's called Escape from Utopia. It has the same melody and almost the same instrumental as Silhouettes.

Woah, Travis? Really didn't expect that one.

Now, please.. please work with Woodkid. @@Sucker next time you met her, can you please ask her to check out Woodkid and work a project with him? Anything, music or video. I reckon nothing less than magic would happen if these two join forces.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Woah, Travis? Really didn't expect that one.

Now, please.. please work with Woodkid. @@Sucker next time you met her, can you please ask her to check out Woodkid and work a project with him? Anything, music or video. I reckon nothing less than magic would happen if these two join forces.

I do believe she knows who Woodkid is. She usually only works with Magnus and O Martin though, hah.

lABVyGE.png

I thought I was going madder than usual when listening to I Went Too Far (Radio Edit), I heard a cat was trying scratch his way of the window into my room, but there was no cat whatsoever. But the sound was clearer still, tickling my left ear onto my collarbone, sound of a typewriter mimicking the hurrying start of locomotive engine. I remove my earphone, look around and there was no such sounds. Only then I realized that it's probs the sneaky, subtle sounds that Aurora incorporated in her songs. It starts at 01:25.. very, very ticklish.

Mind asking her what sound that was? :)

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I thought I was going madder than usual when listening to I Went Too Far (Radio Edit), I heard a cat was trying scratch his way of the window into my room, but there was no cat whatsoever. But the sound was clearer still, tickling my left ear onto my collarbone, sound of a typewriter mimicking the hurrying start of locomotive engine. I remove my earphone, look around and there was no such sounds. Only then I realized that it's probs the sneaky, subtle sounds that Aurora incorporated in her songs. It starts at 01:25.. very, very ticklish.

Mind asking her what sound that was? :)

I don't really hear that sound you're describing. Am I deaf? :toofunny:

lABVyGE.png

That's it. I'm going back to Bedlam. :sadcore2:

Well he might actually be on to something. Depending on what type of headphones you are wearing different sounds come through, treble or bass, etc; expensive headphones emit higher frequencies and hear higher sounds. Aurora has recorded all sorts of "field" sounds onto the album that are either quiet or completely inaudible: Dry leaves, stick across a chainlink fence, and her hugging a tree being few of them.[1] Not to mention she has been questioned on the subject of writing "the perfect song" which she said would consist of constant tweaking. There is a chance the radio edit has different noises that would be updated and distinct from the original version because she modified it. Does anyone have an actual link to the radio edit?

Reference:

[1] http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/22/11487130/aurora-interview-all-my-demons-greeting-me-as-a-friend

Well he might actually be on to something. Depending on what type of headphones you are wearing different sounds come through, treble or bass, etc; expensive headphones emit higher frequencies and hear higher sounds. Aurora has recorded all sorts of "field" sounds onto the album that are either quiet or completely inaudible: Dry leaves, stick across a chainlink fence, and her hugging a tree being few of them.[1] Not to mention she has been questioned on the subject of writing "the perfect song" which she said would consist of constant tweaking. There is a chance the radio edit has different noises that would be updated and distinct from the original version because she modified it. Does anyone have an actual link to the radio edit?

Reference:

[1] http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/22/11487130/aurora-interview-all-my-demons-greeting-me-as-a-friend

Yeah, I know. I've heard some of them in the stems for the songs. I just don't hear it in I Went Too Far..?

lABVyGE.png

Yeah, I know. I've heard some of them in the stems for the songs. I just don't hear it in I Went Too Far..?

The MK Remix is also the radio edit. It's actually very different from the original. A few seconds after this time the quarter notes turn into eighths on the drum beat and I think the frequency is raised, that could be mistaken for a typewriter: https://youtu.be/YnzAV1nWky0?t=84

I finally booked some tickets. I'm seeing Aurora 4 times this year. :defeated:

August 10th - Oslo, Norway

August 18th - Bergen, Norway

August 27th - Drammen, Norway

December 12th - Halden, Norway

:defeated: The first one out of those 4 is in 16 days. Aaaahhh! The Bergen show will be my 10th AURORA show. :crying:

The MK Remix is also the radio edit. It's actually very different from the original. A few seconds after this time the quarter notes turn into eighths on the drum beat and I think the frequency is raised, that could be mistaken for a typewriter: https://youtu.be/YnzAV1nWky0?t=84

The MK mix is not the radio edit. That's just something else they released for promotional reasons. This is the radio edit/mix.

lABVyGE.png

Wow ok I don't know where to begin with.

I did not expect this!

Her style is so unique!

I gave a listen to her debut album and I liked every track but there were some that are my favorite:

1. Winter Bird

2. Lucky

3. Conqueror

4. Through the Eyes of a Child

5. Half the World Away

She also seems so cute!

giphy.gif

I finally booked some tickets. I'm seeing Aurora 4 times this year. :defeated:

August 10th - Oslo, Norway

August 18th - Bergen, Norway

August 27th - Drammen, Norway

December 12th - Halden, Norway

:defeated: The first one out of those 4 is in 16 days. Aaaahhh! The Bergen show will be my 10th AURORA show. :crying:

The MK mix is not the radio edit. That's just something else they released for promotional reasons. This is the radio edit/mix.

Are you sure? On Spotify it is listed as I Went Too Far - MK Remix / Radio Version

That's it. I'm going back to Bedlam. :sadcore2:

Neal, can you link the radio edit so I know which one you are referencing specifically?

there's new songs coming guys. they're doing a repackaging/rerelease of All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend. Her manager messaged me out of the blue 2 days ago and talked to me about it, lol. :rip: So it's confirmed, I guess. I guess that's why she's going back on tour in the US AGAIN in November as well.

Are you sure? On Spotify it is listed as I Went Too Far - MK Remix / Radio Version

Neal, can you link the radio edit so I know which one you are referencing specifically?

110% sure. I've heard the radio mix on BBC Radio 1, Beats 1 and on Norway's biggest radio stations.

The MK remix has both an "extended version" (for clubs etc.) and a "radio version/edit" (that they'll play on the radio and such).

She is God

SHOOK SHE IS LIT AF  :hdu:

omg new fans!!! hiii!! :defeated: she is definitely a goddess. such a talented girl. where did y'all find her all of the sudden? is it because of the YouTube ad? or her Stephen Colbert performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brl1Z9aw4Bo

Wow ok I don't know where to begin with.
I did not expect this!
Her style is so unique!
I gave a listen to her debut album and I liked every track but there were some that are my favorite:

1. Winter Bird
2. Lucky
3. Conqueror
4. Through the Eyes of a Child
5. Half the World Away

She also seems so cute!

aahhhh, right? :defeated: i'm glad you like her songs! :flutter:

lABVyGE.png