Sucker

AURORA

there's new songs coming guys. they're doing a repackaging/rerelease of All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend. Her manager messaged me out of the blue 2 days ago and talked to me about it, lol. :rip: So it's confirmed, I guess. I guess that's why she's going back on tour in the US AGAIN in November as well.

Haha that's awesome that they reach out to you like that. Very excited for new songs even though I'm obsessed with the album still. If she's coming back to the US, I will def try to see her again. Her show in Boston was a dream. 

move over Oh Wonder, here is Aurora to scalpe us  :oprah3:

:legend: amen to thaaaat

Haha that's awesome that they reach out to you like that. Very excited for new songs even though I'm obsessed with the album still. If she's coming back to the US, I will def try to see her again. Her show in Boston was a dream. 

hahah, yeah. the new songs might be out in september. don't take my word on it. but they might be.  :oprah3:

lABVyGE.png

"All My Demons" is back on the setlist after they stopped performing it on November 7th 2015. :legend: That was the last show they did before they took it off. But it's back. I guess you're finally getting the studio version with the re-packaging.

lABVyGE.png

"All My Demons" is back on the setlist after they stopped performing it on November 7th 2015. :legend: That was the last show they did before they took it off. But it's back. I guess you're finally getting the studio version with the re-packaging.

well IT'S ABOUT TIME that the TITLE TRACK was finally delivered!!!

H0bDaqU.gif

I love her!!!! My friend absolutely adores her so I had to check her out, so beautiful  :flutter:  she's touring North America on november? :hdu:  Holy shit she might come to play at a festival here on that month then :defeated: 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I love it so much!!! It's so adorable and as you said, it's so her

I do wish the whole thing was in Norwegian though, with subtitles of course. One thing I've noticed about her is that she's wayyyyy realer and more comfortable and true to herself when she talks in Norwegian. When she has to speak english, it honestly feels like she's holding back her emotions and her true feelings and stuff.

lABVyGE.png

I do wish the whole thing was in Norwegian though, with subtitles of course. One thing I've noticed about her is that she's wayyyyy realer and more comfortable and true to herself when she talks in Norwegian. When she has to speak english, it honestly feels like she's holding back her emotions and her true feelings and stuff.

I actually agree with this, she seemed a lot more open and herself when speaking Norwegian. It's the added pressure of speaking her second language that makes her more uncomfortable

FzytWEW.png

I actually agree with this, she seemed a lot more open and herself when speaking Norwegian. It's the added pressure of speaking her second language that makes her more uncomfortable

Exactly! She's just like than in real life too, whenever we've been talking and people come over and starts talking to her in english, she gets so crammed up and so.. overly focused? I guess?

I haven't posted anything about it yet, but a Norwegian film maker group has started working on a 2 year long documentary about Aurora, in Norwegian. They've worked on a pilot the last few months, to see if someone wants to give them the money to finish it. I think they will.

lABVyGE.png

Well he might actually be on to something. Depending on what type of headphones you are wearing different sounds come through, treble or bass, etc; expensive headphones emit higher frequencies and hear higher sounds. Aurora has recorded all sorts of "field" sounds onto the album that are either quiet or completely inaudible: Dry leaves, stick across a chainlink fence, and her hugging a tree being few of them.[1] Not to mention she has been questioned on the subject of writing "the perfect song" which she said would consist of constant tweaking. There is a chance the radio edit has different noises that would be updated and distinct from the original version because she modified it. Does anyone have an actual link to the radio edit?

Reference:

[1] http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/22/11487130/aurora-interview-all-my-demons-greeting-me-as-a-friend

I got cheap, standard earphones.

At first I thought it was just the result of hi-hats sound-patterns meshing, but my head opted to decipher it as something else, and yes I think my brain referred to that 'hugging tree sound' interview as well, re: sounds and noises

Are you sure? On Spotify it is listed as I Went Too Far - MK Remix / Radio Version

Neal, can you link the radio edit so I know which one you are referencing specifically?

Sorry m8, got no notifs for being quoted, but the one @@Sucker posted was the one I listened to https://amazingtunes.com/deccarecords/aurora/tunes/403327

Listened to the MK Remix once, I have to pass :toofunny:

Maybe she sneakily recorded the sound of this train :creep: 4:48

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Exactly! She's just like than in real life too, whenever we've been talking and people come over and starts talking to her in english, she gets so crammed up and so.. overly focused? I guess?

I haven't posted anything about it yet, but a Norwegian film maker group has started working on a 2 year long documentary about Aurora, in Norwegian. They've worked on a pilot the last few months, to see if someone wants to give them the money to finish it. I think they will.

That's amazing :oprah: Hope someone gives them $$$$$$$

And yeah I get what you mean, she'd have to concentrate so much just to speak the language let alone show emotion

FzytWEW.png

That's amazing :oprah: Hope someone gives them $$$$$$$

And yeah I get what you mean, she'd have to concentrate so much just to speak the language let alone show emotion

I'll ask her about the docu if I meet her on Wednesday.

lABVyGE.png

Still waiting for that master post

Masterpost:

Aurora Aksnes

Singles

Aurora Aksnes - Puppet

Aurora Aksnes - Awakening

Features

Bunny Suit - Her (ft. Aurora Aksnes)

AURORA

Singles

AURORA - Under Stars

AURORA - Runaway

AURORA - Running With The Wolves

AURORA - Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

AURORA - Half The World Away

AURORA - Walking In The Air

AURORA - Conqueror

AURORA - I Went Too Far

EPs

Running With The Wolves

01 Runaway

02 Running With The Wolves

03 In Boxes

04 Little Boy in the Grass

05 *Awakening (2015)

06 *Under Stars

*Only available for purchase on vinyl.

Live on Daytrotter

01 Welcome to Daytrotter

02 We Were Going To Do That

03 Lucky

04 Under Stars

05 Running With The Wolves

Albums

All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend

01 Runaway

02 Conqueror

03 Running With The Wolves

04 Lucky

05 Winter Bird

06 I Went Too Far

07 Through The Eyes of a Child

08 Warrior

09 Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

10 Home

11 Under The Water

12 Black Water Lilies

13 *Half The World Away

14 *Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) (Acoustic)

15 *Nature Boy (Acoustic)

16 *Wisdom Cries

17 *Running With The Wolves (Pablo Nouvelle Remix)

*Bonus tracks on deluxe version.

Misc.

AURORA - Life on Mars? (Girls, Vol. 3 Soundtrack)

Features

Icarus - Home (ft. AURORA)

Travis - *3 Miles High

*Backing vocals

lABVyGE.png