782anonymous

Meg Myers

Meg Myers is a 28 year old artist from Tennessee who now lives in L.A. She's been compared to Fiona Apple and Alanis Morisette, but her music has some electronic elements that kind of remind me of Nine Inch Nails' lighter stuff. Her biggest songs so far have been "Desire" and "Monster." I like the Hucci remix of "Desire."

You can stream the songs from her Make a Shadow and Daughter in the Choir EPs on her website. 

http://www.megmyers.com/?frontpage=true

I only know her song Poison from Doctor Rosen Rosen's "Girls" EP which I guess is also on her Daughter in the Choir EP, I thought it was a good song but the vocal stretching effects on the chorus were really awful

BzhmW.png

Bringing this thread back to life because this bitch is so underrated. Her music fucking BANGS, she is so talented.

Her new album "Take Me to the Disco" is out for pre-release and is set to be released in July.

The first single from the album, "Numb", is out now. And it's KILLER.

TjmiIK4.png

Whoa okay, I didn't really analyze the lyrics of Numb until just now. Most of her songs are almost always about breakups and relationships so I guess I kind of assumed this one was too... but after focusing on the words, I feel like this song is about her record label. Like she's being pressured (as all label artists are) to release a certain type of record and she's trying to fight back. Does anyone else agree with that? I'd love to hear y'alls input!

Lyrics:

When all is said and done, tell me how to write this, tell me how to fight this war.

I'll keep marching on, like a broken rope, but money back guaranteed.

I'm in your custody, but I'm not a criminal, I can be your next big thing.

Look at what I've become, silly little monster, should've just held my tongue.

I hate the feeling of this weight upon my shoulders, pushing the pressure down on me.

You think you want the best for me, but nothing really matters.

If you force it, it won't come. I guess I'm feeling numb. I guess I'm feeling numb.

Sometimes I wish I could fly through a secret trap door into another life.

Bury my head in the sand, I don't wanna grow up, la la la la la la la.

I hate the feeling of this weight upon my shoulders, pushing the pressure down on me.

If you force it, it won't come. I guess I'm feeling numb. I guess I'm feeling numb.

I'll play the game, I'll do everything you tell me. All the losers win in the end.

I'll play the game, I'll do anything you tell me. All the losers win in the end.

TjmiIK4.png

I literally just discovered her music today, its really cool to see she has a thread here!!!

Severely underrated artist. She is so unbelievably talented.

TjmiIK4.png

Title track was released today!!!!! So beautiful, I really think this album might even top Sorry  :defeated:

TjmiIK4.png

Can't wait for this new album. I like Numb, but I've been listening to TMTTD everyday. Curious to see how the rest sounds.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

She is a bop and she is so underrated, it's a shame. I listened to Curbstomp in a CSI episode, and I loved it. It was probably in 2014, I don't remember.

I used to sent her some snapchats, lmao, and she replied sometimes  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u