Myriam

Underrated Lana Songs

OFF TO THE RACES :badbitch:

I just feel like this song isn't talked about much at all, and it's even an official release. I personally think it is one of the more original songs from Born to Die. Can we just take a moment to picture what a music video for this would have looked like?

2dt29zc.jpg

OFF TO THE RACES :smokes2:

I just feel like this song isn't talked about much at all, and it's even an official release. I personally think it is one of the more original songs from Born to Die. Can we just take a moment to picture what a music video for this would have looked like?

There is a video, with women shooting shit up.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

OFF TO THE RACES :smokes2:

It's not really underrated. It's one of the most loved songs on BTD. 

14417469274.gif

There is a video, with women shooting shit up.

Let me rephrase... a music video that Lana stars in instead of a bunch of women from latino soap operas and shoddy westerns.

It's not really underrated. It's one of the most loved songs on BTD. 

I feel like Born to Die, Blue Jeans, and Video Games just overshadow it a lot. Or at least to the average fan, not people that are really into Lana.

2dt29zc.jpg

I feel like Born to Die, Blue Jeans, and Video Games just overshadow it a lot.

I can see that. Do you really expect any less from the lead singles though? I definitely prefer Off to the Races to Blue Jeans & Video Games, so I can agree with you there. 

Or at least to the average fan, not people that are really into Lana.

Yes, but we're on this forum, because we're all obsessive freaks, yeah? None of us are average fans, really. :usrs:

14417469274.gif

Yes, but we're on this forum, because we're all obsessive freaks, yeah? None of us are average fans, really. :usrs:

Dedicated fans please...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Tonight, I put my entire Lana library on shuffle and I did not skip one song.

I've gotta say, though. In my personal opinion, the most underrated Lana song is "You & Me".

It sounds like heaven. 

The soaring vocals, the sweeping strings, it is the actual definition of paradise. It has that heavenly, beachy feel. It's so soothing and ethereal, tropical and haunting.

Yet it was dismissed as "a cheap Dangerous Girl ripoff", and completely overshadowed by the leaking of "Break My Fall".

also #pushmedownstan2k12 now #pushmedownstan2k13

X----into me, into you----X

I've gotta say, though. In my personal opinion, the most underrated Lana song is "You & Me".

It sounds like heaven.

The soaring vocals, the sweeping strings, it is the actual definition of paradise. It has that heavenly, beachy feel. It's so soothing and ethereal, tropical and haunting.

Yet it was dismissed as "a cheap Dangerous Girl ripoff", and completely overshadowed by the leaking of "Break My Fall".

I've actually seen a lot of praise for it lately. It's a nice song but I don't understand how someone can find it so amazing; it just bores me a bit. The annoying and completely out of place beeping (? something like that) noises that happen in the verses really ruin the mood it could potentially set for me, personally.

I think Fake Diamond is her best underrated song. :ohno:

14417469274.gif

It sounds like heaven. 

I was just thinking the other day that You & Me was extremely beautiful and underrated too. It's definitely one of the best unreleased songs.

I think Fake Diamond is her best underrated song. :ohno:

This too. Fake Diamond is beautiful too and underrated too. :crossed:

I agree, Fake Diamond is lovely yet very underrated. It's one my personal favorites and I also feel like Trash, You & Me and The Man I Love were all highly underrated as well. As stated before me, You & Me was definitely overshadowed by Break My Fall. I really like Trash honestly, it's a cool tune but you never see much talk about it and despite The Man I Love being a fanmade, it's still pretty good too.

It sounds like heaven. 

Don't even understand the DG comparison.

You & Me is one of my all-time favorites so I'm with you on that one. It feels like an honest to god demo, but like it shouldn't have gone any further than that with it's weird production. Just sublime. It's kind of like a secret we're being let in on, just how kinda rough and personal it seems.

I'm pretty sure I've already put Pin Up Galore in this thread, but no one ever discusses that one so I think it really applies. Dust is also paid to: Find My Own Way (SO MUCH) and (apparently, shockingly) Every Man Has His Wish.

But if you know me, you know the most underrated song :hooker:

GET DRUNK