Fluorine

Charli XCX

I love it a lot. Not just bc i relate to it on an emotional level as a trans woman, but I just really like that SOPHIE is putting herself at the forefront of her music. It separates her solo work from the work she produces for other artists, stylistically as well. Kinda reminds me of Perfume Genius or ANOHNI, but but with the signature SOPHIE production.

Not every SOPHIE song is gonna be a banger, I still think that JLWNSG is the best SOPHIE track

Completely agree; her/her label (mostly the latter) play it way, way, way too safe with single choices. Even Bounce or GNO, for example, may be too experimental by pop standards, yet they’d probably draw in a lot more attention just for standing out! I don’t understand why Atlantic won’t ever take a chance with Charli.

Because sadly, vroom vroom flopped, even if it wasn't supposed to be mainstream anyways and I think that's when Atlantic (who are just money hungry) decided to make Charli do more mainstream shit like boys

Warner seems to suck, Neon Hitch also had trouble getting her album out with them. Charli is so screwed, any momentum she's ever had is gone. :/ I can't believe she had I Love It and Boom Clap and Fancy and the label totally failed to capitalize on these huge hits.

On the bright side the GP still kinda remembers her name. I told my boyfriend I was seeing Halsey because Charli was the opening act and he was like "wait, are you sure it's not the other way around? Charli's more famous." He's not a pophead at all, either. She may still have some "oh, THAT girl!" reactions left if they let her reLEASE HER MUSIC

What should I do if I wanna meet Charli? Wait after her act? After the entire show? I've never tried to meet an artist before, I have no idea how this works x.x

Warner seems to suck, Neon Hitch also had trouble getting her album out with them. Charli is so screwed, any momentum she's ever had is gone. :/ I can't believe she had I Love It and Boom Clap and Fancy and the label totally failed to capitalize on these huge hits.

On the bright side the GP still kinda remembers her name. I told my boyfriend I was seeing Halsey because Charli was the opening act and he was like "wait, are you sure it's not the other way around? Charli's more famous." He's not a pophead at all, either. She may still have some "oh, THAT girl!" reactions left if they let her reLEASE HER MUSIC

What should I do if I wanna meet Charli? Wait after her act? After the entire show? I've never tried to meet an artist before, I have no idea how this works x.x

She’s meeting fans at every show, either before or after her set. She’ll announce where/when the day of your show! :)

Charli should've kept her mouth shut and that's the tea. We wouldn't know about Atlantic delaying her album if she didn't keep giving new unofficial release dates, and we wouldn't know about this music she's sitting on if she didn't perform it at Exchange (or performed R&R multiple times, or performed Rita's track, effectively stopping it from ever being released). She needs to take responsibility for her part and stop blaming the leakers for her not releasing music.

Why even bother? The songs are dead, they're not going to be released. Dick move to the fans.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you heard about Iggy's delay situation? Her label told her June 2nd and then told her June 30th and she stated that as the release date for her 2nd album in interviews and then her label fucked her over and stalled it. Should she have kept her mouth shut just because it ended up being delayed? XCX3 was scheduled to be released in May. That was the plan and when it was delayed until September Charli was visibly upset. It obviously wasn't her choice. You act like she knew it would be delayed/wanted it to be delayed twice. And now she has to pretend it's "just a release schedule, it's not delayed" as damage control even though she's BEEN lowkey shading her label for quite some time now.

Also, on your "release your shit MIA style and take agency" comment, record deal contracts are legally binding. If I remember correctly Charli signed a development deal at around 16 years old and if her deal was based on the # of albums, they could easily bring her career to a standstill if she threatened to leak it (which she already kinda did earlier this year) or didn't cooperate with whatever their shitty vision is.