Fluorine

Charli XCX

i can't imagine AG charges charli much if anything at all, he's her creative director. anything she releases he probably will also be making a cut of.

i'm not certain of this but i'm pretty sure that the exchange and xcx3 tracks charli did with sophie were all recorded between mid to late 2016. n1a obviously came out months later in early 2017 and the one sophie song on the mixtape was roll with me, a song that had been performed at the exchange and thus had been recorded the year before. so as of the beginning of 2017 charli and sophie have probably only worked on a handful of songs together. if i had to guess this is likely due to both charli beginning to favour AG's production over sophie's and also sophie beginning to charge more money for her songs, as well as focusing on her album. i don't think she charged charli anything for vroom vroom/exchange/xcx3/n1a but following those recordings she began to charge and that's why there's only one sophie co prod on pop2, though i wouldn't be surprised if she gave it to charli for free just because they're friends

Yeah I agree with this. Also SOPHIE is starting to have more of a demand as a producer so naturally that would mean the price goes up

FzytWEW.png

cuz its not "femmeboy" its the same name "Femmebot".... but yeah since sophie isnt listed i dont think its the same some either

why do ppl think femmeboy (not sure if it was called that) is a demo of femmebot if its a ag x sophie song but sophie isnt listed as a producer

Femmebot isn't SOPHIE's. She just played it at her and Ag's PopCity show.

SOPHIE has also played Up n Down in her set and other songs that she didn't originally produce.

i can't imagine AG charges charli much if anything at all, he's her creative director. anything she releases he probably will also be making a cut of.

Yeah, really good point. I wonder how that works, haha...if she has any budget at all. It’s true that she’s brought the PC crew to a much larger audience than they likely would have had before, for sure. Obviously, they were both making waves beforehand, but when Charli did Vroom Vroom and kept working with SOPHIE / PC Music, it definitely didn’t hurt as far as publicity goes.

i'm not certain of this but i'm pretty sure that the exchange and xcx3 tracks charli did with sophie were all recorded between mid to late 2016. n1a obviously came out months later in early 2017 and the one sophie song on the mixtape was roll with me, a song that had been performed at the exchange and thus had been recorded the year before. so as of the beginning of 2017 charli and sophie have probably only worked on a handful of songs together. if i had to guess this is likely due to both charli beginning to favour AG's production over sophie's and also sophie beginning to charge more money for her songs, as well as focusing on her album. i don't think she charged charli anything for vroom vroom/exchange/xcx3/n1a but following those recordings she began to charge and that's why there's only one sophie co prod on pop2, though i wouldn't be surprised if she gave it to charli for free just because they're friends

True...I wish I knew which show(s) SOPHIE played the demo at. Charli’s interview made it sound kinda recent, and if SOPHIE has a house in LA it definitely wouldn’t be too hard for her to just hang out there whenever and just write.

Also, Charli writes over email all the time...so I feel like it’s possible that she could have a LOT more of stuff with SOPHIE that might be a lot rougher. If @’s right (which i personally think they are), then SOPHIE did her version of No Angel after the demo with the Invisible Men was done—which means there could be countless tracks that SOPHIE reworked, maybe just building a track around Charli’s vocals.

I D K. All hypothetical. :creep:

I feel like it’s possible that she could have a LOT more of stuff with SOPHIE that might be a lot rougher. If @’s right (which i personally think they are), then SOPHIE did her version of No Angel after the demo with the Invisible Men was done—which means there could be countless tracks that SOPHIE reworked, maybe just building a track around Charli’s vocals.

If someone hacked SOPHIE's hard drive/email it would be legendary.

there's a bit of a timing issue with Kim's verse and it's bothering me, her words just don't flow through the instrumental

I notice it most in the line "when we pit stop" but it's also in other lines, idk. She catches her rhythm as the verse goes on but it still stands out to me like a sore thumb in the first half. The best way I can describe it is that her cadence isn't up to par.

the fact that she said that she doesn't know if she's going to release an album? gurl.....

gays: leak all her songs

maybe she values the ease of getting music out via mixtape over the stress of an album campaign. She did say in that interview that she just "isn't born" for that kind of stardom. I know us stans tend to think "but she deserves all the success in the world!!" but I'd much rather see her happy.

I agree with the recent sentiments when it comes to longing for a Sucker-era budget in the sense that it did bring us some great music videos (I'd really miss the visual side of her music if she were to stick to mixtapes) but we shouldn't gloss over the fact that she was also terribly unhappy in that era. 

Commercial success is such a double edged sword. 

maybe she values the ease of getting music out via mixtape over the stress of an album campaign. She did say in that interview that she just "isn't born" for that kind of stardom. I know us stans tend to think "but she deserves all the success in the world!!" but I'd much rather see her happy.

Makes sense...she's an amazing (and prolific) songwriter, she churns out a song a day, she is flexible enough to work with pretty much anyone, she still has enough energy to tour almost constantly, and she has the ability to adapt to a bunch of different sounds and styles. She's honestly just...a different kind of popstar than most. 

I'm thinking about songwriters like Starrah & Noonie--they honestly seem pretty happy just putting out songs / features when they feel like it. They aren't bound by multiple album contracts, and they have freedom to pop up almost anywhere. I wish Charli had that kind of autonomy with the ability to capitalize on it commercially...when she wanted to. 

Really hoping we're gonna get something dark/sexy like White Roses, Blame It On You, Dreamer, etc. Also would love songs that had the dark and fast sound of Vroom Vroom/Trophy too but I doubt we'll get stuff like that 

I Got It sounds a bit like that, doesn't it?

Really hoping we're gonna get something dark/sexy like White Roses, Blame It On You, Dreamer, etc. Also would love songs that had the dark and fast sound of Vroom Vroom/Trophy too but I doubt we'll get stuff like that 

I Got It sounds like it would be dark and fast though.

lABVyGE.png