Fluorine

Charli XCX

maybe the reason she doesn’t want to release taxi is because it doesn’t reflect how she wants to be seen as an artist. it’s like that Complex article that came after Pop 2....obviously to her fans we don’t see taxi, etc. as “juvenile,” but they don’t fit her current direction at all. same with CTMP (which i love) and Good Girls (which i also love)...she knows everyone’s obsessed with those three year old songs, even though she’s moved on a LONG ass time ago. if she wanted them out, they would be. lmao.

BOOP! *sucks teeth* THERE IT IS!

I feel like the labels don't see it as simple as "release it and get money". There's probably some sort of strategy involved. And yeah I understand that the outcry is from enjoying the music she's created, but if she hasn't seen the music as fitting for her official discography (I don't see why not, if she's willing to put so many strange collabs on pop 2), that's just it. It could very well be that she just doesn't vibe with those songs anymore and would hate to be stuck performing them the same way she does with fancy or i love it or boom clap (even tho BC is a bop but I'm sure it gets super annoying after performing it like 200 times). Btw what do you mean "physically"? Are you talking about putting songs up on streaming sites? Wouldn't physical = hard copies? Releasing songs on the regular seems to be the plan - doesn't seem like a huge problem at all. Maybe you hadn't come across the "single every month" posts yet.

Oh what I meant was, was just putting something out there, like it's official... done... concrete... Plus, we know that the music exists, there's a physical recording of it somewhere (not actually physical, but there's a very real file for it somewhere lol), the work went into writing and recording the song... people love it... why not just put it out?

Think... all of these fake remasters of her unreleased songs. Those are getting views... views an official release with actual promotion would've had, and then some... even just Charli's own word of mouth on social networking to her millions of followers... these songs would have WAY more views. But instead people are listening and streaming fake versions of her songs. That's income the label could be making right there. But... nope.

And I mean, yeah... I know there's currently a plan to release music regularly for the rest of the year. That's great. But I meant from the very beginning... when Charli was still excited about these tracks ages ago... if she could've just put them out THEN, when news of a 3rd album was still fresh, relevant and not plagued by repeated delay announcements... those tracks could've been out to the world and have brought in millions of views collectively by now. All within small E.P.s or promotional single releases here and there... That's what I mean by the label over-complicating things... It's all about the status-quo. They want big, bombastic singles before anything can happen, yet all this work has already been done and they're just sitting on valuable material. A song is a song, it's $1.29 either way.

In a way, they're actually creating this unnecessarily suffocating, high-pressure environment where nothing happens... but if they just impulsively released some fresh tunes on a more semi regular basis, it's more music for people to consume/stream/whatever... Like I said, these songs would've had tons of digital purchases/views by now (and fake songs are stealing even further from that hypothetical "thunder") ...but all that income that would've been generated in a perfect world, is just non-existent. It could be there, but it's not... It is not expensive at all to upload and have music hosted online.

And by a few thousand views/puchases a piece, everyone gets their cut. People keep buying and listening over time... the money keeps coming in... I was reading Rolling Stone the other day, steaming has opened up the biggest profit-margins the industry has ever seen. But labels insist "only X amount of tunes can make the cut..." Why? Like you could be banking more money if you just actually put stuff out there lol. But if you just sit and sit and sit on material, there's just physically no money to be made there at all. You're not even giving yourself or the artist a chance... There's no release, there's no money. It's as simple as that. ...and even if it's not really that simple, maybe it should be.

So what you're saying is that you can set autotune to stay within a certain scale, and it'll only stick to those notes and correct your voice to the closest note within the scale? Sort of like a "painting by numbers" approach? 

Yes pretty much! There's many ways to do pitch correction. Traditional Auto Tune is done "live". You feed the vocals in it and it will process it live by either a set scale or you can even have it to where it will follow the notes you're playing on a musical keyboard. You can also edit the vocals in post. Like in Melodyne and whatever is the FL studio one. You basically pop it in to Melodyne it detects the individual notes and you can move them and manipulate the notes all you want.

I don't think you have to sing that badly to make the Auto Tune effect trigger than much, but again it won't do anything if you're intune.

Unrelated to what everyone’s talking about but i listened to paradise again today (I’ve listened to it like only once before and it was a while ago) and it’s not as bad as I thought it was. The weird chipmunk vocals in the chorus are terrible but l really like the dance-y instrumental parts of the song.

Also I didn’t know Charli smoked. I mean from what I’ve seen it looks like she only does it sometimes but I still didn’t know she smoked (cigarettes) at all

Unrelated to what everyone’s talking about but i listened to paradise again today (I’ve listened to it like only once before and it was a while ago) and it’s not as bad as I thought it was. The weird chipmunk vocals in the chorus are terrible but l really like the dance-y instrumental parts of the song.

Also I didn’t know Charli smoked. I mean from what I’ve seen it looks like she only does it sometimes but I still didn’t know she smoked (cigarettes) at all

Yeah she smokes :/

Thats...................just not true lmao.

she literally said this word for word in an interview from late last year. maybe not exactly that her label made her self conscious about her vocals (what else would've done that..?) but about how she stopped doing vocal training and her voice has become weak due to that.

I kinda wish Charli followed the Kpop releasing trend. Mini Album, Promote short break, then another Mini Album then Promote. She can have small little albums with themes or not and just have them number. It can have like 3-5 songs then in how many months she can pop out another single, mini or maybe album if it's time

I kinda wish Charli followed the Kpop releasing trend. Mini Album, Promote short break, then another Mini Album then Promote. She can have small little albums with themes or not and just have them number. It can have like 3-5 songs then in how many months she can pop out another single, mini or maybe album if it's time

she did 2 10 track mixtape albums LOL

d2z2Mep.png