Fluorine

Charli XCX

I loved the part about boom clap in that podcast, ed howard really knows a hit when he sees it. I know we tend to hate atlantic for the album delays because they were too hung up on a hit, but you have to admire their drive as a label to always push for the most success their artists can achieve. It's clear they felt Charli could achieve more, but it just sucks how messy things got. 

After the Afterparty actually makes me nostalgic now but it also doesn't feel real, it almost feels like it didn't happen. Surreal I guess. Like I know she performed it on Kimmel and the X Factor but it's just crazy to remember all the promo she did and the snapchat stories she'd post of getting ready to go on set, she was really going back into the ring and then everything else is a blur. Complaining about the delay, saying it's not delayed, teasing the party concept, that magazine interview where they described the songs, then another delay, then everything leaked. 

I know we've played this (night a thousand times, in my dreams... a thousand times the same old story... ok im sorry, my brain just had to hit me with references) story out so many times, but does anyone feel the same way when they look back on 2016/2017??

About the recent interview about Charli being a workaholic, I wonder if it made her emotional because of possibly being pressured by expectations. Like, she loves music and if it was just music that she was obsessed with, I don't see how that could cause her distress... but I just feel like it's similar to the extreme anxiety that happened while creating Sucker. Maybe it's because she's working so hard for her fans but it feels like it's not enough bc of everyone demanding that she release tracks from 2 years ago or snippets of tracks that she never wanted to release. I'm just thinking out loud here... not trying to act like I cracked the code or something, just postulating. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Yes, but the full HQ hasn't leaked http://picosong.com/wkZD4/

was this snippet posted recently? when did it leak? I can't find the first time someone posted it, and I really don't remember anyone talking about it. One page to the next people were talking about this leak and I've been driving myself crazy trying to find the source. 

LMFAO. Track 10 is a masterpiece, a highlight and one of the reasons critics call her the future of pop. When the strings come in you can hear Björk crying in a corner.

I listen to It every day.

there's something about her vocal delivery that doesn't feel right: there are a few parts where she's off timing or the autotune stumbles while trying to find what note she's aiming for, and it really takes me out of the moment. I'm just sensitive to things like that. But the production is very interesting. Also, doesn't Bjork produce most of her own music? 

this is like the xcxboards thread D:

how? did something go down?

can someone spill the tea about the new single?

how about no... I want to actually be surprised when she posts about it.

bet ur the type of Charli stan that likes flops like Emotional and Die Tonight  :biblio:

what's wrong with emotional? 

thank you for that sis lol ♡

She reads Lanaboards I have 90% sure about that

what makes you think this?

Ye but I think she only said this cause Atlantic probably refused to let her release and promote a PC Album. Like just a few months before this quote she was raving about her upcoming party album so it literally makes no sense 

I don't think she just said it as an excuse or a fallback, (I'm not sure if that's what you mean), but I think most of us assumed she said that because of how the campaign for XCX3 never fully took off. But as of right now, she just said she doesn't know, sometimes she does sometimes she doesn't think an album is right for her (I can't find the interview but I know that's her current statement). 

By the way, I know my posting style is usually LONG posts back to back, but I just have a LOT of thoughts in a very short amount of time and that's just sort of what happens, so I'm sorry if it's annoying you guys. I don't mean to spam. just block me I guess? (idk how to block, I just heard it was a feature back when bicassie was in this thread)

By the way, I know my posting style is usually LONG posts back to back, but I just have a LOT of thoughts in a very short amount of time and that's just sort of what happens, so I'm sorry if it's annoying you guys. I don't mean to spam. just block me I guess? (idk how to block, I just heard it was a feature back when bicassie was in this thread)

I actually Love it! I love to read long and explained opinions of people here, it is refreshing to see all of the variety of opinions in here

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif