Fluorine

Charli XCX

Okay question- what song do you guys think shows Charli’s vocal ability the best?

Maybe Kingdom but honestly I listened to it last night randomly and shes hitting high notes but she's singing very softly.

Unpopular opinion but I didn't ever think Charli was an amazing singer with a good range. I think her vocal abilities are fine and her songwriting is amazing, but I don't think she's a strong singer, and I don't think someone has to be a necessarily good singer to be a good artist.

Maybe Kingdom but honestly I listened to it last night randomly and shes hitting high notes but she's singing very softly.

Unpopular opinion but I didn't ever think Charli was an amazing singer with a good range. I think her vocal abilities are fine and her songwriting is amazing, but I don't think she's a strong singer, and I don't think someone has to be a necessarily good singer to be a good artist.

yeah shes competent enough to pass. she has a rly unique voice tho which...a lot of singers cant rly say the same. she has way more personality in her voice than a lot of popular Vocalists imo :/

I don't think that's fair to say. If she trained she could really improve, the thing is she doesn't even try. She'd rather smoke, drink, do poppers and scream all night long at her afterparties. It's true that, as of now, her vocals are the least interesting aspect to her music, but I don't think things are set in stone.

Luckily she gets away with having this voice bc she uses autotune anyway (in an artistic, conscious way, but she still uses it) and you barely hear what she actually sounds like. She could never do what Sia does (thank god bc her album are 3/4 fillers) or Sara Bareilles tho (as of now)

I 100% agree and I think that's why I love Sucker so much! Her voice really suits that bratty punk pop, even on Need Ur Luv, like it just works.

But I also really love her rap / spoken vocal thing she does on Number 1 Angel and some of Pop 2... But yeah, she can sing but her talent definitely lies in songwriting and curation of music.

Ugh I just want XCX 3... At least confirm an album Charli! This is your biggest hit since 2015!

I know y'all hate this but right now my dream XCX3 tracklist is...

01. Come To My Party

02. 1999 (ft. Troye Sivan)

04. White Mercedes

05. No Angel

06. Boys

07. Blame It On Your Love (ft. Stefflon Don)

09. Dance All Night (ft. MØ)

12. Girls Night Out

13. After The Afterparty (ft. Lil Yachty)