Fluorine

Charli XCX

Come To My Party would not be a hit in 2019!  :toofunny: The song is dated, lyrically it's regressive for Charli. Plus having been leaked and available online for over a year now, means it's likely to bomb.

It'd be a nice buzz track (if it is even gonna be released) along with the album pre-order or something.

I agree they need to have another strong single to follow and I think it needs to be a new unheard song! Angels aren't gonna stream a song they've had for over a year (see GNO and No Angel) enough for it to have an impact. CTMP is too much of a gamble for her.

Honestly us angels are gonna stream it anyway bc we wanna push her and the gp hasn’t heard it so????

Honestly us angels are gonna stream it anyway bc we wanna push her and the gp hasn’t heard it so????

You really believe that? Look at GNO and No Angel, the streams are terrible! What makes CTMP any different? We need new material for us and the GP to support, you all know you'd play CTMP once or twice a week before you get bored and demand the next single.

And before people start with the whole "but it will be in HQ" and "it has new production" etc. GNO had minor changes, then No Angel was reproduced by Invisible Men and had a whole new bridge - also it hadn't even leaked prior to release, but cos we'd heard the live version a hundred times it bombed.

Exactly...

You really believe that? Look at GNO and No Angel, the streams are terrible! What makes CTMP any different? We need new material for us and the GP to support, you all know you'd play CTMP once or twice a week before you get bored and demand the next single.

And before people start with the whole "but it will be in HQ" and "it has new production" etc. GNO had minor changes, then No Angel was reproduced by Invisible Men and had a whole new bridge - also it hadn't even leaked prior to release, but cos we'd heard the live version a hundred times it bombed.

The summer singles had limited backing... 1999 has an official video and A LOT more push and promo.

Exactly...

The summer singles had limited backing... 1999 has an official video and A LOT more push and promo.

Yeah, I know they weren't pushed by the label or promoted - but I do believe that CTMP will flop hard... I mean we probably won't even get CTMP anyways. So it's not even worth discussing haha.

actually I remember u mentioned this before and this is a good point. the vast majority of people haven't heard CTMP, honestly a lot of people probably dont even know it exists. only the hardcore stans are the ones going through the trouble of downloading leaks and stuff. and I would hope that we would still stream it cuz we gotta help cholly get $$$$$$

I think CTMP is such a great and catchy song that it could do well on the charts despite the fact it's a few years old and leaked. It just needs to have the right push behind it and a killer mv, which is all possible... it's not PC produced so Atlantic would actually be willing to promo it. I think it would be fucking amazing as a lead single for an album. I have faith in this, maybe I'm misguided but god this song just NEEDS to be released it's such a crime that it's not yet, ugh

y'all are delusional if u think releasing CTMP with 1999's current standing would be a good idea. Honestly, even if 1999 goes top 10, hell even top 5, I have little hope any follow up single would see success. The GP seems to be here for the song but not necessarily for Charli. 

y’all are acting like 1999 succees came only from the angels? it’s clear that the gp is listening and making it big. our streams aren’t enough to make a song become an hit. that’s why ctmp shouldn’t be a single, it will flop. the angels like to pretend they’re streaming charli songs but we all know they LIE. i’d rather listen to something new than a song that’s been leaked for ages now.

y’all are acting like 1999 succees came only from the angels? it’s clear that the gp is listening and making it big. our streams aren’t enough to make a song become an hit. that’s why ctmp shouldn’t be a single, it will flop. the angels like to pretend they’re streaming charli songs but we all know they LIE. i’d rather listen to something new than a song that’s been leaked for ages now.

THIS. I love CTMP, but tbh if anything this is this era’s “Boom Clap, I Love It, Break The Rules, Fancy, etc.” Unless her label actually keeps her on Today’s Top Hits, gives her banners, billboards, NY Times Square, Good Morning America, Kimmel, SNL, a radio deal, etc. it’ll flop. Angels can only do so much & it’s not like she has the fan base of Gaga! Hell, her fan base is probably the same as Marina! They get similar amount of streams & video views! Unless her label does her justice we ain’t gonna get another hit. I hope it goes well though. Hell, I hope this song takes off more on radio!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

No angel is xcx's best song, and that's not an opinion, it's a fact, kiss kiss!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m