Fluorine

Charli XCX

sure I wanted more solo Charli but I just LOVE her SO much that I’m literally just SOOO excited to hear this album!!!! She could literally fart & cry in every track &&& I’d still FUCKING LOVE IT :toofloppy: LMFAO IM JUST SO EXCITED I MEAN DAMN 14 FEATURES IS A LOT - I SERIOUSLY CANT EVEN IMAGINE THE TRACKLIST & THAT MAKES IT EVEN BETTER!!!!!! :defeated: :poordat: :flutter: :crai:

14417469274.gif

honestly the thought of a charli album with more than 50% solo songs feels weird to me, like it would be missing something lol… but i hope there are four or five solo tracks. obviously there will be instances of two and maybe three features on one track. 

i love N1A but after the scalpage of Pop 2… it does feel a lil hollow :sadcore4:

Pop2 had 13 features, y'all are doing entirely too much as always

ah, yeah, my bad but yeah, 360 deals don’t have album limits

This is also untrue

BzhmW.png

Currently relistening to charli's entire discography

Finishing up N1A but whew TR and Sucker were amazing roller coasters.

I'm doing this too right now!

She did that with Super Ultra and Heartbreaks & Earthquakes.  :defeated:  The Jungle remix slaps  :defeated: I wish the original mix was released.

Are we really freaking out about the features again??? Seriously what did u guys expect lol, I remember we all freaked out about Pop 2's features and then it ended up being LEGENDARY so I don't think it's a huge deal. Also she *usually* collabs with genuinely good and interesting artists so I'm excited to hear what she's working on even though I do wish it was a little longer than 15 tracks

FzytWEW.png

I'm doing this too right now!

She did that with Super Ultra and Heartbreaks & Earthquakes. :defeated: The Jungle remix slaps :defeated: I wish the original mix was released.

Right?? Currently in the middle of XCX World and wow the songs in here :defeated:

I empathize with ppl feeling let down abt how feature heavy this is gonna be. It just feels like a lot even with multiple artists per track, producers as features, etc

HOWEVER I am trying to keep my expectations open. We really dont know barely anything about this album besides the few songs we've heard and 2 of those are only lq live clips, there's really no reason to assume anything about what the album will be like, so let's not assume

with music I find that if I let go of my expectations / pre conceived notions as much as possible I always end up enjoying it more. obviously that's really tough to do but it's worth it, because in the end you'll be more satisfied if you dont expect anything in particular, just keep an open mind and try to appreciate whatever we end up getting.

I hope this post doesnt sound self righteous or something lol, anyway I'm fucking psyched for the announcement whenever it comes, I cant believe we're getting a new full length project from our queen, I have no doubt that she will deliver something truly special  :flutter:

Remember when Hanging Around featured Rivers Cuomo and it didn’t even really feel like a feature? Maybe some of the features are more like that... :toofunny:

Also the Doing It feat. Rita wasn’t detracting too much from Charli’s presense either. Idk... it’s tough because I really just like Charli for Charli but she does features well too. Features are also a good mechanism to generate buzz and boost streams so if can feel fabricated too, and I hope it just really doesn’t feel that way.

It feels like the label is kinda trying to dictate what Charli is, and I hope that doesn’t come across in the music. The important thing is that Charli feels good about it though I guess.